How many different crazy or fad diets have you tried before? I think most of us know this isn’t the proper way to lose any of that extra weight, we still hope that this one is the quick fix we’ve been hoping for?
It’s time to stop watching and ordering diet plans from the infomercial-driven market and realize that the real secret diet plan is in natural methods of weight loss using nature’s own miracle foods.
By including natural foods and strategies, you’ll be able to lose the weight you have been trying to get rid of for good.
Here are some natural foods that will help you in your weight loss battle:
1. Choose brown rice over white rice.
Why brown rice? The answer is quite simple, it has more fiber. Brown rice is loaded with fiber. Due to the simple fact that the rice’s hull is kept intact during its processing, it retains its fiber content.
- The natural fiber found in brown rice allows our bodily systems to run smoother and keeps us full for much longer than low fiber white rice.
- Brown rice can be found in any grocery store, usually next to the white rice. Include some vegetables or herbs into the rice for extra flavor and variety.
2. Choose sweet potatoes over white potatoes.
They are slower digesting complex carbohydrates and Sweet potatoes are high in anti-oxidants and vitamins and are absolutely delicious as well.
- They provide many more nutrients than a typical white potato, they’re low in calories and a great weight loss food choice.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into chips or shoestring fries and roast in the oven for a tasty and colorful treat. You can microwave a single sweet potato quickly for a single serving, or bake them with the skin on.
3. Water is at the top of the list for a natural weight loss program.
It may sound pretty obvious, but the truth is, most of us don’t drink enough water every day. Not only does water flush out toxins and impurities, but it also helps in raising the metabolism, regulating body temperature and keeping our heart and brain healthy.
- Be on the lookout though for the popular flavored waters that often add some kind of sugar, artificial sweetener, or even salt to the formula, making them less healthy than plain water. Stick to the natural stuff!
4. Legumes and beans.
The benefits that beans and legumes provide are absolutely outstanding! They’re low in fat and high in fiber, making them a great choice for weight loss. They’re also extremely heart-healthy.
- You can find a wide variety of recipes online that incorporate legumes and beans into a healthy meal. Take some time to do a recipe search and your heart with thank you.
5. Fruit is an excellent addition to any natural weight loss regimen.
It provides natural energy to make exercising easier and it’s loaded with fiber to keep us full and curb cravings.
- Fruit is best eaten raw to receive its full benefit, especially the fiber. Fruit juice just doesn’t provide the same nutritional value as eating an actual piece of fruit.
- Fruit smoothies are an easy and healthy way to start your day. Even if you’re not a breakfast person, smoothies are easy to make and will satisfy your appetite. They are easy to take on the go. Plus if you use fresh fruits, you’ll retain the vitamin content.
6. Vegetables are one of the key building blocks to good nutrition, and essential to weight loss success.
High in vitamins and nutrients, veggies also provide us with energy to keep us going throughout the day. Plus, they have very little sodium, so they reduce bloating and water weight gain.
- Try to incorporate veggies into your lunches and dinners every day, specifically shoot for dark orange and dark green vegetables like squash, spinach, pumpkin, and romaine lettuce. A simple side salad or lettuce and tomato on a sandwich is an easy way to get your vegetables.
7. Eat organic and raw.
It’s always the right choice when trying to lose weight naturally to eat only organic fruits and vegetables as much as possible. Organic produce is free of pesticides, preservatives, and free radicals. And raw foods retain all of their natural vitamins and minerals. By removing these dangerous chemicals from your body, weight loss can occur that much easier.
- Visit your local farmer’s market and support your local farmer. They might also have a larger variety of organic produce than the grocery stores.
Following through with your decision to lose weight can sometimes seem overwhelming. But if you approach it with a few natural tips and tricks under your belt, you’ll be that much closer to weight loss success!