Muscle Roller Stick
Check out the top 25 rated muscle roller stick on the market today. Our lists are refreshed every day!Click Here to See our Muscle Roller Stick
The Hand roller stick is the original, and still, the best handheld massage tool on the market by far. It is of ease to use coupled with instant results has made The Stick a highly sought after product worldwide. Since 1988 the award winning Stick has been used by Professional sports teams, Olympians and recreational athletes. The Stick is used in hundreds of hospitals and by many healthcare professionals to help their patients with any muscle issues. Virtually anyone can incorporate self-massage with The Stick for some trigger point therapy, muscle wellness and muscle recovery in their everyday routine.
There is no need to spend a lot of money on an extravagant massage chair when you have your muscle roller stick. These sticks have become a go-to for so many athletes due to their outstanding benefits such as increasing your blood circulation, improving your flexibility, and loosening your tight muscles before or even after a workout.
The Stick provides a myofascial release and trigger point therapy by segmentally elongating muscle bundles. Inactivation of trigger points requires about 30 seconds per each lesion. Because of its unique design qualities, The Stick can simultaneously release multiple injuries in minimal time with virtually no physical effort.
Doing a full body pre-workout warmup or post-workout cool down it requires at least 8 minutes. Although there are several models, each instrument can be used on any and all of your main muscle groups.
Tips for Use
Typical warm-up with the Roller Stick is usually about 20 progressively deeper passes over each muscle group about 30 seconds per area.
Pain is often experienced when the spindles locate a bump or tender knot in the muscle known as trigger points.
Muscles containing trigger points are often considered to be weak, stiff and sore. They’re frequently tight, quickly tire and often hurt.
Chronic trigger points need at least 20 additional passes over the affected area and may require attention to the area several times daily.
- Keep your muscles relaxed during the rollout
- Use on skin or through very light clothing
- The Stick is made to be waterproof and designed to bow without the fear of breaking.
- It is not necessary to forcefully hurt the muscle just to help the muscle.
- Use the Stick Roller before, during and after periods of activity.
- For pin-point rollout, slide hands onto spindles.
- The amount of pressure is always determined by the recipient.
The Stick rolls knots out of muscle, providing myofascial release & trigger point therapy.
This therapeutic procedure inactive trigger points [muscle knots/kinks], warms tissue, increases circulation and encourages nutrient-rich blood flow.
The Stick relieves your pain, increases your range of motion promotes your flexibility and accelerates your recovery.
Use the Stick Roller anytime for the many benefits of myofascial release and trigger point therapy as desired.
It’s not uncommon to experience muscle cramps after a workout since the muscles, tendons, and joints are usually exposed to potentially more strain than they are used to. Moreover, there is no need to worry as a simple device can help to relieve the pain in about 10 minutes, which is known as a muscle roller. The roller is made of hard-celled plastic and is commonly found to be cylindrical in shape. The mechanism of the Stick Roller is quite simple because all you need to do is place the roller between the floor and the body’s soft tissue, before starting the rolling motion. You can also use your body weight to position it and focus on a particular area till the relief sets in.
Rules to Remember
Before you start exercising with a Stick Roller, you have to keep these points in mind so as to ensure you get the maximum benefits from it:
• Rolling too quickly isn’t advised since it has adverse effects – the movements have to be focused and steady.
• Try to combine some movements like up-and-down, side-to-side and other directional changes so that you can work on the muscles from all angles.
• Keep your tissues hydrated and more flexible by drinking plenty of water before rolling out with the Stick Roller.
• Muscle rollers primary use is designed for providing pain relief quickly, but if you use it on a daily basis, it assists in injury prevention and muscle maintenance as well.
Results of using Muscle Rollers
• Your blood circulation improves immensely. The roller allows smooth flowing of blood through the skin, fascia, muscles, and also the tendons and ligaments. Due to better flow, your body gets more nutrients and flushes out toxins and wastes at a cellular level. Inter-cellular communication and cellular function are significantly improved.
• It elongates the small muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Muscles such as your hip flexors and your ligaments to resist stretching to an extent as they are prone to shortening. Applying a therapeutic pressure on these muscles with the help of trigger point therapy methods and regular massages are tough. A muscle roller can put the necessary pressure on these areas and can expand shortened tissues. Deep pressure massages help to improve physical imbalances that can often lead to injuries. The fascia accumulation in the muscles is being loosened, which prevents these zones from triggering injuries.
• The optimal spinal range of motion is encouraged thanks to the Stick Roller. All you need to do is slowly roll the spine of your body against the roller, and stop when you feel any restrictions. This can help the joints and tissues surrounding the area to stretch properly.
• A flexible body is one of the most important factors when it comes to fitness. When you start to establish a daily routine using muscle rollers, the flexibility of muscles increases. For instance, lengthening of hip flexors can sometimes prevent any tautness after sitting and relieve any lower back pain as well.
• Tension Release: Last but most certainly not the least, rollers can help release tension that may build up in your connective tissues, thus helping you de-stress. Sitting at a desk for a long time at work can cause tightness in some areas, so use the roller to massage them away.
Top Exercises for Pain Relief
Target these areas to experience a quick relief from any muscle pains:
• Lats – Position your body on the right side while keeping your right leg flat, the left foot flat on the floor and the knee bent at 90 degrees. Make sure the center of the roller is placed under the right arm pit at a perpendicular angle to your body. Stretch your right arm straight try to for as far as you can, while resting the left hand on the roller. Maintain this position, roll from the armpit about four inches down towards the waist, and work your way up. Continue for 30 to 60 seconds, and then transition to the opposite side.
• Calves – Stretch your legs out in front of you, place the Stick Roller perpendicular to the body, and rest the lower right calf at its center. Put your hands on the floor, use your triceps to lift your butt off of the floor, and place the left foot on top of the right calf. Start from the lower right calf and move up to the flesh portion. Go back and forth for 30 to 60 seconds, and then switch to the other leg.
• Shoulders and Pectorals– Position your body face down and keep your left forearm on the floor. One end of the foam roller should be under the right shoulder, while extending the arm straight as far as you can, to the height of the shoulder. You need to form a “T” shape with the roller. Roll from the shoulders to the right pec and go up. Repeat for at least 30 to 60 seconds before switching sides.
These exercises need not be done for pain relief only – they can be performed for overall health and fitness too. Make sure you consult a trainer for more tips on muscle roller exercise