Best Lat Machines in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1 Best Lat Machines in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1.1 Fitness Reality Lat Pull-down for 810XLT Super Max Power Cage
- 1.2 WEELOLOE Home Gym Body LAT Pull Down Machine Low Bar Cable Fitness Training Weight
- 1.3 antWalking Forearm Wrist Blaster Trainer, Arm Strength Roller Exerciser with LAT Pulldown and Lift Pulley System for Bicep Curls, Triceps Extensions Fitness and Workout Equipment
- 1.4 Pulley Cable Machine Men Women Professional Muscle Strength Fitness Equipment Forearm Wrist Roller Training for LAT Pulldowns, Biceps Curl, Triceps Extensions Workout Straight Curved
- 1.5 Fitness Reality X-Class Light Commercial Olympic LAT Pull Down & Low Row Cable Attachment
- 1.6 Indoor LAT Pulldown Low Row Cable Pull Down Machine Home Sports
- 1.7 Forearm Wrist Roller Trainer, Arm Strength Blaster Exerciser, Body Building Strength Training Fitness Equipment with Heavy Duty Pulley System for LAT Pulldowns, Bicep Curls, Triceps Extensions
- 1.8 Indoor Home LAT Pulldown Arm Machines Low Row Cable Pull Down Machine Sports
- 1.9 Best Choice Products 2-in-1 Low Row & Lat Pull Down Cable Exercise Machine w/Rubber Hand Grips, Foam Knee Guards
- 1.10 Indoor Sports Body LAT Pull Down Machine Home Gym Low Bar Cable Fitness Training Weigh
- 1.11 5 Great Lat Exercises to do with a Pull Down Machine
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Designed to enhance your fitness and healthy lifestyle. A Lat Machine is an excellent piece of at home strength training equipment or can be a nice replacement for that old lat machine in your commercial gym.
5 Great Lat Exercises to do with a Pull Down Machine
Wide Grip Lat Pull Down
The wide grip variation is an excellent choice if you’re looking to Increase the width of your spine and wish to improve strength. This variation will also assist you with your pull up strength, letting you work your lats with great form during the full range of motion.
As you perform the wide grip lat pull down, Think of squeezing and retracting your shoulder blades for optimum muscle activation. Avoid leaning too far back while doing this exercise. The momentum you benefit from leaning back takes away from the advantages this exercise offers.
Single Arm Lat Pull Down
If you have ever done a lat pull down, you have probably used both hands at once. This classic bilateral lat pull down maximizes the amount of weight you can lift and makes good use of your time should you will need to get in and out of the gym in a rush.
Yet it would be a mistake to dismiss the value of this single arm lat pull down. When it comes to setting the mind muscle link and maximizing the squeeze in the base of the elevator, nothing beats the single arm lat pull down.
If you have the time, try adding a couple of sets of single arm lat Pull downs toward the end of your workout, with a lighter weight and slowing down the tempo. With each rep, hold at the base for a few seconds before slowly releasing back up towards the top. You’ll take complete advantage of the strength and muscle building effects this variant offers.
V Bar Pull Down
In regards to lat pull down variations, do not underestimate the advantage of selecting a different attachment. The V bar pull down is an exceptional choice to improve the middle of your spine, while targeting your lats.
If you Select the V bar option, lean back slightly more than ordinary To allow for full range of movement as you bring the bar down to just in front of your torso.
As you return the weight to the starting position, move slowly. Make certain that your muscles reach a deep stretch on peak of the movement. You would like your shoulders to be totally extended, which thanks to the long array of movement will help yield maximum strength development.
Behind the Neck Lat Pull Down
1 pull down variation often overlooked is that the behind the neck lat pull down. Many believe this variant places too much stress and strain on the body. While this might be due to lack of shoulder flexibility for a few, many can comfortably integrate this motion pattern in their work out without pain, and can take complete advantage of the benefits it gives.
Most people who do behind the neck lat pull downs find they feel a stronger contraction using this assortment of motion, which makes it beneficial for building muscle mass. Having said that, proceed with caution: The chance of injury is greater with behind the neck lat pull downs. Begin with a lighter weight and greater reps.
To find out if the behind the neck lat pull down is Perfect for you, Try it out one day at the gym, paying close attention to how it feels. If the movement feels natural for you, odds are you can add it into your routine with no issue.
If you integrate behind the neck lat pull downs to your regular, Emphasize shoulder freedom by doing loads of shoulder and rotator cuff stretches too.
Reverse Close Grip Lat Pull Down
Finally, the last variant to include on your improved workout Regular is the inverse close grip lat pull down. This move is excellent for targeting your lower lats, and will also help activate your biceps by mimicking the activity of a chin up.
The closer you place your hands on the bar, the more activation You are going to receive on your center back, so keep this in mind while you perform the exercise. Make the Most of this variant for the strength building Benefits it offers. If you are a lover of pull ups and chin ups, You’re probably going to enjoy the inclusion of the inverse close grip lat pull down on your exercise lineup.
Content Contributor: PN
PN has been a fitness enthusiast for most of his adult life. After a lifelong struggle of food addiction, PN's mission is to share his success stories with the world. PN is a part time contributor and lives in the beautiful country of New Zealand. He lets his passion for fitness and writing merge into writing fitness and health related blogs
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-07-02.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.