Best Dumbbells in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1 Best Dumbbells in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1.1 TELK Adjustable Dumbbells (Total 65 LBS Pair) with Gloss Finish and Secure Collars, 65 with Connector, 105 to 200 lbs
- 1.2 Vermo Adjustable Dumbbell Set Fitness Dial Dumbbell Home Fitness Products Dumbbell Men Gym Equipment Adjustable Dumbbell Pair for Man and Woman with Stand
- 1.3 Power Systems Rubber Octagonal Dumbbell, 85 Pounds, Black/Silver (61585)
- 1.4 AmazonBasics Rubber Encased Hex Dumbbell Weight - 14 x 6.3 x 5.5 Inches, 40 Pounds
- 1.5 Universal Dumbbells Hand Weights for Women Anti-Slip Neoprene Dumbbells Exercise Arm Muscle Slimming Arm Weight Loss Equipment Home Fitness Home Weights (Color : Pink, Size : 2x1kg)
- 1.6 AmazonBasics 12 Pound Neoprene Dumbbells Weights - Set of 2, Black
- 1.7 Fitness First 2-Tier 10 Pair Dumbbell Rack
- 1.8 Fitness First Urethane Encased Dumbbells 5-150 lbs. (Pairs)
- 1.9 CreazyBee Barbell Set of 2 Hex Rubber Dumbbell with Metal Handles Pair of 2 Heavy Dumbbells, Heavy Dumbbells Choose Weight (5lb,10lb, 20lb, 30lb, 50lb) (2 Hexagonal Cast Iron Dumbbells 20lbs)
- 1.10 Letdown(TM) Rubber Dumbbell Set 5-50 lbs, Barbell Set Hex Rubber Dumbbell with Metal Handles Heavy Dumbbell for Muscle Training (5)
- 1.11 The Benefits of Dumbells
- 1.12 Types Of Dumbbells
- 1.13 10 Best Dumbbell Exercises For A Full Body Workout
- 1.14 Additional Products to View
Designed to enhance your fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Dumbells Improve Muscle Strength
- There are Many Different Workout opportunities
- Dumbells Increase Definition and Tone In Your Muscles
- Dumbells are used in rehabilitation and therapy as well as everyday workouts
TELK Adjustable Dumbbells (Total 65 LBS Pair) with Gloss Finish and Secure Collars, 65 with Connector, 105 to 200 lbs
- ADJUSTABLE SET OF 2 DUMBBELLS - Single dumbbell (32.5 LBS) X 2= 65 LBS -You Will Get A Set (2) 32.5 LBS Dumbbells. 5 lbs to 32.5 lbs in 2.5-lbs increments. Includes TWO 15.75”x1.15” handles, EIGHT 5-lb plates, FOUR 2.5-lb plates, FOUR 1.25-lbs Plates, FOUR Collars, and ONE 10” Chrome-Finished Section of Barbell Rod
- 100% CAST IRON WEIGHT PLATES - fit any standard bar. Baked enamel finish is rust-free and corrosion proof for a lifetime use of fitness and muscle building
- INCLUDES 10” CHROME BARBELL ROD & TWO 15.75-INCH TEXTURED CHROME HANDLES - coated in high-quality chrome for a secure, non-slip grip
- STAR-LOCK COLLARS WITH THREADED ENDS - Simple to swap plates while ensuring a safe, secure workout
- EASY STORAGE - Compact, all-in-one dumbbells eliminate the need for multiple dumbbells in your gym, garage, or workout space. Takes seconds to assemble so you can focus on strength exercises, toning muscle, and losing weight.
Vermo Adjustable Dumbbell Set Fitness Dial Dumbbell Home Fitness Products Dumbbell Men Gym Equipment Adjustable Dumbbell Pair for Man and Woman with Stand
- 【Adjustable Weight】: Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds. Adjustable Dumbbells let you change weights in 2.5 lb increments up to 25 lb.
- 【15 in 1 Dumbbell Set】: Replace a full dumbbell rack and get the most value out of your space. Our dumbbell gives you an entire 10-piece set in a single dumbbell
- 【All-in-One Design】: Enjoy the compact design of your Adjustable Dumbbell set, maximizing your storage capabilities.
- 【Multiple Utilization】: All-for-One set can be performed for every area of your body with countless workout options like shrugs, lunges, curls and raises.
- 【Worry Free Guarantee】: You are welcome to No-Questions-Asked-Guarantee for a replacement or refund. We are only putting out high quality products that satisfy your needs.
Power Systems Rubber Octagonal Dumbbell, 85 Pounds, Black/Silver (61585)
- Raised numbers make each dumbbell easy to identify by weight
- Octagonal head design prevents the dumbbell from rolling away so they stay within easy reach
- Solid steel knurled ergonomic handle with zinc coating for improved grip, comfort and durability
- Sold individually
- Ideal in frequent-use
AmazonBasics Rubber Encased Hex Dumbbell Weight - 14 x 6.3 x 5.5 Inches, 40 Pounds
- Dumbbell for resistance training—great for arms, chest, back, core, and legs
- Solid cast-iron core for reliable strength; will not bend or break after repeated use
- Hexagon-shaped rubber-encased ends help prevent rolling and promote stay-in-place storage
- Contoured, textured, chrome handle for a comfortable, secure grip
- Sold individually; weighs 40 pounds; backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
Universal Dumbbells Hand Weights for Women Anti-Slip Neoprene Dumbbells Exercise Arm Muscle Slimming Arm Weight Loss Equipment Home Fitness Home Weights (Color : Pink, Size : 2x1kg)
- These dumbbells are perfect to perform a range of exercises including hammer and bicep curls and triceps extensions to work on your upper arms and lateral, side and rear raises with shoulder presses to build stronger shoulders.
- Solid cast iron: environmentally friendly materials have no odor, good feel is better.
- Dumbbells are stylish and durable: built-in anti-rust iron core, environmental protection and anti-oxidation plastic coating.
- Foam is environmentally friendly and comfortable: high-density frosted environmentally-friendly foam is used on the surface of dumbbells.
- Smart design is stylish and beautiful: the overall line is smooth and round according to ergonomics, suitable for all types of hands.
AmazonBasics 12 Pound Neoprene Dumbbells Weights - Set of 2, Black
- Set of 2 dumbbells for resistance training; each dumbbell weighs 12 pounds
- Easy-grip neoprene coating for a secure hold
- Printed weight number on each end cap and color-coded for quick identification
- Hexagonal shape prevents dumbbells from rolling away
- Ideal for fitness classes or at-home workout routines; backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
Fitness First 2-Tier 10 Pair Dumbbell Rack
- 2-Tier 10 pair rack
- Holds light to heavy dumbbells
- Black solid steel design
- Dummbells sold separately
Fitness First Urethane Encased Dumbbells 5-150 lbs. (Pairs)
- Perfect for arms chest back and leg training
- Solid construction designed for noise reduction
- Textured chrome handle for secure grip
- Easily store-able
CreazyBee Barbell Set of 2 Hex Rubber Dumbbell with Metal Handles Pair of 2 Heavy Dumbbells, Heavy Dumbbells Choose Weight (5lb,10lb, 20lb, 30lb, 50lb) (2 Hexagonal Cast Iron Dumbbells 20lbs)
- It is a new product with absolutely no damage. So many uses: With our small single weight, you can incorporate it into any fitness or strength training routine. Whether repairing a torn rotator, targeting stabilizing muscles, or just wanting to look great in your jeans, this training weight is a must.
- So many places: Free weights are essential to staying fit because you can utilize them wherever, whenever. With this exercise weight, you don’t need a fancy gym or professional fitness equipment. Use it in your home, outdoors, in a studio, or in a hotel.
- So little time: These days it’s difficult to find time to join a class or gym. With this home workout equipment, you’ll save a significant amount of time, while still getting the results you crave. The Day 1 Fitness hand held weight means no more excuses!
- So easy to use : What’s great about free arm weights is that, even if you are a beginner or new to the fit lifestyle, it’s simple to perform exercises that are very effective and easy to learn, requiring just a hand weight and some motivation.
- So durable: Built with welded metal handles and thick, hexagonal-shaped rubber, its design helps alleviate injuries, dents in floors, and prevents the dumb bell from rolling away. High-quality ingenuity means our weight will last you throughout the years.
Letdown(TM) Rubber Dumbbell Set 5-50 lbs, Barbell Set Hex Rubber Dumbbell with Metal Handles Heavy Dumbbell for Muscle Training (5)
- [Training at Home] These days, it's hard to find time to go to class or physical education. With this home fitness equipment, you will save a lot of time while still getting the results you want. No more excuses for the first day of fitness hand-held weights!
- [Multipurpose] Our single weight is small and you can incorporate it into any fitness or strength training program. Whether it's repairing torn shoulder muscles, stabilizing muscles, or just looking good in jeans, this training weight is a must.
- [Suitable for many occasions] Free weights are essential to staying healthy, because you can use them anytime, anywhere. With such an exercise weight, you don't need a fancy gym or professional fitness equipment. Use it at home, outdoors, studio or hotel.
- [Super easy to use] The biggest advantage of free weight lifting is that even if you are a beginner or a fitness beginner, it is easy to perform very effective and easy to learn exercises, which only needs weight lifting and some motivation.
- [Super Durable] Built-in welded metal handle and thick hexagonal rubber, its design helps reduce injuries, floor dents and prevent dumbbells from shaking. High quality craftsmanship means that our weight will last for many years.
The Benefits of Dumbells
Dumbbells are relatively inexpensive when it comes to exercise equipment, but they are truly the foundation of any good home gym. Incorporating dumbbell workouts into your routine is an easy and effective way to trim and tone your whole body, as well as build muscle strength and endurance.
Since they offer a more free range of motion than barbells or weight machines would, they are more versatile and allow you to work out multiple muscles groups at the same time. Depending on the type of dumbbells and the different weight resistances you have available, you can perform almost any workout routine without ever leaving home.There are a lot of different dumbbells out there. You will want to carefully learn the differences of each and choose one based on your own individual needs.
There are a lot of different quality dumbbells out there. You will want to carefully learn the differences of each and choose one based on your own individual needs.Whether you take these to your workout or make them part of your home exercise equipment, dumbells are an essential part of any workout.
Types Of Dumbbells
Dumbbells are either fixed-weight dumbbells or adjustable dumbbells. Fixed-weight dumbbells are the traditional style dumbbells that you would see in a commercial gym. They are available in numerous weight resistances ranging from 1 pound to over 100 pounds (sold individually or as a pair), and they are typically stored on a rack or simply on the floor depending on what you have. One major drawback of fixed-weight dumbbells, however, is that they can take up a lot of space depending on how many pairs you decide to purchase. Also, if you are planning on buying a lot of different weight resistances, the cost advantage may start to shift in favor of adjustable dumbbells.
Adjustable dumbbells allow you to add/remove weight plates from just one pair of dumbbells. So, if you don’t have a lot of space, adjustable dumbbells are the perfect way to get all the benefits of a dumbbell set without the clutter. Their compact size also makes them easy to transport if, for example, you sometimes like to take your dumbbells to the office. Traditional mid-weight sets can be between 5 – 20 or even 5 – 55 pounds (per dumbbell), but they can usually only be adjusted in 2.5- or 5-pound increments. For heavier lifting, you can find sets that offer weight resistances between 5 – 125 pounds (per dumbbell). Make sure you look at our best dumbbell sets below.
10 Best Dumbbell Exercises For A Full Body Workout
Dumbbell Bench Press
Bench press dumbbell exercises for chest. The Dumbbell Bench Press is one of the best dumbbell exercises for your chest. Although it does need you to have access to a flat bench, it is one of the greatest ways to target your pectoral muscles on your chest, your triceps, as well as your front deltoids on your shoulders.
If you have access to an incline or decline bench, you’ll be able to perform the Incline Bench Press and the Decline Bench Press. The incline, i.e. putting the bench in a 45-degree angle adjustment will help you target the upper area of your chest, while the decline, which is setting the bench at an angle downward, will help you target the lower levels of your chest muscles.
Alternating Biceps Curl
Alternating dumbbell biceps curl is another classic dumbbell exercise that belongs in this list of the best dumbbell exercises. Although there are a couple of variations of this basic exercise, the main benefit will remain to strengthen your biceps and your forearms.
You can perform this exercise by raising each dumbbell one at a time, or by facing your palms in toward each other throughout the movement for a Hammer curl variation; by limiting your movement to half-way up for a concentrated variety; or finally by using a preacher curl pad if you have access to one.
The Dumbbell shoulder press is one of my favorite exercises for working out the shoulders. I prefer the dumbbell shoulder press while seated with good back support, such as a vertical bench so I can focus on my shoulders. This exercise is performed by pushing the dumbbells two hands at the same time straight up in the air, or by alternating presses.
Your deltoid muscles (shoulders) will get the bulk of the work, but your triceps are certainly recruited to help with the push exercise, making this an excellent upper body exercise.
The Triceps Kickback exercise is an all time classic triceps training exercise. You can either put your knee on a flat bench, or I like to bend over and lean on a bench with my back flat and parallel with the floor. Be sure to keep your upper arm in alignment with your torso and completely still with your elbow up. Squeeze your triceps as you kick it back up and behind you.
One Arm Dumbbell Row
This is a very effective dumbbell exercise for working your back muscles. You can put your knee and hand on a flat bench to isolate your middle back and lat muscles. While your lats will do most of the work, the rear deltoids also will be recruited to raise and squeeze the dumbbell up and back.
Dumbbell Lateral Raises are the most effective way to target those side (middle) deltoids. You can perform this exercise while standing or sitting. Sitting will keep you very strict, and the weight should be adjusted downward to allow for strict form. Bend your elbows slightly and keep them parallel with your forearms, and keep the range of motion to as high as your ear.
The Lying dumbbell fly exercise is a great way to target your chest and will require the use of a flat bench for proper execution.
To perform, the dumbbell fly, lie on a flat bench holding the dumbbells straight up over your chest. Then allow the dumbbells to spread out wide in a semi circle motion until you feel a slight stretch at the bottom, then return to the top. The dumbbell fly can also be performed as an incline or decline fly as well by adjusting the angle of the bench.
The Upright Row exercise is the last of the shoulder exercises to be included on my list and will work the trapezius and the uppper back as well.
To perform this exercise, you must stand and hold 2 dumbbells in front of you, and let them hang freely. Now in one fluid motion, raise them both simultaneously to your chin. Be sure to keep the dumbbells close to your body line and squeeze your traps on the way up and feel the negative on the way down.
Stationary Dumbbell Lunges
Stationary dumbbell lunges are an excellent strengthening exercise for the quads. To perform this exercise, hold a dumbbell in each hand and take a big step back until the knee comes close to touching the floor. Squeeze through the quadriceps of the front leg and glute to push yourself straight back to your starting position.
The last task on the list is one that targets your calf muscles
The Toe Raise is one of the best ways to strengthen your calves which are muscles that are recruited during normal daily activities and while playing a variety of sports where running or jumping is involved. To perform, stand holding a pair of dumbbells by your side and elevate your heels to get as high on your toes as you can, hold for a second or two, then return to the start position.
Content Contributor: Mary G
Mary has a passion for learning about the human body, specializing in epigenetics. Blogging on multiple platforms, she loves to share the current research. More than research, she loves to be outdoors climbing, hiking and biking.
Fitness, health and supplements has been a life long passion for Mary, and she practices what she preaches by leading a healthy life lifting weights, kick boxing, eating healthy and maintaining a well balanced lifestyle. Mary is available for consultations and coaching, specializng in womens health issues.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-04-06.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.