Healthy4LifeOnline delivers the top 25 rated L-Ornithine on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated products….
L–ornithine is an amino acid that is primarily used in the urea cycle, which eliminates excess nitrogen from the body. It isn’t an essential amino acid in humans, meaning that it can be synthesized in the body. The primary use of L-ornithine in health supplements is to support athletic performance. It is also used to support liver functioning, healthy wound recovery, and stress management. Check out our Favorite Top Rated L-Ornithine supplements below.
The Best L-Ornithine Reviewed
- Ornithine is a non-essential amino acid that plays a central role in the urea cycle, functioning along with Arginine and Citrulline to rid the body of ammonia, a byproduct of protein metabolism.
- Ornithine can also be converted into other amino acids, such as citrulline, proline, and glutamate, as well as creatine, an important muscular energy source.
- Soy Free, Vegan, Nut Free, Non-GMO, Egg Free
- High Quality L-Ornithine
- 180 Easy To Swallow Capsules Per Bottle
- Made in the USA
- Combines 2 Essential Amino Acids: L-Arginine and L-Ornithine
- Popular With Athletes & Other Active Individuals
- Serving Size: 1 Capsule
- Made With the Highest Quality Ingredients
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, and Made in the USA
- STRUCTURAL SUPPORT: Amino acids are the building blocks for all body proteins-structural proteins that build muscle, connective tissues, bones and other structures, and functional proteins in the form of thousands of metabolically active enzymes.*
- OVERALL HEALTH: Supplemental dietary ornithine can serve as a precursor of arginine. Both ornithine and arginine can support normal tissue health, already normal blood sugar metabolism and proper hormone secretion.*
- VITAMINS/MINERALS/AMINO ACIDS: Dietary supplement formulated to provide valuable support in filling important nutrient gaps in adults.*
- Douglas Laboratories researches, develops and manufactures the right suite of rigorously designed, science-based, healthy aging supplements. With a 60-year heritage of innovating and designing nutritional products, we push the potential of active individuals to continually perform at their personal best. | *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Clean & Pure Powder. No Fillers.
- Factory Sealed Foil Zip Pouch.
- Lab Tested for Verification & Guaranteed Purity.
- NutraBio Labs, Inc.
- Health and Beauty
- Free Form Amino Acid
- Easier to Swallow and Assimilate
- No added flavorings, salt, artificial sweeteners, preservatives or salicylates.
- Take one capsule daily or as directed by a health care professional. For best results, take on an empty stomach before bedtime.
- Manufactured in the USA
- Allergy Research Group
- LOWER AMMONIA LEVELS IN BODY; HIGHEST DOSAGE PER CAPSULE ON AMAZON: Pure Science L-Ornithine is a vital compound in the urea cycle through its ability to lower ammonia levels. Pure Science boasts of the highest dosage of L-Ornithine per capsule at 700mg on Amazon for efficacy and potency to give you the benefits you need.
- REDUCES FATIGUE, PROMOTES ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE & MUSCLE GROWTH: Pure Science L-Ornithine powder reduces fatigue caused by high levels of ammonia in the blood and prolonged exercise. This contributes to a better exercise performance, especially for people who work out.
- PROMOTES BETTER RELAXATION & SLEEP QUALITY: L-Ornithine is a relaxing amino acid that helps you get better sleep quality. Excess ammonia induces a lot of stress. Due to its ability to inhibit the increase of ammonia in the gut, L-Ornithine gives you better relaxation and reduces the vicious cycle of fatigue, stress, and sleeplessness.
- GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES CERTIFIED: Produced by GMP certified facilities with the highest manufacturing and sourcing standards of Pure Science. 'Rooted in Science, Backed by Research' as its motto, Pure Science Supplements focuses on producing the best and safest products for our customers to achieve greater vitality in mind and body by using only the best raw materials obtained through rigorous research.
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: As we are confident of the efficacy of L-Ornithine, all purchases are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee should you be unsatisfied. Our products are potent for 2 years from manufacture date.
- L-Arginine and L-Ornithine are complementary amino acids that support healthy metabolic function
- B-6 aids in the absorption of amino acids
- Amino Acid Supplement with B-6
- Healthy protein metabolism
- 100% pure powder
- Vegetarian Product
- Free-form crystalline amino acid
- Is a key compound in the urea cycle, one of the body's main processes for eliminating ammonia
Top 10 health benefits of L-ornithine
L-ornithine is a non-essential amino acid that is present in the body and is widely known for its detoxification effect. Ornithine, like other body nutrients and substances, supports a lot of bodily function and helps in relieving many stressful conditions. The multiple ways in which it ensures good health are as follows:
1. Supports urea cycle in the liver
Ornithine, citrulline, and arginine are the three amino acids that play their essential roles in the urea cycle. These nutrients help in speeding up the ammonia removal pathway. There are some rare genetic diseases that disturb the urea cycle. The L-ornithine supplements facilitate the process in such patients.
2. Looks after skin repair process
The damaged skin heals slowly but ornithine supplement helps in quick skin repair and healing. A study supports the use of L-ornithine in a burn-injured patient. The supplement offered better clinical recovery.
3. Helps in relieving stress
Many studies are conducted on revealing the effect of L-ornithine on reducing the stress and improving sleeping patterns. The results for stress reduction were positive. It also showed that the nutrient reduces body cortisol hormone levels and improves insomnia as well.
4. Role in wound healing
An experiment was conducted on laboratory animals and they were given ornithine supplements. The results showed that it enhanced wound healing along collagen production. This study was published in “Journal of Surgical Research” in August 2002.
5. Manages fatigue
The non-essential amino acid ornithine is converted by the kidneys into arginine. Arginine is known for its healthy effect on nitric oxide-dependent dilation of the blood vessels and improved blood flow. All of this helps in reducing body fatigue, especially the one experienced after exercise.
6. Helps recover from alcohol hangover
The toxic substance ammonia is detoxified in the liver. The ornithine nutrient supports this role which is why it is thought that excessive intake of alcohol and its hangover effect can be reversed by ornithine supplementation.
7. Supports physical form
Arginine, the by-product of ornithine, once again rules the discussion when it comes to the effect of the amino acids on enhancing endurance and physical fitness. The ‘Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness’, talks about a study in which the participants were given ornithine and arginine supplements. This showed that the participants experienced increased strength and lean body mass in accelerated time frame while performing strength training programs.
8. Anxiety reliving effect
As this supplement can move through the blood-brain barrier, it is known that it helps in alleviating anxiety in the user.
9. Improves patients with hepatic encephalopathy
Hepatic encephalopathy is a reversible neurocognitive impairment caused by the accumulation of the nitrogenous substances. Ammonia builds up in the body and crosses the brain to inhibit its functioning. Adding ornithine to diet supports the detoxification process in the liver and reverses this condition.
10. Important precursors for body functions
Ornithine is a known precursor for glutamic acid and proline. Glutamic acid is known for its neurotransmitting effect while proline facilitates the breakdown of protein for cellular use.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-05-27