Healthy4LifeOnline delivers the top 12 rated Road Bikes on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Rugged frames, hot new styles, to the lightest bikes on the planet…. We have what you are looking for below.
- Top Brands
- Lots of Sizes
- Many Pricepoints to Choose From
Top 12 Best Road Bikes Reviewed
- 6061 double butted aluminum frame - lightweight
- Shimano A050 thumb shifters
- 700C doubled Walled CNC machined sides
- 21 speeds to handle any Situation
- Free pedals included
- 21-speed road bike features a lightweight aluminum frame
- Alloy calipers and alloy brake levers
- High-profile alloy Vitesse racing rims
- Shimano derailleur and Shimano Revo shifts makes it easy to change gears quickly and smoothly
- High-performance 700c tires are up to the challenge of rigorous street racing
- 21 Speed Shimano Shifting system ensure you to brakes for safety at any speed.
- Dual Disc brake provided great stopping power.
- Perfect design wheels makes the bike more fashion.
- Free pedals and comfortable seat include in the packages.
- Lightweight and Sturdy 6061 Aluminum Frame for smooth riding and easy transport.
- Shimano shifter and Shimano derailleur for reliable shifting
- Quick-Release Front Wheels is easy to install and no tools needed
- Aluminum kickstand is lightweight and can reduce the weight of the bike
- Make sure you read Product Description before purchasing. Rotate the fork for 180 degree before assemble the front wheel (the brake will be in front of the bike)
- Light Weight: Constructed with aluminum reduces the weight of the bike and offers more benefits on quickness of speed. Easy meet the demands of adding the transferring power, doubling the riding efficiency and bringing an excellent racing experience.
- Sturdy Frame: Strong aluminum frame is up to the terrible road situations and the purpose for stable-riding can be fulfilled. It also provides comfortable and adjustable handle bar and seat post for you.
- Easy Installation: Quick-Release Front Wheels allow you easy to install, disassemble and maintenance, which enables you for convenient parking and storage. Its reasonable price does provide a high-quality performance of the bike itself.
- Premium Performance: Maximizes the daily riding enjoyment and provides safe and fast user experience. High-performance 700C tires can solve multiple challenges and problems of rigorous street racing. And the updated derailleur can perfectly meet your demand of everyday happy riding.
- Colorful Appearance: It possesses five fashionable colors, respectively black, blue, green, orange and red. Its attractive design meets your demand striving for keeping the pace with style.
- 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Frame - Lightweight
- Shimano A050 Thumb Shifters
- 700c Doubled Walled CNC Machined Wheelset with Quick Release Skewers
- Shimano 21 Speed Drivetrain to Handle Any Situation
- Free Pedals Included, Bike is Factory Direct, Assembly & Tuning are required
- YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND MORE THAN $600: Because Tommaso is a direct to the consumer brand you can now get a bike with 100% Shimano gears, super lightweight aluminum frame, and lightweight wheels for under $600. Tommaso gives you value like no other brand. We provide a lifetime frame warranty and great service through our U.S. based customer service team.
- STEP UP TO THE BRAND NEW SHIMANO CLARIS R2000: The Shifters, Derailleurs, Crank, and Brakes are all new 2018 Claris. R2000 Claris STI shifters now mimic 105 and Tiagra components up the line. Cables are routed under the bar for a clean look that shifts perfectly. Only bikes with integrated shifters and brake levers will perform at optimal levels. Don't be fooled by imitators using off-brand cranks or shifters, they aren't optimized for Shimano gearing and can't deliver precision shifting.
- YOU DESERVE A COMFORTABLE RIDE: Our compact frame geometry offers a more relaxed position for all riding styles, with a shallow handlebar drop so that you can still be comfortable when riding in the lower handlebar position. We even added extra control on turns by equipping the Imola with wider 25mm, 700c road bike tires. Every part of the Imola is designed for maximum comfort and efficiency, so that you can get the most out of every ride
- THE IMOLA IS AFFORDABLE PERFORMANCE, NOT ENTRY LEVEL: If you are just getting into cycling or returning after a long hiatus, this is your bike. New and returning cyclists don't need "beginner bikes", that won't meet your needs or last. You deserve affordable performance! The Imola embodies the idea of affordable performance with a full Shimano groupset you hope is on bikes costing $100's more. Compare the Imola's specs with any bike, and you will see the difference between us and the competition
- BUILT TO LAST: All too often things are made cheaply and break before their time. We believe that bikes should be reliable and built to last. This is why we use the highest quality aluminum in our bikes, and back it with our industry leading lifetime warranty. We also use only Shimano components, which are backed up with Shimano's two year warranty and are designed function better and last longer than anything else on the market. Ride with confidence, knowing your new bike was built to last!
- Frame: 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Aero
- Fork: 700c 1 1/8" Threadless
- Shifters: Shimano A050 SIS Handlebar Mounted
- Wheelset: 700c Doubled Walled CNC Machined Side
- Free Pedals
- Schwinn aluminum road frame with road fork for quick agile riding
- Full Shimano 14 speed drivetrain with Microshift integrated brake lever shifting
- High profile alloy rims with paired spokes are lightweight and strong, front quick release
- Promax alloy caliper road brakes for great breaking power
- SR Suntour alloy crank for wide gear range
- Aerobar extensions for added comfort on long rides
- Schwinn aluminum road frame with a steel road fork ensures quick, agile riding
- Shimano 14-speed integrated shifter/brake lever combo works with Shimano derailleurs for precise shifting
- Schwinn oversized road tires provide fast and smooth cycling wherever the ride takes you
- Alloy double wall rims are strong and light
- Schwinn aluminum handlebar, stem and seat post are lightweight and durable
- Steel frame
- 21-speed shifters
- Alloy caliper brakes
The Benefits of A Road Bike
Road bikes are considered the sports car of the bicycle world due to their undeniable speed compared to other styles of bicycles. They go fast and handle great on the paved surface road. There is a price to be paid for this performance. Lots of bicycle enthusiasts still choose road bikes for their lightweight speed, performance, and excitement.
Three Reasons to Use a Road Bike
Compared to any other types of bikes, road bikes are considered to be the top dog when it comes to speed. The large diameter wheels with slim tires are the biggest factor to a road bike’s quickness. Wheels and tires are light, sleek and smooth, designed to move you down the road with very little drag as possible. Mountain bikes with their heavy, lugged wheels and mixed-surface design cannot keep up. Same with hybrids or cruiser bikes, whose wheels and tires are constructed with more bump absorption or sturdiness in mind.
2. Lightweight, but Tough
It may be made with lightweight materials, but a road bike is a heavy duty and durable. Road bikes are developed for cycling on the road, as its name implies, and are best to use for racing, touring, or competing in a triathlon, on any hard smooth surface
A combination of fast wheels and lightweight construction with a purposeful, athletic, forward-leaning posture create a very effective package. The reach riding position for road bikes allows the rider to pedal hard with no need to deal with too much wind resistance and the multiple hand positions allow you to change hand positions that will help you to feel comfortable for long periods of time. Fast, light and efficient are all traits of modern road bikes.
How to Choose A Road Bike
Manufacturers, these days, make bikes from primarily three materials: aluminum, steel, and carbon fiber. Each material has different attributes that provide a different experience to the performance of the bike. Manufacturers select their frame material based on the specific characteristics they’re looking for. Occasionally they’ll use a pairing of materials.
- Aluminum is the common material used by bike producers today. Builders like it due to the fact it’s lightweight and stiff. Being stiff, frames made from aluminum flex less under load, leading more of the rider’s energy into forwarding motion. Therefore, a bike made of aluminum will have a fast, solid and perky feel to it. However, because it is stiff, aluminum can give a rough, less comfortable ride.
- Steel on the other hand, which has been used to make bicycles for a hundred years, can be very rigid, but normally, steel provides a bike a smoother, and a lot more stable, more comfortable ride. This is a more pliant material, and so, absorbs road vibration nicely. Besides being very strong and reliable, steel can also be fixed when aluminum or carbon fiber may not. However, steel bicycles weigh a little more.
- Carbon fiber boasts the best qualities of both steel and aluminum. It’s a very flexible material. It can be “laid up” to be stiff or flexible, based upon on what part of the frame it is used, and depending on what ride features the builder wants the bike to be. It does have a couple of downsides. One is that carbon fiber is very expensive. However, the price has reduced over the past few years, and more and more bikes are being made of it. The other drawback to carbon fiber is its natural weakness to tolerate impact. It is more easily damaged than steel or aluminum, and damage is difficult to assess. Cracks in the material that may provide a bike risky to ride, are not always visible.
As the term suggests, frame geometry pertains to the lengths of the frame tubes and the angles at which they are put together. The frame geometry, like the frame material, results how the bicycle works. More specifically, the frame geometry ascertains the way the bike handles. The frame geometry furthermore affects the fit. Variations in top tube lengths, for instance, change the fit simply by changing how much you lean over.
The fit is extra important on a road bike, due to the more exact geometry of the frame and the longer, tougher pedaling efforts on the bike. You need to be able to modify the saddle height to match your leg length and extension. And when you’re seated on the bike you should feel pressure on your seat and your hands only. You shouldn’t feel any additional tension in your back or shoulders. A comfortable position is important for the long ride.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-06-19