Slam your way to foundational fitness! Slam Balls are an integral piece in exercise equipment as an effective way to build power and speed. Create power workout routines or just incorperate in your daily fitness.
Functional training begins with progressive foundational exercises for abs, core, chest, back, legs, and shoulders. Slam Balls challenge the body creating growth and development in a safe and fun manner.
Top 12 Best Slam Balls Reviewed
- UNLEASH YOUR POWER: TRX Slam Balls will help you unleash your power! Engage your entire body in a high-intensity TRX Slam Ball workout that builds strength, cardio and explosive power.
- EASY-GRIP TEXTURED SURFACE: The TRX Slam Ball features a rugged, textured surface that provides easy gripping and helps you keep a sure handle on the Ball during your workout.
- DURABLE RUBBER SHELL: Designed to survive your toughest workouts, the TRX Slam Ball features a thick, ultra-durable rubber shell that absorbs impact from every core-strengthening dead bounce.
- MULTIPLE WEIGHT OPTIONS: TRX Slam Balls are sold individually and are available in 6, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40 and 50 lb weights, allowing you to select the right size for your workout or fitness level. All TRX Slam Balls are covered by a one year warranty.
- THE TRX MANIFESTO: As the leaders in functional training, our mission is to empower you in your pursuit of better. We've developed the world's best training equipment, workout programs, and education courses to help you push, pull, squat and lunge your way to a better version of yourself.
- TAKE YOUR WODS TO THE NEXT LEVEL: Cross training is founded on innovation and variety - and our slam ball helps transform your WODS and quickly advance cross training levels, all while letting you reap all of its benefits with unprecedented ease.
- BOOST YOUR AEROBIC CAPACITY: Slam ball workouts tone the cardiovascular system, enhance circulation and dramatically improve your strength and endurance. By moving at a high speed, you push your body towards producing more power - and FAST.
- BUILD MUSCLE MASS & ATTAIN PERFECT BALANCE: Slam balls add a layer of resistance to exercises which traditionally rely on bodyweight. They naturally increase muscle mass and improve posture and balance, through aiding in regulating movement patterns.
- ENGINEERED FOR PRECISION & DURABILITY: Simply the highest quality slam balls on the market. Our slam balls have gone through over 10 re-designs throughout the years, aiming for perfection and both indoor and outdoor exercise precision.
- CHOOSE YOUR SIZE: Our 9" diameter balls are offered in 10-lb, 15-lb, 20-lb, 25 lb, 30 lb, 35 lb, 40 lb and 50 lb sizes. Get one now according to your strength level and come back to buy more, as your endurance increases!
- Durable: Thick rubber walls that withstand high impact with the ground; Not stiff enough to split easily
- Usage: Throw against the ground or wall to work out muscles; Also works as great stress reducer
- Value: High quality slam ball at very affordable price; Solid design with excellent balanced filling
- Benefits: Work out your core, abs, and arms; Burn calories and fat
- Safe: Surface texture makes it easier to hold when your hands are sweaty
- STRONGER AND MORE DURABLE: Our version 2 slam balls are meant to take the abuse of modern Cross Training workouts! We made the next-generation MUCH stronger with a 50% thicker shell and reinforced air nozzle so you can slam them over and over again without fail.
- BUILD STRENGTH AND POWER FASTER: The explosive, full body movement of slamming and picking up the ball quickly develops serious, functional metabolic conditioning. These are perfect for Cross Training and HIIT, where the slam ball is a staple of many workouts.
- CHOOSE YOUR SIZE: We offer a full range of sizes for any training need. Get a great cardio workout with the lighter weight slam balls, and use heavier sizes for strength training. Women typically train in the 10lb to 25lb range, and men in the 20lb to 40lb range. Kids and beginners do great on a 10lb slam ball, while a fairly strong man should be able to handle a 30lb slam ball just fine!
- DESIGNED FOR SERIOUS TRAINING: The balls are made of extra-grippy rubber shells filled with sand, so they have low bounce and are easy to pick up quickly. 30 lbs and under sizes are 9 inches in diameter, while 35+lbs get progressively larger as you go up in weight.
- Order today and get a full 1 year warranty for home use, 6 month warranty for commercial use. Rep Fitness is a full-service equipment company headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We carry a full line of strength and conditioning equipment including benches, barbells, dumbbells, racks, cardio equipment and more!
- Heavy duty, triple stitched soft covering
- Absorbs impact
- All sizes are 14-Inch diameter and red/black color
- Special construction allows ball to maintain balance and keep its shape
- 6lb, 8lb, 10 lb,12lb,15 lb,18 lb,20 lb, 25 lb, and 30 lb sizes
- Not intended for slamming exercises, please refer to j/fit Slam Ball for use
- Sand filled, no bounce slam ball
- 9" diameter
- Made from PVC
- 15 pound medicine ball
- By Trademark Innovations
- HIGH-DENSITY CONSTRUCTION: Filled with iron sand to prevent the ball from bouncing or rolling and enhance the balance and firmness of the ball
- EASY TO GRIP SURFACE: Feature a grooved and textured PVC shell to help you get a firm grip on the ball even with sweaty hands
- THICK SEAMLESS DESIGN: Specially formulated resilient soft shell which is rotationally molded for a seamless construction to add more durability and ensure it cannot be split over time of use
- BOOST YOUR AEROBIC CAPACITY: Improve muscle mass, increase your heart rate & burn more calories, enhance coordination between your hands & eyes for smooth movements in sports
- IDEAL FOR THE TOUGHEST WODS: Non bounce, specifically designed for CrossFit exercises, conditioning workouts, wood chops, overhead throws, twists, MMA, wrestling, football, basketball, or general athletic training
- HIGH-INTENSITY WORKOUT. Engage your entire body in a high-intensity workout with the Triangle Sale Slam Ball. Building strength, cardio and explosive power, slam balls will help you unleash your power!
- EASY-GRIP SURFACE. A rugged, textured surface makes it easy to grip, ensuring that the ball doesn't slip out of your hands during your workout.
- DURABLE OUTER SHELL. Capable of handling your toughest workouts, the Triangle Sale features a thick, durable rubber shell to provide long-term strength and use. This tough outer shell absorbs impact from every core-strengthening dead bounce.
- STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING. Designed to be thrown to the ground without breaking, this slam ball is a great way to train for almost any sport. The explosive, full body movement behind slamming them down and picking them up quickly provides both strength and cardio benefits.
- VERSATILE USE. The no-bounce design can be used in traditional medicine ball exercises, cross-training throw downs, slamming and dead ball workouts, including sit-ups, squats, lunges, overhead presses and more.
- HIGHLY CONSTRUCTED: Made of high-density PVC outside and structured, our slam ball is designed to survive from the toughest exercise which highly impact with the ground. With grooved resilient soft shell, slam balls won't crack through heavily slam or throw. Sand filled inside makes medicine ball slam condensed and squishy with proper weights
- EASY TO GRIP: Look cool with textured surface provide a decent amount of grip between ball and palms, help hold tightly without slip even with sweaty palms
- RELEASE YOUR STRENGTH: Slam balls are perfect for exercises of core muscles, arms' strength in coordination with upper back, knees, abdominals, and shoulders. Help increase the total balance even with high-speed workouts. And help to produce more power, increase heart rate and burn more calories; improve posture and movements. Weighted ball is especially designed for athletic training, basketball, wrestling practice, with different workouts such as overhead throws, twists, wood chops and more
- MULITPLE WEIGHTS FOR MULTIPLE CHALLENGES: Available in 8, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 lbs, the 25 and 30-lb slam balls are 11-inch diameters while others are 9-inch diameters
- COVERED BY WARRANTY: 30-day free return and 1 year limited warranty
- DESIGNED TO SURVIVE YOUR TOUGHEST WORKOUT - POWER GUIDANCE slam balls are designed to be thrown thousands of times without any break or deformation
- SUITABLE FOR ANY FITNESS LEVEL - These low bounce slam balls can benefit athletes of any size and skill level, and they're versatile enough to use as wall balls or for traditional medicine ball exercises as well.
- NON-SLIP GRIP - Comes with grooved and textured shell to help you get a firm grip on the ball even with sweaty hands
- MULTIPLE WEIGHT OPTIONS - POWER GUIDANCE Slam ball are available in 6, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30lb weights, the 25, 30lb balls are 11'' in diameter, the others are all 9'' in diameter.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - At POWER GUIDANCE, we fully stand behind our products. If you don't 100% love our products, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Sand filled, no bounce slam ball
- 8 inch diameter
- Made from PVC
- 10 pound medicine ball
- By Trademark Innovations
- Usage: Throw against the wall to hit a target or use for medicine ball workouts like squats, sit-ups, twists and more; Not meant to be used for slam ball exercise routines as it will damage the ball
- Benefits: Develop core and muscle strength, increase cardiovascular endurance, and burn calories; Functional exercises help your everyday life, such as squatting, lifting, throwing and standing
- Durability: High quality synthetic-leather material on outside; Tight double-stitching holds it closed; Can withstand years of wall throws and medicine ball exercises!
- Dimensions: Weight - 10 lb, Diameter - 14"
- Titan Fitness Products: Check out our full line of cardio and muscle exercise equipment, like slam balls, dumbbells, exercise bikes, and power racks!
Slam Ball Functional Training
The ability to produce maximal power is so very important not only in competitive athletics but as we become middle-aged and older adults as well. By building and maintaining power, balance, and strength, we all can live a very enjoyable and active lifestyle.
While performing slam ball training for power you should focus on movement coordination and efficiency with the intent to move the slam ball with explosive movements, and as fast as humanly possible despite the slam ball’s weight.
Force depends on your ability to recruit what are called high threshold motor units, which are muscle fibers that have the ability to contract very fast and explosively. This ability is also known as neuromuscular efficiency and is enhanced with explosive medicine ball training.
10 Slam Ball Exercises For a Total Body Workout
Full-Body Slam Ball Exercises
1. Lunge With Overhead Press
Stand with the feet together, holding a slam ball with a weight that is manageable for you, in front of the chest with both hands. Lift the right foot off the floor, bending the knee, and hold this position for one count before stepping forward into a lunge. With the body weight shifting to the right leg, extend the slam ball straight overhead. While still in the lunge position, pull the ball back to the chest, and bring the front leg back to the starting position and repeat.
2. Lunge With Twist
Standing with feet about shoulder width apart, and shoulders relaxed, hold a slam ball out in front of the chest. Step forward into a lunge with the right leg. Get deep into that lunge, making sure the front thigh is parallel with the floor, then with extended arms, reach the slam ball to the right, rotating the torso at the same time. Maintain the lunge and return to center. Return to the standing position, then lunge with the other leg (and rotate to the left this time). Do the twist in place, or moving forward as walking lunges.
3. Squat Press and Throw
With your heels grounded, come to a squat position (as if sitting in an invisible chair). Drive through the heels to jump, and throw the ball straight up as high as possible. Let the ball drop to the ground and repeat. Be sure to step back after each throw so the ball doesn’t hit you in the head on the way down. This should be obvious, but I have seen some people just stand there and take it off the noggin.
Legs and Glutes
4. Single-Leg Squat
Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent. Lift the right foot off the ground and extend it forward. Hold the slam ball in front of your midsection, and lower the body into a squat position. Return to start position, and switch legs. That is one repetition.
5. Reaching Romanian Dead-lift
This one will challenge your balance. Stand on the right leg, with a slam ball in both hands. Bend the right knee slightly, and hinge forward at the hips, extending the left leg straight back. The body should now form a straight line that’s perpendicular to the standing leg. Return the extended leg to the floor, repeat, then switch legs. Maintain good focus and drive through your heels. This is one of my favorite hamstring / glute exercises.
6. Single-Leg Hip Bridge
Lie on your back and place your right foot onto the slam ball. Squeeze the hips up toward the sky with the left leg straight in the air, and all your weight supported by the right foot and the shoulders. Pause for a one count, then slowly return to the start position, and repeat. That will make one repetition.
7. Circle Squat Slam
Stand holding a slam ball at the right hip. Circle the ball overhead toward the left, while stepping out the left leg to into a side squat (think of a sumo wrestler). Circle the ball all the way overhead and slam the ball into the ground to the left side of the body, while still in the squat, pick up the slam ball and step the feet back together. Repeat, then switch directions.
Chest and Back
8. Single-Arm Slam Ball Push-Ups
Adding a slam ball to your standard push-up quickly puts you into an even more challenging movement. Get into a high-plank with a slam ball under one hand. Lower the chest toward the floor to perform a push-up. Return to high-plank and roll the ball to the other hand. (Modify by dropping to your knees.)
9. Slam Ball Push-Ups
Begin in a standard push-up position, place your hands on the slam ball, and shift your body weight forward until in plank position. Keeping the core tight, and the head aligned with the spine, slowly lower the chest toward the ball until it nearly touches the slam ball. Make sure to keep the elbows pinned tightly at your sides. Finish the move by pressing upward through the arms until they’re fully extended. If you are not strong enough to perform this movement, go ahead and drop your knees on the mat.
10. Weighted Superman
Lie face down on the mat with arms stretched out in front, holding onto a lightweight slam ball. Slowly raise your arms and legs up as high as possible, engaging the back muscles. Hold the position at the top for a three count, and lower the body back down to the mat and repeat.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-07-18