The human body consists of thousands of cells which are designed to form tissues, organs and organ systems. All these things are held together and work properly with the help of nutrients, hormones and other body chemicals. Collagen is one of the essential parts of the human body.
What is Collagen and how does it support the human body?
The body consists of proteins and collagen is one of the basic structural proteins that keep the whole human body together. It is the cement that supports the body and allows it to function well. It is responsible for the elasticity and regeneration of the connective tissues. The connective tissue is present in skin, cartilage, bone, and tendon which means collagen ensure the health and safety of all these parts.
How many types of Vcollagen are there?
There are above 28 types of collagen in the body and each type ensures the vitality of different tissues and organs. Around 80 to 90% of the collagens are the type I, II, and III. As these sum up to form the most abundant proteins of the body, let’s find out where they are found.
Type I collagen is present in nails, skin, hair, bone, ligaments, and organs.
Type II is found in cartilage
Type III collagen is seen in bones, dentin, tendon and other connective tissues
Health benefits of collagen:
The functions of the collagen obtained from natural diet or supplements are as follows:
⦁ The collagen supplement offers quick wound healing as collagen promotes all the four phases of wound healing. It can also reduce the chances of wound deterioration in cases like post-amputation surgeries.
⦁ It acts as an anti-aging supplement that helps keep the skin smooth, free of wrinkles/ stretch marks. It boosts the growth of hair and nails.
⦁ Studies have found that collagen can help in reducing pain and inflammation in degenerating joint diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
⦁ Proline, a part of the collagen helps in controlling the blood pressure, removing the fat in the arteries and keeping the heart safe from coronary artery diseases. It is also used in tissue regeneration within the body.
- RADIANT AND YOUTHFUL APPEARANCE: This collagen powder for women and men provides the protein and amino acids to support healthy nails, and also helps your skin look more radiant and youthful. Give yourself support from the inside out
- JOINT SUPPORT: Amino acids support joint health and improve your body’s response to strenuous exercise, making this collagen powder a great post-workout supplement and joint support supplement
- EASY TO USE: Use one scoop of our drink mix daily as a smoothie powder or as a completely soluble protein creamer for coffee. Our collagen peptides dietary supplements also dissolve in water and are just 40 calories per serving
- MORE COLLAGEN PER SCOOP: Our collagen peptides powder contains 11 grams of low molecular weight type 3 and 1 hydrolyzed collagen peptides with 18 amino acids, including glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline. Each serving contains 10 grams of protein
- BEST INGREDIENTS: We hold our supplements to a higher standard. Our protein powder supplement is Certified Paleo Friendly, Keto Certified, 3rd party quality tested, and non-GMO with no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or hidden fillers
- Pure Hydrolysate - no added flavors or colors. Tasteless and high in protein content.
- From pasture-raised, grass fed cattle from USA who are free of hormones, steroids and antibiotics.
- Great for coffee, smoothies, sauces and more! Paleo and Keto friendly!
- 12g of Protein Per Serving, Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Product of USA, Our Peptides contains: Type I and III Collagens
- COLLAGEN PILLS: One 270 count bottle of NeoCell Super Collagen Tablets With Vitamin C and Biotin, a supplement that supports skin, hair, nails and joint health to promote your beauty within (1)
- HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN: Each serving contains 3 grams of types 1 and 3 grass-fed collagen peptides to support your skin health and provide skin the building blocks it needs for collagen formation (1)
- BIOTIN AND VITAMIN C TABLETS: Collagen supplement with biotin to help support healthy hair and nails, plus essential vitamin C for antioxidant support and to promote healthy collagen formation (1)
- ALLERGY-FRIENDLY: IGEN Non-GMO tested (2), this supplement is keto certified and gluten-free with no soy, wheat, lactose or artificial flavors, for a skin care and joint supplement for almost everyone
- HOW TO TAKE: Taking these NeoCell collagen supplements is easy—simply take three tablets daily to boost your beauty from the inside out and support skin, hair, nails and joint health (1)
What causes collagen deficiency?
With the advancing age, the collagen protein in the body tends to decrease. This is why you witness skin changes like wrinkles, sagging skin, and joint pains. Other than the age factor, there are many genetic disease and digestive issues that inhibit the production of collagen in the body. Lifestyle changes like smoking, excessive sun exposure and high intake of sugar also lead to collagen depletion.
Foods from which you can get collagen:
There are many food items that deliver the fibrous protein our body needs. Adding them to our diet can help overcome the collagen deficiency. Food items like fish, vegetables (red, green and orange), soy, berries, white tea, garlic, citrus fruits, eggs, and oysters are rich sources of nutrients that help in regenerating the collagen fibers. These food items help strengthen the collagen in our body.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-11-26.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.