Best Iodine Supplements in 2022 – Top Products Rated
- 1 Best Iodine Supplements in 2022 – Top Products Rated
- 1.1 Pure Encapsulations Iodine | Supplement to Support The Thyroid and Maintain Healthy Cellular Metabolism* | 120 Capsules
- 1.2 Iodine Supplement Drops by MaryRuth's, Organic for Hormone and Weight Support, Promotes Optimal Thyroid Health, 1 Year Supply, 1 Fl Oz
- 1.3 Life Extension Sea-Iodine Capsules, 1000 mcg, 150 Veg Caps, Natural Iodine Supplement from Kelp and Bladderwack
- 1.4 Optimox Iodoral 12.5 mg - Original High Potency Lugol Solution Iodine Nutritional Supplement - Energy and Thyroid Support - 180 Tablets
- 1.5 J.Crow's Lugol's Iodine Solution, 2 oz, Twin Pack (2 Bottles)
- 1.6 10 Health Benefits of Iodine
- 1.7 Additional Products to View
Iodine controls the functioning of thyroid glands, which, in turn, has a significant influence on the metabolic processes in the body. It helps in the optimum utilization of calories, thereby preventing the storage of excess fat. Benefits include:
- Advantageous for Hair
- Elevates the Energy Levels
- Nourishes the Skin
- Assists with Immunity
- Promotes Apoptosis
- Best for Strong Nails
- Prevents Thyroid disorders
- Facilitates Oral Health
- Anti-carcinogenic Property
- Sustains Mental Abilities
- Cellular Metabolism Support: Iodine provides support for the thyroid gland and helps to maintain healthy cellular metabolism.*
- Thyroid Support: Iodine is absorbed by the thyroid gland and supports the formation of thyroid hormones.*
- Metabolic Function Support: In the cell, thyroid hormones promote metabolic function by enhancing mitochondrial activity and enzyme synthesis, especially in tissues and organs such as the liver and muscles.*
- Pure Quality: Our supplements are made with only premium ingredients sourced from trusted suppliers and guided by our nutritional experts, then carefully manufactured and tested to verify their potency and purity.
- Pure Difference: What makes us different isn't just our process or what goes into our supplements -- what we leave out matters, too. Pure Encapsulations products are FREE FROM wheat, eggs, tree nuts & peanuts, gluten, artificial colors, flavors & sweeteners, coatings and shellacs, GMOs, and unnecessary binders, fillers & preservatives.
- Liquid Iodine: The body doesn’t naturally produce iodine, so it is an essential part of any diet. At particular risk for iodine deficiency are those on a vegan or vegetarian diet, or those pregnant and nursing. It is crucial during pregnancy, when the body requires greater amounts of iodine to support the developing fetus.
- Multiple Benefits: Iodine deficiencies can lead to feeling fatigued and weak, dry and brittle hair, skin, and nails, and weight gain. Iodine is especially important for thyroid health, which regulates hormone production, which in turn plays an important role in metabolism, stimulating the immune system and moderating the central nervous system. Support your body with this essential micronutrient!
- Vegan Formula: 250 mcg Iodine (as Potassium Iodide). Other Ingredients: Organic Vegetable Glycerin and Purified Water. The suggested serving of our Iodine Liquid Drops contains more than the recommended daily value for adults, except for those lactating. An individual’s iodine needs are impacted by diet. Consult with a healthcare professional to determine if supplementing iodine intake is the right choice for you!
- Easy-to-Take Liquid Drops: No more hard-to-swallow pills or capsules! Shake well before use. Adults take 1-2 drops daily or as recommended by a physician or healthcare professional. Take by mouth or add to water or juice. This bottle will last you: a little goes a long way! Each bottle comes with 450 servings.
- Free of Common Allergens: Iodine Liquid Drops by MaryRuth's is Free of the 8 Major Allergens. Non-GMO, Vegan, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Gluten & Wheat Free, Soy Free, Corn Free, Nightshade Free. No Added Sugar, No Artificial Colors. Made in a GMP Facility.
- ✅ NEW SIZE: LifeExtension Sea Iodine 1000mcg in Vegetarian Capsules
- ✅ BIOAVAILABLE: Food-Grade Iodine from natural seaweed source for thyroid support
- ✅ ENHANCED Iodine supplement from Kelp and Bladderwack extracts and potassium iodide
- ✅ SMALL CAPSULES: Easy to swallow
- ✅ ADD to your cart because this supplement is NON GMO and VEGETARIAN
- Iodine supplement in amount comparable to average daily intake by mainland Japanese; thyroid support
- This iodine supplement with potassium iodide supports healthy thyroid function and energy levels
- Free of wheat and gluten, corn, soy, yeast, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish and peanuts.
- Many sensitive individuals who typically react to nutritional supplements tolerate Optimox products
- Established in 1978 by Guy Abraham, MD, Optimox brought clinical research to evidence-based nutritional formulas.
- Lowest heavy metals rating by the Natural News Forensic Food Lab. Equivalent to USP or Higher
10 Health Benefits of Iodine
Iodine is a vital component that is synthesized by the body and is required in minute amounts for proper functioning and for mental and physical development. Most of the iodine is stored in the thyroid gland that stimulates the secretions of thyroxine and triiodothyronine. However, except for this, iodine renders a lot of more health benefits, some of them are given below:
Advantageous for Hair
Along with certain minerals like iron or zinc, iodine works best for the hair growth. Various studies revealed that deficiency of iodine in the body results in severe hair loss. Being an antiseptic, it helps in preventing the scalp from getting infections and promotes the growth of lustrous and long hair.
Elevates the Energy Levels
Iodine tries to make sure that there is enough utilization of calories in the body. It helps in managing a healthy metabolic rate by promoting the breakdown of complex carbohydrates. It elevates the energy levels by helping in absorbing nutrients.
Nourishes the Skin
Iodine supplements help in fighting acne by controlling the hormones. It locks the moisture in the skin and prevents it from getting dry. Also, it promotes the healing process of cuts and scars.
Assists with Immunity
It activates and enhances the activity of antioxidants that help in protecting the body from all the life-threatening diseases. It further protects the body by hunting on free hydroxyl radicals.
Processes like apoptosis are associated with the proper functioning of thyroid gland. Thyroid gland requires iodine in order to secrete the thyroid hormones. It helps in causing the cell death of pathogens.
Best for Strong Nails
Iodine supplements help in increasing the strength of brittle and weak nails. It helps in protecting the nails from any kind of infection. It effectively maintains the health of nails and helps in keeping them hard.
Prevents Thyroid disorders
Iodine is a fundamental element required by the thyroid gland because it completely depends on iodine for its hormone’s secretions. Deficiency of iodine results in minimum levels of thyroid hormones that causes hypothyroid. Also, an excess of iodine causes hyperthyroid. Therefore, an optimum amount of iodine is required in the body.
Facilitates Oral Health
Iodine supplements assist in removing the dullness and preventing tooth decay by killing all the harmful bacteria present in the mouth. Iodine is a disinfectant that helps in keeping the mouth odor-free and healthy and helps in strengthening the teeth.
Iodine plays a significant role in preventing major kinds of cancer including, breast, gastric, thyroid, and prostate. It enhances the process of apoptosis and helps in shrinking all the dangerous cells in the body, hence, effective in preventing cancer.
Sustains Mental Abilities
Our perceiving and thinking process depends on several quantities of Iodine present in our body. Deficiency of it in the body results in various mental diseases such as Alzheimer’s. Therefore, it is important to check on the iodine levels. Research has revealed that Intake of iodine effectively helps in improving the mental skills.
Content Contributor: Mary G
Mary has a passion for learning about the human body, specializing in epigenetics. Blogging on multiple platforms, she loves to share the current research. More than research, she loves to be outdoors climbing, hiking and biking.
Fitness, health and supplements has been a life long passion for Mary, and she practices what she preaches by leading a healthy life lifting weights, kick boxing, eating healthy and maintaining a well balanced lifestyle. Mary is available for consultations and coaching, specializng in womens health issues.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2022-01-23.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.