Check out the top 25 rated balance pads on the market today. Our lists are refreshed every day!Click Here to See our Balance Pads
So you bought a Balance Pad. Here’s a list of 10 things you can use to get the most out of your balance pad.
- Start on the ground. Make sure you are comfortable with each movement on the ground before adding a fitness pad.
- Start in the contracted position. Before you start your set of exercises, get into a fully contracted position (lift the weight stack by contracting the muscle group you’re about to work). Then step up on to the balance pad and begin your reps.
- Stabilize. Engage your core to stabilize the body.
- Be intentional. Concentrate on contracting the intended muscle / muscle group without smaller muscles trying to take over.
- Stay contracted. Fully contract the muscle you are working though the entire rep.
- Relax. Don’t over grip with your hands.
- Breathe. Coordinate your breathing with the contractions in a rhythmical pace.
- Put it into the muscle. Relax everything except the muscle being worked, including your facial expressions and grip. Direct all your energy into the muscle being worked.
- Decrease weight. When doing functional movements, it’s not how much weight is moved but how it’s moved that counts. Decrease your weight and focus on the movement rather than focusing on strength.
- Modify. Use the pad according to your fitness level. Try stepping up with one leg until you can balance on two. Use a wider stance with a lower center of gravity. And most of all, feel free to be creative and have fun.