Healthy4LifeOnline delivers the top 12 rated Exercise Balls on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Designed to be a highly effective way to enhance stability, improve your fitness, and enjoy a healthy lifestyle
An exercise ball, also known as a fitness ball, stability ball or Swiss ball, is a ball made of soft elastic with a diameter of approximately 35 to 85 centimeters (14 to 34 inches) and filled with air. A single valve stem is how you inflate and deflate the ball.
Exercise balls are showing up every where: as office ball chairs to work with or without a standing desk, as a therapy ball chair, as a birthing ball and obviously as an exercise ball used to enhance your workout. Others use it to relieve back pain, improve flexibility and stabilization within your core.
The Benefits of Exercise Balls
Exercise balls were designed by a Swiss doctor in the 1960’s to be used in physical therapy treatment.
Exercise balls are a very useful and effective way to build muscle, work on your endurance and strengthen your core while developing balance and flexibility.
A stability ball can provide a platform for your entire workout routine, or you can use if for specific exercises. You can increase the intensity of your workout on the ball and place increased stress on your core. The effort to remain balanced engages muscles not normally used in a stable environment. For example, move your body around on the ball so that it supports less of your body while doing crunches or pushups.
Top 12 Best Exercise Balls Reviewed
- EXTRA THICK AND ANTI-BURST: one of the highest density exercise balls in the market. 2000 micrometers in thickness and can resist up to 2200 lbs.
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND ANTI-SLIP: Made of eco-friendly, hypo-allergenic material, free of BPA & heavy metals.
- EASY TO INFLATE: Save time and energy with the quick inflation foot pump included in the package. Also comes with 2 more air stoppers
- VERSATILE USE: Not only great for pilates, yoga, back and abdominal training and pregnancy gymnastics or the hundreds of low impact exercises, but also can be used as office ball chair to improve your posture & relieve back pain. Available in 5 sizes (ranging from 45cm - 85cm) and multicolor for the perfect look and fit.
- 30-DAY NO HASSLE RETURNS & 12 MONTHS WARRANTY & LIFETIME CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Anti-Burst Tested Professional grade PVC material that is 100% BPA & Latex Free. Extensive testing and a unique anti-burst design provides for the highest quality exercise balls available on the market. Every exercise ball can withstand up to a 2cm cut with out explosively deflating.
- Versatile Live Infinitely fitness balls make for the perfect addition to your home exercise equipment to improve your core and overall strength. Perfect for pilates, yoga, crossfit or the hundreds of low impact exercises available.
- Strong and Durable With the ability to support over 2200 lbs it will be the strongest pilates, yoga, or balance ball you will ever own. Durable enough to be used every day as an exercise ball chair at the office to improve your posture.
- All Inclusive Purchase Every Live Infinitely balance ball comes with an included hand pump, extra air plug, and valve remover tool. Every purchase also includes access to our digital exercise guides and online training workouts to help you reach your goal of a healthier you!
- 1 Year Unlimited Warranty Every purchase is backed with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee 1 Year Full Coverage No Hassle Warranty! If your not thrilled, simply contact our reliable customer service team and know you will receive unmatched personal assistance.
- 🎁🎁 Holiday Deal is running... 🎁🎁 Quality Materials for a True Anti Burst Ball- Thick walls made from professional grade rubber that is free of BPA & heavy metals
- Supports 2200+ LBS so you never have to worry about using weights
- Slip-resistant & Easy Cleaning Surface - matte textured finish with horizontal lines to improve grip and avoid slipping
- Quick Foot Pump Included - a easy-to-use foot pump comes included for quickly and easily inflating the balance ball
- Versatile Use - One of the most versatile pieces of home gym equipment you can own. These exercise balls are great for yoga, pilates, or even work great to replace your office desk chair
- 100% SAFETY: made from environmental-friendly and non-toxic PVC to avoid allergy; anti-slide base & anti-skid texture to improve users' stability; wear-resistant ABS base plus 6 anti-skid feet and anti-burst technology guarantee safety during use
- RESISTANCE BANDS & AMPLE SPACE: two detachable 30 in. resistance bands with soft foam handle to build up your arm strength; 23 in. ball diameter provides ample standing space for better using experience and makes it fits a variety of sizes
- IMPROVE BODY AWARENESS: With this balance ball, you can complete hamstring curl, squat and reach, ball lunge, reverse extension, or balance push-up at home or anywhere you like, effectively building up balance, stability and pillar strength
- PORTABILITY: easy to deflate and inflate, lightweight, super easy to take it with you to the gym, park, or beach to enjoy workout; high quality air valve prevents air leakage and extends service life
- A COMPLETE COMBO, comes with a complimentary foot pump, ready to get fully inflated to 9.8" in up to 5 minutes
- Targets core muscles while trimming and toning key areas
- Also helps develop strength and coordination
- Teachers can incorporate balance challenges into cardiovascular, endurance and flexibility training curriculums
- Balance trainer can be used platform side up or down for different exercises
- Includes a workout DVD, Wall chart, and inflation pump
- GUARANTEED to be the Highest Quality Material on the Market Today. 100% Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- GYM GRADE FITNESS BALL - Professional quality PVC material, Anti-Burst 2000lbs design able to stand up to the most rigorous workouts
- INCLUDES QUICK DUAL ACTION INFLATION PUMP - Ball is delivered deflated and can be pumped up in minutes with minimal effort
- HOME OR OFFICE USE - This premium exercise swiss ball makes working out more effective. Use it for yoga, pilates, stretching and more!
- PERFECT FOR GIFTS - Comes in retail ready box, instructions , workout guide and 2 air stoppers
- - STURDY AND DURABLE: Push yourself to the limit with or extra-heavy duty exercise ball. It can handle as much as 2,000 pounds, making it perfect for tough workouts. With an anti-burst quality, your mind is at ease whenever you use this ball, as compared to other exercise stability balls.
- - VERSATILE AND MULTI-PURPOSE: Do you need an exercise tool for your home workouts? Or perhaps, you want to boost your balance and improve your core muscles for Pilates? No matter what kind of workout you have in mind, this core balance ball works perfectly well. It can even help improve your posture when you use it as a desk chair.
- - EASY TO USE: Getting started with this fitness stability ball is a breeze. It comes with an extra air plug, as well as an air pump, so inflating is fast and simple. You can also find the perfect size for you as our therapeutic exercise ball is available in diameters 65 cm to match your unique needs.
- - MULTIPLE WORKOUTS: Want to strengthen your abs? Do you think your legs need some firming up? Use this body exercise ball for different types of workouts such as chest presses, crunches, pikes, planks, and squats, to name a few. You can also use the core workout ball to improve your flexibility
- - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We love it when our customers are thrilled. That's why we've backed our men's and women's exercise ball with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Reach out to us in case of any issues and we'll do all we can to make you smile. Click 'Add to Cart' now for a stability ball designed to last for years!
- Balance ball trainer for strengthening and coordinating core muscles
- Strengthens, trims, and tones while improving balance and coordination
- Combines physical and mental focus; measures 50 cm in diameter
- Includes pump and exercise manual
- Proudly Made in the USA
- Total Body Balance Ball workout kit with medium (65 cm) exercise ball for an ideal low-impact core strengthening workout
- Exercise abs, back, glutes, lower and upper body with the included yoga ball and a 105-minute workout designed by fitness expert Tanja Djelevic
- Medium (65cm) balance ball is recommended for users between 5'6" and 5'11" tall. Use the stability ball as an exercise and fitness tool or as an alternative office desk chair solution for active sitting.
- Kit Includes: medium green exercise ball for yoga and Pilates, easy-inflate air pump, and workouts (Packaging may vary to include DVD or Digital Download)
- Note: It may be necessary to re-inflate your new Balance Ball once or twice after initial inflation to stretch the ball to its final size. Inflate ball with air, let stand for 24 hours, deflate 50% then fill again to 65cm height.
- Perfect for multiple workouts to increase balance, stability, core strength, and endurance in the comfort of your own home
- Versatile workout kit contributes to a full workout, including a pump and 2 removable resistance bands
- Yoga balance trainer is constructed of durable polyvinyl chloride and sturdy polypropylene plastic
- Take it with you to the gym, park, or a friend's house with its lightweight and easy-to-carry design
- Ball Dimensions: 23"(Dia) x 10"(H); Weight Capacity: 660 lbs.
- The RitFit balance ball trainer is one of the best investments to train mid-line strength and stability
- Can be used for or with: Sports conditioning (both aerobic & anaerobic) - stabilization, agility training - strength, stability & flexibility training
- Measurements are 58cm/22.8 inches in diameter and can be inflated to 12 inches in height
- Elastic resistance bands with handles that can be easily attached on/off each side of the balance ball which helps in your upper body workout
- Free foot pump included for easy filling to desired resistance level based on your requirements of fitness level
- Alternative desk chair created by leading health & fitness experts to improve back health and core strength and features the same yoga ball used in the exercise guide and rolling, lockable caster wheels
- Featuring the same yoga ball as the exercise guide, this chair helps to build a healthier core, align the spine, relieve back pain and stiffness, boost energy levels and increase productivity with an active body and a focused and engaged mind
- Designed for users 5' to 5'11" tall and fits most standard-height desks. For a taller chair, add 2 inches with Gaiam's compatible leg extenders, sold separately. 300-pound weight capacity.
- Color: Black. Includes: removable 52-centimeter exercise ball, an air pump, an adjustable metal support bar, 4 easy-glide casters (2 back wheels lockable) and a desktop exercise guide to stay active
- It may be necessary to re-inflate the ball after initial inflation, allowing the ball's material to stretch to its final size. Inflate ball with air, let stand for 24 hours, deflate 50% then fill again to 52cm height.
Benefits Of Using An Exercise Ball
One of the most versatile pieces of fitness equipment used today by conditioning professionals is the Stability Ball, also known as “Swiss balls”,”Physio Balls”, “Balance Balls”, etc. The Stability Ball plays a big part in fitness training and rehabilitation.
Because they are highly effective in developing balance and strengthening your core, athletic trainers, coaches, personal trainers and physical education teachers have begun to integrate them into their training programs. And the world of athletic and functional conditioning has caught on. They are used with very good results by athletes young and old, and the older population that wants to integrate functional, healthy training into their daily workouts.
In Europe, stability balls have been used in the classroom as chairs. studies have shown and have seen improved focus, concentration, handwriting skills, a better understanding of class material, and better organizational skills. There are several studies going on in the US using the Stability Ball in schools as chairs, and the preliminary data is consistent with that found in Europe.
The Stability Ball is likely one of the most versatile pieces of equipment. It’s fun, it’s easy to use and everyone from children to seniors can enjoy its benefits safely and effectively.
Another unique feature about the stability ball is that it employs the neuromuscular system in a way that no other piece of exercise equipment can. They incorporate the use of:
- Multiple muscle systems
- Neurologically induced muscular responses
- Normal and natural process of balance
- The body’s own natural processes
- Establishing, restoring and maintaining balance
Therapists with athletic backgrounds and professional trainers have incorporated the balance ball into their everyday training. They have seen the results with the surrounding stabilizer muscles of a particular muscle group developing and strengthening more rapidly.
Stability ball effectiveness in developing balance and core strength has put them at the forefront in the world of athletic and functional conditioning and balance training.
Strength and conditioning experts everywhere have designed a multitude of exercises covering the entire body with stability balls. The only limitation encountered when using this great conditioning tool is your imagination.
Selecting a stability exercise ball is simple. A stability ball properly sized will allow you to sit on it with your knees and hip at 90 degrees. Using different size balls will allow you more flexibility and variation with your stability ball training.
- The ball can be used at home, in group exercise and personal training settings.
- It can be adapted to all ages, all fitness levels and special populations.
- The ball is portable and light weight.
- It is easy to travel with and easy to store.
- The ball is an inexpensive exercise tool.
- The ball is maintenance free over a long life.
10 Reasons To Use A Stability Ball As Your Chair
1. Forces proper spine alignment. Because an exercise ball is not stable, your body needs to try to balance itself on it. The perfect spinal posture is coincidentally the easiest to balance with. Thus, your body will automatically try to align itself into the proper posture. This helps improve your spinal health, and decrease back pains.
2. Causes you to frequently change positions. An exercise ball causes to you to change your position often to balance. For example, if you turn 45 degrees to face the phone, your body will assume a new position. This helps reduce damage caused by prolonged sitting in the same position.
3. Fitness is at your fingertips. Another great thing about using this alternative to a chair, is that you can do stretches or mini-workouts whenever you want, without getting up. If you’ve ever stuck waiting for a minute or two, you can make productive use of that time with a quick workout or stretch. Because it’s much more convenient, you will probably do it more, thus resulting in better health
4. Improves your balance. This one is very understandable. Sitting on an unstable surface all day will improve your sense of balance, as well as the reactions of your muscles. The result? An overall better balance, that can be observed out of the office.
5. Get that 6-pack you’ve been wanting. Your body primarily uses your core (abdominal) muscles to help compensate for changes in balance. Thus, your essentially getting a low-key abdominal workout. This may not sound like a lot, but consider the amount of time you spend on your computer at the office, or at home. Those hours can build up, and result in a strengthening of ab muscles.
6. Improves your circulation. Using an exercise ball will keep the blood flowing to all parts of your body, throughout the day. A desk chair on the other hand, reduces circulation to some parts of the body after prolonged use.
7. You’ll feel more energetic. It has been proven that staying in one position, will make you more tired, while moving around and being active with give you more energy. With an exercise ball as a chair, you will feel much more energized after you finish your work.
8. Burn up to 300 calories per day. More movement during the day = more calories burned. Burning 300 calories per day = losing one pound of fat every 10 days. You may not burn quite 300, but nonetheless, it will help you stay fit.
9. Inexpensive. Specialized exercise balls designed for sitting usage can range from $15 to $80. Much cheaper than buying an ergonomic chair, which can range anywhere from $100 to $400 and up.
10. It’s fun! Who doesn’t like the idea of bouncing around on an exercise ball all day. Exercise balls are an exciting alternative to chairs, and may just give that spark of fun to your day.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-07-17