Best Plyo Boxes in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1 Best Plyo Boxes in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1.1 Yes4All Wood Plyo Box/Wooden Plyo Box for Exercise, Crossfit Training, MMA, Plyometric Agility – 3 in 1 Plyo Box/Plyo Jump Box (20/18/16)
- 1.2 BalanceFrom 3 in 1 20" 24" 30" Foam Plyometric Box Jumping Exercise (Regular, 16 Pounds)
- 1.3 Yes4All Foam Plyo Box/Plyometric Box Platform for Crossfit, Jump Training & Conditioning – Plyo Jump Box/Soft Plyo Box 3 in 1 (20/24/30)
- 1.4 j/fit Plyometric Jump Box Set of 4 - 12, 18, 24 & 30 Inches
- 1.5 GoSports Fitness Launch Box | 3-in-1 Plyo Jump Box for Exercises of All Skill Levels
- 1.6 papababe 3 in 1 20'' x 24'' x 30” Foam Plyometric Box Jumping Exercise
- 1.7 Garage Fit Wood Plyo Box - 12/14/16 inch 3 in 1 Plyo Box Plyometric Box, Plyometric Jump Box, Plyometric Jump Boxes, Box Jump Boxes, Jump Box (12/14/16)
- 1.8 AmazonBasics Wood Plyometric Training Exercise Box, 16" x 20" x 24"
- 1.9 Wood Plyometric Box 24/20/16 by Day 1 Fitness, 3-in-1, for Crossfit Training, Jumps - Heavy-Duty, Non-Slip Plyo Boxes with Rounded Corners for Safety - Durable Conditioning Equipment, Single
- 1.10 Yes4All Adjustable Soft Plyo Box – Available in 6, 12, 18 and 24-inch Box Sizes (C1. Black - 18")
- 1.11 The Benefits of Plyo Box Exercises
- 1.12 Reasons to Do Plyo Box Exercises
- 1.13 Best Exercises to do with a Plyo Box
- 1.14 Additional Products to View
Plyo Box Exercises are designed to enhance your quickness and explosiveness
Box Jumps are a great way to work on your explosiveness
Run faster and Jump higher by performing box jumps regularly
Increase your speed with explosive jumping ability in a few short weeks
Increase your strength and balance
- AVAILABLE IN 18 INCHES – 20x18x16"- Save more space with one box only that can be used to vary your desired jump height to 3 height levels
- PRO-DUTY WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Goes with internal bracing (on 3 largest sizes) for maximum strength; s for a non-slip surface on the top and to support heavy-weight athletes
- IDEAL FOR PLYOMETRIC EXERCISE, CROSSFIT, MMA: Plyometric moves are the ones in which the strength, elasticity, muscle innervations get used to jump higher - throw farther - hit harder. Perfect for step-ups, box squats, CrossFit work and MMA
- ADVANCED DESIGN FOR JUMPING: Features pre-drilled holes for quick assembly and rounded corners where you can put maximum efforts without getting hurt. Poly-coated outer layer to protect the exterior
- SUITABLE FOR COMMERCIAL & INDIVIDUAL USE: This Box is durable, stable, easy to use & assemble, which is a perfect choice for gym center with numerous users and ideal for you to do jumping exercises at home
- Two styles - Regular style weighs 16 pounds, heavy duty style weights 60 pounds
- Three in one - simply rotate the box to get 20-inch, 24-inch and 30-inch
- No injuries - durable foam material so you don’t have to worry about getting injured
- Anti-slip - the surface is a slip-free, meaning you can have stability with every single set of jumps
- All genuine Balance From products are covered by a 100% Balance From satisfaction support and 2-year Balance From Support
- STRONG AND STURDY CONSTRUCTION: The thick, durable vinyl cover resists wear and tear while remaining firm even after heavy use. You do not have to worry about dirt & footprints as PVC covering allows you to wipe clean the box quickly & conveniently
- BUILD STRENGTH AND EXPLOSIVE POWER: Perfect for all kinds of plyometric & HIIT exercises, MMA & CrossFit workouts, 3 different height settings let you control the difficulty levels for push-ups, step-ups, box-squats, squats, lunges, dips and many more
- BENEFITS OF PLYOMETRIC TRAINING: Increase the elasticity and muscle strength thus reduce the risk of injuries; it also improves physical speed and helps your body burn calories and hasten weight loss effectively
- DIMENSIONS: 30 x 24 x 20” (LxWxH). Weight: 15. 5 lbs. Our Foam Ploy Box is made from high quality foam and PVC leather. Built to last, the box can hold up to 350 lbs.
- ADJUSTABLE & EXTRA SAFE DESIGN: 3 sided unique designs offer 3 different height. PVC leather covers prevents slipping and makes it easier on your skin & your shins on missed steps
- INDESTRUCTIBLE PLYO BOXES: Our plyo boxes are made from high quality materials so as to last for the many years to come. The heavy duty steel construction guarantees safe and dynamic performances.
- STABLE RUBBER STOPPERS: Excel your routines but keep your posture safe with our plyometric boxes. The rubber stoppers on the bottom are screwed for optimum safety and will keep boxes from sliding.
- CHOOSE SIZE PLYO BOX: 4 sizes plyo boxes that satisfy all needs.12" box-13x13" top, 14x14" base / 18" box-14x14" top, 18x18" base / 24" box-15x15" top, 21x21" base / 30" box-16x16" top, 23x23" base.
- NON SLIP TAPERED PLYOMETRIC PLATFORM: All of our j/fit jump platforms are tapered and ensure greater stability and ease in jumping. The stackable design saves space and time from storing.
- IMPROVE HEALTH & TONE BODY: Our portable plyo boxes are suitable for men and women who love total body workouts. Ideal for step ups, lateral step overs, jump squats, burpee box jumps and more.
- LAUNCH BOX: Take health to new heights with the Launch Box! Full set includes 1 Launch Box, Drill Bit, Allen Key and all necessary assembly screws
- 3 HEIGHTS IN 1: Launch Box is marked with three different heights, simply rotate and choose between: 16”, 20” and 24”. Variable heights are great for all training skill levels and a wide range of conditioning exercises (exercises included)
- FITNESS MADE EASY: Working out at home or at the gym is now easier than ever! Whether you have a busy schedule or you’re looking to add variation to your workouts, Launch Box gives you access to countless exercises for any fitness routine
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Launch Box uses an ultra sturdy puzzle box design for maximum support and an additional internal brace for optimized durability. The thick premium wooden construction features sanded edges for comfort and carry handles for easy po
- AMERICAN BRAND: GoSports is a US Company with US Customer Support and we fully stand behind our products
- HIGH DENSITY AND HIGHLY RESILIENT EPE FORM: Filled with high dense and Eco-Friendly EPE foam, plyometrics box rotecting your joints while jumping and remains firm enough to perform multiple movements. Highly resilient make recover quickly and enough for anyone to train or do exercise on it, it is the best choice of jumping trainer!
- IMPRESSIVELY VERSATILE: Providing 3 height settings different difficulty levels for push-ups, step-ups, box-squats, squats, lunges, dips and many more and its great for all kinds of plyometric & HIIT exercises, MMA & CrossFit workouts.
- SECURITY: Built to last, Plyometrics Box holds up to 350 lbs, great load-bearing capability ensures more performence safety; anti-slip covering PVC leather and Heavy-duty firm EPE construction allows for added stability.
- MULY-SITE USE: Equipment Free and can be done virtually anywhere too, you can always choose to do box jumping on a ledge, on stairs or elsewhere, If you want to save money and space, box jumps are definitely a great way to go.
- DIMENSION: 30 x 24 x 20 inches(L X W X H). Weight: 16 lbs, 1-year warranty.
- - MAXIMUM EFFORT WITHOUT FEAR: The rounded wood plyo box corners guarantee you can put in maximum effort with every jump because you won't get hurt.
- - DRASTICALLY IMPROVED SPORTS PERFORMANCE: Perform a huge selection of exercises on the plyo jump box drastically improving your jumping ability no matter what your sport.
- - 3 SIZES FOR THE PRICE OF 1: Save huge money and space, because the plyometric workout box comes in 3 of the most popular sizes available (20" x 24" x 30"), (18"x20"x24"), or (12"x14"x16") - PLEASE NOTE: YOU ARE PURCHASING ONE PLYO BOX, NOT THREE
- - ROCK SOLID PLYO BOX: The puzzle joints and bracing means the plyo box is as solid as a rock and can handle 350 pounds.
- - DESIGNED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: Box squat box ships flat to save you money and pre-drilled holes makes set up easy. Click 'Add to Cart' now!
- Sturdy wood box designed for CrossFit, MMA, and plyometric (jump-training) workouts
- Durable solid-wood construction; offers reliable support for heavy-weight athletes
- 3-in-1 variable height—simply rotate the rectangular box to accommodate more demanding workouts and challenging jump heights
- Slip-free surface for added safety; easy to assemble; weighs 36.3 pounds
- Measures 24 by 16 by 20 inches (LxWxH); backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
- SUPERIOR PLYO BOX: This premium plyometric box by Day 1 Fitness is the perfect way to train your vertical leap, coordination and gain explosive power! Develop your quadriceps and enhance your metabolism with this intense workout box!
- 3 SIZES IN 1 BOX: Our crossfit boxes come in 4 different sizes to suit your needs, whether you are a beginner or a professional athlete seeking a challenge. Each box can be rotated 3 different ways for more difficult heights to boost your exercises.
- VERSATILE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT: In addition to building power, explosiveness and coordination, you can use our crossfit box for a total body workout! Perform tricep dips, incline push-ups, reverse lunges, split squats, and more for intense workouts!
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: This crossfit training equipment comes with everything you need for quick and convenient assembly. It features pre-drilled holes, and rounded corners for maximum safety during workouts. Size 16/14/12 has NO inner supports.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: At Day 1 Fitness, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional products to fit your health and fitness goals. If you are not 100% satisfied with our workout box, return it within 30 days for a full refund.
- BUILT TO LAST: Yes4All Adjustable Soft Plyo Box is made of EPE foam that offers increased stability and holds up to 440lbs for maximized safety. The heavy duty vinyl coating keeps it from wear and tear even with explosive plyometric workout sessions
- HIGH ADJUSTABILITY: Available in 4 height options, our jump boxes are fully stackable and can be used with each other for increased box height; simply put one on top of another and link them up securely with the attached Velcro straps
- SAFE, PRACTICAL DESIGN: PVC covering increases your feet grip and prevents slipping from sweats, while pro-duty foam construction absorbs pressure and reduces injury risk to a minimum. The covering can also be easily taken off for cleaning, washing
- HIGH WEIGHT CAPACITY: Due to its strong, quality construction, our plyometric box is capable of holding up to 440lbs and absorbing heavy pressure, offering maximum support and safety during intense workout sessions
- ULTIMATE TRAINING EQUIPMENT: Help drastically improve your performance with HIIT, CrossFit workouts and a huge selection of plyometric exercises such as box jumps, step-ups and box dips
The Benefits of Plyo Box Exercises
A Plyo Box is a sturdy metal or wooden raised platform developed for lower body (leg) plyometric training. This often consists of continuous jumping. You can use a small set of plyo boxes to train for particular sports skills. These include hurdling, jumping and leaping. Its recommended you exercise with a professional trainer before plyo-box training on your own.
Using Plyo Boxes in your workout will help you develop leg muscle power. This will increase muscle strength and speed.
Reasons to Do Plyo Box Exercises
To start with, you’ll need a raised plyometric box or platform. Jump up onto the raised platform. Try to hit the box with both feet at the same time. Then straighten your legs as the final step of this initial stage. Now its time to jump off. Make sure you’re positioned well and parallel to the box before starting your next jump. Repeat this many times achieves the benefit. You want to be as quick as possible, but also you want to do it safely.
What height should you start with? Choose the lowest height, and keep increasing the box until you’ve reached a height your comfortable with. Over time, this height should increase. Most women will want to start with a 14 – 18 in box. Most men will want to start with a 20 – 25 in box.
Start with 3 – 5 sets of 10 to 25 box jumps. Performing these exercises 3 times a week in optimal. Alternatively, you can also add them to a high intensity impact training (HIIT) workout.
Here are six reasons to love box jumps:
1. A great workout for your calves.
Jumping increases strength and muscular tone. It builds both your upper and low body strength. Box jumps force you to jump high. You will need to use a lot of your muscles to make the jump repeatedly.
2. The only equipment you need is the Plyo-Box.
You can either purchase on the of the top rate boxes listed above, or in a pinch, use something else as your raised platform. The intention is to jump up, and then down, and repeat. As long as your equipment is safe and sturdy, you can do plyo-box exercises.
3. Plyo Jumping can help with balance and coordination
As you get older, maintain balance and coordination is important. Plyo-box training helps with this, as well as increasing your overall strength.
4. Plyo-Jummping burns a lot of calories
Jumping at a fast pace burns 800 to 1,000 calories an hour. High-intensity jumping stimulates alterations in mitochondria. Your body will shed weight before carbohydrates. This means its a great weight loss tool.
5. Plyo Jumping will make you a better athlete.
Box jumping will help to enhance your vertical jump, speed, and endurance. It will also boost your coordination and help you play sports. Jumping and coordination is a big part of many sports, and having the strength and practice to do it properly is what plyo-jumping helps with.
6. Its a lot funner than it looks.
At first, it looks a bit scary. Try a few and and you’ll soon realize it is possible to jump higher than you thought you could. You probably can jump higher than you think you can.
Best Exercises to do with a Plyo Box
1. Plyo-box step ups
Get in front of a box. Step up onto the box with your right leg, and then your left (as if you were walking up stairs one stair at a time). Step down with your left leg first, then your right leg. Do 10 in a row, then switch legs, starting with your left leg first.
To take this up a notch, add weight. Hold on to a dumbbell or kettle bell. Try variations. Hold only 1 in either hand or 1 in each hand. Vary weight. The more variety you add, the better the results will be. If you can easily do the set defined above, its time to add weight.
2. Plyo-box lateral step over exercise
Stand at the side of a box. Step on the box with the leg closest to the box, and then bring up the other leg. Then reverse this by stepping down. Switch sides and stand on the other side of the box and repeat. Once you can easily do a set of 10 on each side, its time to add weight. Change the position of the weight to force your body to adjust.
3. Plyo-Box Burpees
Stand on the side of a box. Do a burpee. Google burpee if youre not sure what that is. Then do the plyo-box lateral raise described above. This one will be difficult to add weight to, as it would be tough to hold onto weights and do a burpee. But increase the speed to for better conditioning. But not too fast, keep it safe.
4. Plyo-Box push ups
Think of a pushup. But in this case, your feet are not on the floor, they are on the box. Start in an upright position. Then lower yourself down and then push up. Its a lot harder than you think. Its a great planking movement as well as a great exercises for your chest and shoulders.
5. Plyo-Box 2 feet jump
This one is simple to describe. Stand in front of the box. Jump up onto the box.Try to land both feet on the box at the same time. Don’t forget to engage your entire body to launch your body upwards. Jump off. Repeat. This is great for conditioning
Content Contributor: Mary G
Mary has a passion for learning about the human body, specializing in epigenetics. Blogging on multiple platforms, she loves to share the current research. More than research, she loves to be outdoors climbing, hiking and biking.
Fitness, health and supplements has been a life long passion for Mary, and she practices what she preaches by leading a healthy life lifting weights, kick boxing, eating healthy and maintaining a well balanced lifestyle. Mary is available for consultations and coaching, specializng in womens health issues.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-07-14.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.