The human body consists of thousands of cells which are designed to form tissues, organs and organ systems. All these things are held together and work properly with the help of nutrients, hormones and other body chemicals. Collagen is one of the essential parts of the human body.
What is Collagen and how does it support the human body?
The body consists of proteins and collagen is one of the basic structural proteins that keep the whole human body together. It is the cement that supports the body and allows it to function well. It is responsible for the elasticity and regeneration of the connective tissues. The connective tissue is present in skin, cartilage, bone, and tendon which means collagen ensure the health and safety of all these parts.
How many types of Vcollagen are there?
There are above 28 types of collagen in the body and each type ensures the vitality of different tissues and organs. Around 80 to 90% of the collagens are the type I, II, and III. As these sum up to form the most abundant proteins of the body, let’s find out where they are found.
Type I collagen is present in nails, skin, hair, bone, ligaments, and organs.
Type II is found in cartilage
Type III collagen is seen in bones, dentin, tendon and other connective tissues
Health benefits of collagen:
The functions of the collagen obtained from natural diet or supplements are as follows:
⦁ The collagen supplement offers quick wound healing as collagen promotes all the four phases of wound healing. It can also reduce the chances of wound deterioration in cases like post-amputation surgeries.
⦁ It acts as an anti-aging supplement that helps keep the skin smooth, free of wrinkles/ stretch marks. It boosts the growth of hair and nails.
⦁ Studies have found that collagen can help in reducing pain and inflammation in degenerating joint diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
⦁ Proline, a part of the collagen helps in controlling the blood pressure, removing the fat in the arteries and keeping the heart safe from coronary artery diseases. It is also used in tissue regeneration within the body.
- Collagen Peptides with Vitamin C: Collagen diminishes with age. Youtheory Collagen Advanced with Vitamin C helps replenish this vital protein to fight the effects of aging by revitalizing skin, hair, nails, tendons and ligaments.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein: Collagen is the single most abundant protein in the human body. It’s literally the ‘glue’ that binds us together. Our hydrolyzed formula is highly bioavailable which means it is easily and rapidly absorbed in the body.
- Beauty Begins Within: Feel your best at every stage of life. Support your wellness journey with high-quality Youtheory supplements for healthy sleep, weight, energy, skin and mood.
- Revitalize, Replenish and Nourish: We believe that health and beauty start inside with the best wellness supplements and products.
- The Right Choice: Dairy free, Soy free, and contains No Gluten Ingredients. This product is third-party tested and manufactured in the USA.
- Bioavailable Collagen Peptides Powder: Sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine. Digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits.
- Powerhouse Ingredients: Original Collagen Peptides plus Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C helps improve the health of your hair, skin, nails, joints, bones, ligaments and tendons**^.
- Easy To Use: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is easily digested and dissolves in cold or hot liquids, like coffee, tea and smoothies. One to two scoops a day is all you need!
- Made With You In Mind: Certified Paleo Friendly & Whole30(r) Approved. No added sugars or sweeteners. Flavorless and odorless. Made without gluten & dairy.
- 20g Collagen Peptides per Serving: We include a scoop for measurement, two scoops (one serving) contain 20g of collagen peptides. Our product quantity is based on weight, not canister size.
- LOOK RADIANT & YOUTHFUL: Type 1 & 3 Collagen peptides provide the proteins & amino acids necessary to support healthy bones, skin & nails as well as improving joint function and your body’s response to strenuous exercise. Help realize your inner beauty from within - with just one scoop per day. Looking for more hair, skin & nail support? Check out our Collagen Beauty products.
- MORE COLLAGEN PER SCOOP: Our collagen peptide powder contains nothing but single ingredient collagen peptides sourced from cattle. Get more collagen per scoop - each scoop of our collagen protein powder contains 11 grams of low molecular weight type 3 & 1 collagen peptides with 18 amino acids including glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline. Our powdered collagen has 10 grams of protein per serving in only 40 calories.
- EASY TO USE: Meet your new morning ritual! Dissolving conveniently and easily in hot or cold water, Sports Research Collagen Peptides tastes great and dissolves completely in coffee, tea, smoothies, soups, and more. Our hydrolyzed formula is an easy way to supplement collagen type 1 and collagen type 3 into your daily ritual. Collagen peptides powder for women and men provides support for healthy joints, bones, skin & nails.
- PACKAGED IN THE USA: Our Collagen Peptides Powder is 3rd party quality tested Non-GMO, Paleo friendly, and Keto certified right here in the USA. Our powder collagen supplies you with forty one (41) servings per container and is packaged with our premium, vented safety seal to keep your product safe during shipping.
- THE SPORTS RESEARCH DIFFERENCE: Created in 1980, Sports Research is a privately-owned business born from a passion for fitness, wellness, and healing. Our goal is to help people live their best lives through real, research-backed ingredients created for every body — inside and out. We're fully dedicated to sourcing the highest quality products from around the world, backed by third party testing. We all deserve the best in our quest for healthy living. Our mission is to give you just that.
What causes collagen deficiency?
With the advancing age, the collagen protein in the body tends to decrease. This is why you witness skin changes like wrinkles, sagging skin, and joint pains. Other than the age factor, there are many genetic disease and digestive issues that inhibit the production of collagen in the body. Lifestyle changes like smoking, excessive sun exposure and high intake of sugar also lead to collagen depletion.
Foods from which you can get collagen:
There are many food items that deliver the fibrous protein our body needs. Adding them to our diet can help overcome the collagen deficiency. Food items like fish, vegetables (red, green and orange), soy, berries, white tea, garlic, citrus fruits, eggs, and oysters are rich sources of nutrients that help in regenerating the collagen fibers. These food items help strengthen the collagen in our body.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2022-06-27.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.