Best Dumbbells in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1 Best Dumbbells in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1.1 Sporzon! Rubber Encased Hex Dumbbell, Pair, Black
- 1.2 CAP Barbell Set of 2 Hex Rubber Dumbbell with Metal Handles, Pair of 2 Heavy Dumbbells Choose Weight (5lb, 8lb, 10lb, 15lb, 20 Lb, 25lb, 30lb, 35lb, 40lb, 50lb) (15lb x 2)
- 1.3 CAP Barbell Neoprene Coated Dumbbell Weights (Pair)
- 1.4 Balance From BF-D358 Dumbbell Set with Stand, 32 lb
- 1.5 ATIVAFIT Adjustable Dumbbell Fitness Dial Dumbbell with Handle and Weight Plate for Home Gym Set (2 x 32.5 kg / 71.5 lbs) -2 Packages
- 1.6 CAP Barbell Coated Hex Dumbbell with Contoured Chrome Handle, Single, 40 Pounds
- 1.7 CDCASA Adjustable Dumbbells, 44/66 Lbs Weight Set, Dumbbell Barbell 2 in 1, Solid and Configurable with Rubbery Protective Cover, Easy Assembly and Save Space, Home Gym Equipment for Men and Women
- 1.8 Balance From Go Fit All-Purpose Weights
- 1.9 AOCEOSK Neoprene Dumbbell Set Barbell Neoprene Coated Dumbbell Hand Weights Set - Neoprene Weight Pairs - Hex Hand Weights - Set of Two Neoprene Dumbbells 6/8/10/12/15 lb A Pair
- 1.10 CAP Barbell SDPP-030 Color Coated Hex Dumbbell, Black, 15 pound, Pair
- 1.11 The Benefits of Dumbells
- 1.12 Types Of Dumbbells
- 1.13 10 Best Dumbbell Exercises For A Full Body Workout
- 1.14 Additional Products to View
Designed to enhance your fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Dumbells Improve Muscle Strength
- There are Many Different Workout opportunities
- Dumbells Increase Definition and Tone In Your Muscles
- Dumbells are used in rehabilitation and therapy as well as everyday workouts
- Dumbbells are widely used in gyms and homes for various exercise purposes, a great tool for either full body workout, or specific muscle groups
- High quality solid cast dumbbell encased in rubber, dumbbells will last throughout the years while protect your floor
- Solid metal chrome finish contoured (ergo) handles designed to fit comfortably. Textured handle provides a tight and secure grip
- Hexagon shape rubber encased heads help prevent rolling and and provide easier storage
- Dumbbells come in pairs or singles at your choice
- High Quality Design: Weights stay tight and do not detach, rubber coating will not damage floor or other surfaces
- Materials: Solid cast iron, chrome plated handle & rubber coated weights
- Versatile: Designed for use with curls, lifts, squats, press, and more
- Safe: Flat hexagonal surfaces will prevent rolling and knurled handle prevents slipping
- Durable: No maintenance required, long lasting finish prevents rust
- No. Versatile: Dumbbells offer the ability to target specific muscle groups or get a full body workout
- Construction: Iron core made from ASTM A48 Grade 20 grey iron then precision dipped in 3 millimeter of neoprene for safety and comfort
- Features: Original Hex shaped heads prevent rolling. The medium diameter handle provides essential grip and security during use. Neoprene coating is durable and protective
- Functional: Perfect for training individual muscle groups or major muscle groups, HIIT workouts and walking
- Choices: This dumbbell group from CAP is available in sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 pounds; Sold as a pair
- 3 pairs of dumbbells in 3-pound, 5-pound, and 8-pound sizes. Ideal for resistance and other trainings
- The durable, neoprene material coated cast iron is great for indoor and outdoor workouts
- Neoprene coating on weights allow for a secure grip. The hex shape of the dumbbells prevents them from rolling
- Easy to assemble. Weight stand is included. A assembly tool is included for your convenience too
- All genuine everyday essentials products are covered by a 2-year warranty
- Adjustable Weight - Ativafit DialTech Dumbbell adjusts from 11 lbs to 71.5 lbs in 5.5 lbs increments
- Space Saving - All-in-One designCombines 17 sets of weights into one on the gratis plastic-tray
- Full Body Exercise - With Ativafit adjustable dumbbell you can exercise every area of your body like shrugs, lunges, curls and raises
- Quick Switch Weight - You can rapidly switch the weight you want in 3 seconds
- Attention: If you found there are some scratch on the handle bar, it is normal, the scratched off intentionally during manufacturing, to ensure a tight and strict match between the handle and plates for long term usage.
- VERSATILE – Dumbbells offer the ability to target specific muscle group or get a full body workout.
- CONSTRUCTION – Heads are made from ASTM A48 Class 20 grey iron joined together by a solid 1018 cold rolled steel chromed handle.
- FEATURES – Original Hex Shaped heads prevent rolling. The medium depth knurling on the ergo handle provides essential grip and security during use. Coating is extremely durable.
- FUNCTIONAL – Perfect for isolations, full body, functional and HIIT workouts.
- CHOICES – This dumbbell group from CAP is available in sizes from 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, and 15-120 lbs in 5 lb increments.
- DUMBBELL BARBELL IN ONE: This set of weights comes in 1.25kg(2.75lb), 1.5kg(3.3lb) and 2kg(4.4lb) sizes--four of each weight. It can be assembled into two single dumbbells or a barbell through connecting rods. Multi-functional strength training equipment offers a better training way than any other exercise machines.
- SOLID & EYE-CATCHING DESIGN: Our CDCASA dumbbell set is made of embossed /frosted weight plates with obvious weight markings, coated with black paint finish to prevent rust and corrosion. Yellow TPU protective cover on the dumbbell to provide essential grip and security during workouts, and that will protect floors and equipment from being scratched, scuffed, and dented.
- ADJUSTABLE WEIGHT: Dumbbell sets utilise a spinlock collar, easily adjust the weight by adding or removing weight plates to the bar. The screws that hold the weights on are secure which can ensure dumbbells will not loosen during use. Adjustment weights from 1lb to 44lb, even fitness beginners are very easy to use.
- SAVE MONEY & SPACE: Easy to use and do not require much space for storage, suitable for home gyms and fitness enthusiasts of all levels. With the additional Dumbbell Connector for selected weights, you can vary your workout routine even more while keeping your space clean and organized.
- HEALTHY AND FITNESS: Our weight helps train and strengthen your quads, glutes, buttocks, abs, biceps, triceps, legs and knees at home or gym. With the effective fat-burning fitness equipment, body shaping is quite simple and easy. Perfect birthday/ Christmas gifts for men and women. Our 24-hour professional after-sales team will solve any problems for you.
- Vinyl Dumbbell Set: 40 lbs
- What's included: 4x 2.5 lbs and 4x 7.5 lbs vinyl cement plates, 2x 14" dumbbell handles and 4 collar locks
- Comes in pair
- Happiness - All genuine Balance From products are covered by a 100% Balance From satisfaction support and 2-year Balance From support
- NEOPRENE COATING FOR BETTER GRIP: Sturdy Neoprene coating allows for easy grip and a non-slip texture so you don't have to worry about dumbbells slipping from your sweaty hands.
- HEX DESIGN: These dumbbell sets take up very little space and can be stacked anywhere without worrying about rolling, as a result of their hex shape. Interior is made of cast iron with a strong, matte finish.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL DUMBELLS: Neoprene dumbbells are ideal for powerwalks, group exercises, bodybuilding, strengthening muscles, alleviating stress, physical therapy and other general exercises.
- DUMBELL WEIGHT SET RANGE: Incremental weights between 2lb and 20lb allow you vary the intensity of your workouts. Exceptional for step aerobics.
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: 2 x Dumbbell
- Versatile – Dumbbells offer the ability to target specific muscle groups or attain a full body workout.
- Construction – Heads are made from ASTM A48 Class 20 grey iron joined together by a solid 1018 cold rolled steel chromed handle.
- Features – Original Hex Shaped heads prevent rolling. The medium depth knurling on the ergo handle provides essential grip and security during use. Coating is extremely durable and does not have an odor.
- Functional – Perfect for isolations, full body, functional and HIIT workouts.
- Choices – This dumbbell group from CAP is available in sizes from 5, 8, 10, 12, and 15-50 pounds in 5 pound increments.
The Benefits of Dumbells
Dumbbells are relatively inexpensive when it comes to exercise equipment, but they are truly the foundation of any good home gym. Incorporating dumbbell workouts into your routine is an easy and effective way to trim and tone your whole body, as well as build muscle strength and endurance.
Since they offer a more free range of motion than barbells or weight machines would, they are more versatile and allow you to work out multiple muscles groups at the same time. Depending on the type of dumbbells and the different weight resistances you have available, you can perform almost any workout routine without ever leaving home.There are a lot of different dumbbells out there. You will want to carefully learn the differences of each and choose one based on your own individual needs.
There are a lot of different quality dumbbells out there. You will want to carefully learn the differences of each and choose one based on your own individual needs.Whether you take these to your workout or make them part of your home exercise equipment, dumbells are an essential part of any workout.
Types Of Dumbbells
Dumbbells are either fixed-weight dumbbells or adjustable dumbbells. Fixed-weight dumbbells are the traditional style dumbbells that you would see in a commercial gym. They are available in numerous weight resistances ranging from 1 pound to over 100 pounds (sold individually or as a pair), and they are typically stored on a rack or simply on the floor depending on what you have. One major drawback of fixed-weight dumbbells, however, is that they can take up a lot of space depending on how many pairs you decide to purchase. Also, if you are planning on buying a lot of different weight resistances, the cost advantage may start to shift in favor of adjustable dumbbells.
Adjustable dumbbells allow you to add/remove weight plates from just one pair of dumbbells. So, if you don’t have a lot of space, adjustable dumbbells are the perfect way to get all the benefits of a dumbbell set without the clutter. Their compact size also makes them easy to transport if, for example, you sometimes like to take your dumbbells to the office. Traditional mid-weight sets can be between 5 – 20 or even 5 – 55 pounds (per dumbbell), but they can usually only be adjusted in 2.5- or 5-pound increments. For heavier lifting, you can find sets that offer weight resistances between 5 – 125 pounds (per dumbbell). Make sure you look at our best dumbbell sets below.
10 Best Dumbbell Exercises For A Full Body Workout
Dumbbell Bench Press
Bench press dumbbell exercises for chest. The Dumbbell Bench Press is one of the best dumbbell exercises for your chest. Although it does need you to have access to a flat bench, it is one of the greatest ways to target your pectoral muscles on your chest, your triceps, as well as your front deltoids on your shoulders.
If you have access to an incline or decline bench, you’ll be able to perform the Incline Bench Press and the Decline Bench Press. The incline, i.e. putting the bench in a 45-degree angle adjustment will help you target the upper area of your chest, while the decline, which is setting the bench at an angle downward, will help you target the lower levels of your chest muscles.
Alternating Biceps Curl
Alternating dumbbell biceps curl is another classic dumbbell exercise that belongs in this list of the best dumbbell exercises. Although there are a couple of variations of this basic exercise, the main benefit will remain to strengthen your biceps and your forearms.
You can perform this exercise by raising each dumbbell one at a time, or by facing your palms in toward each other throughout the movement for a Hammer curl variation; by limiting your movement to half-way up for a concentrated variety; or finally by using a preacher curl pad if you have access to one.
The Dumbbell shoulder press is one of my favorite exercises for working out the shoulders. I prefer the dumbbell shoulder press while seated with good back support, such as a vertical bench so I can focus on my shoulders. This exercise is performed by pushing the dumbbells two hands at the same time straight up in the air, or by alternating presses.
Your deltoid muscles (shoulders) will get the bulk of the work, but your triceps are certainly recruited to help with the push exercise, making this an excellent upper body exercise.
The Triceps Kickback exercise is an all time classic triceps training exercise. You can either put your knee on a flat bench, or I like to bend over and lean on a bench with my back flat and parallel with the floor. Be sure to keep your upper arm in alignment with your torso and completely still with your elbow up. Squeeze your triceps as you kick it back up and behind you.
One Arm Dumbbell Row
This is a very effective dumbbell exercise for working your back muscles. You can put your knee and hand on a flat bench to isolate your middle back and lat muscles. While your lats will do most of the work, the rear deltoids also will be recruited to raise and squeeze the dumbbell up and back.
Dumbbell Lateral Raises are the most effective way to target those side (middle) deltoids. You can perform this exercise while standing or sitting. Sitting will keep you very strict, and the weight should be adjusted downward to allow for strict form. Bend your elbows slightly and keep them parallel with your forearms, and keep the range of motion to as high as your ear.
The Lying dumbbell fly exercise is a great way to target your chest and will require the use of a flat bench for proper execution.
To perform, the dumbbell fly, lie on a flat bench holding the dumbbells straight up over your chest. Then allow the dumbbells to spread out wide in a semi circle motion until you feel a slight stretch at the bottom, then return to the top. The dumbbell fly can also be performed as an incline or decline fly as well by adjusting the angle of the bench.
The Upright Row exercise is the last of the shoulder exercises to be included on my list and will work the trapezius and the uppper back as well.
To perform this exercise, you must stand and hold 2 dumbbells in front of you, and let them hang freely. Now in one fluid motion, raise them both simultaneously to your chin. Be sure to keep the dumbbells close to your body line and squeeze your traps on the way up and feel the negative on the way down.
Stationary Dumbbell Lunges
Stationary dumbbell lunges are an excellent strengthening exercise for the quads. To perform this exercise, hold a dumbbell in each hand and take a big step back until the knee comes close to touching the floor. Squeeze through the quadriceps of the front leg and glute to push yourself straight back to your starting position.
The last task on the list is one that targets your calf muscles
The Toe Raise is one of the best ways to strengthen your calves which are muscles that are recruited during normal daily activities and while playing a variety of sports where running or jumping is involved. To perform, stand holding a pair of dumbbells by your side and elevate your heels to get as high on your toes as you can, hold for a second or two, then return to the start position.
Content Contributor: Mary G
Mary has a passion for learning about the human body, specializing in epigenetics. Blogging on multiple platforms, she loves to share the current research. More than research, she loves to be outdoors climbing, hiking and biking.
Fitness, health and supplements has been a life long passion for Mary, and she practices what she preaches by leading a healthy life lifting weights, kick boxing, eating healthy and maintaining a well balanced lifestyle. Mary is available for consultations and coaching, specializng in womens health issues.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-12-04.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.