Best Body Tape Measures in 2023 – Top Products Rated
Body Tape Measures are a simple, yet widely used body composition testing method for assessing percent body fat.
- Determine your body fat percentage
- Simple and accurate measurement of subcutaneous fat
- Easy to read and cost-effective test you can do yourself
- Chart your progress
- See the changes in different areas of your body
- Measuring range: 0 to 60 inches and 0 to 150 centimeters. There is a centimeter scale on the back, which is accurately printed in inches and centimeters. Both sides can be measured according to your requirements. You can put one in your pocket or backpack without taking up too much space
- Great Material: Tailor Vinyl tape measure won't stretch or deform, provides superior measurement consistence; Soft tape measure, a flexible and portable tape measure, made from soft plastic material, white color
- Operate and Read: Black markings on bright white tape is big enough for you to read, the tape has metal tabs on each end of the cloth tape measure to butt-up against the item your measuring; The metal ends also can prevent fraying
- Wide Application: Cloth tape measure; body tape measure,sewing tape measure,measuring tape tailor. Good sewing tool, accurate tape measuring for sewing, tailoring, body, waist measurement or measuring any curved surface. can provide you accurate measurements, suitable for a seamstress, a crafter, a quilter or whoever just need a flexible measuring tape
- DUAL COLOR/DUAL FUNCTION FULL BODY MEASURING TAPE - Only body tape with dedicated yellow side for easy error free circumference measurement. Yellow side automatically calculates body circumference with no extra adding or subtracting on your part.
- MEASURES UP TO 80 INCHES - Soft, Flexible, and durable vinyl tape with two side units. Measure to 1/16 inches. Width: 13mm Length: 80" / 2 meters.
- RETRACTABLE TAPE MEASURE WITH PIN LOCK - The measurement tape can be used as a circumference tape measure by locking into place and retracts easily with the push of a button.
- QUALITY SINCE 1912 - The Perfect Measuring Tape Company Produces and Supplies Quality Linear Measurement Products from Toledo, Ohio for Over 100 Years.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We are confident you will be satisfied with the quality of our products. If you are not, we accept returns within 30 days for a full refund. To discuss any issue or request a refund, please just message us directly via the Amazon Messaging Service.
- 2 Pack Soft Fashion Measuring Tape Set. Double sided, 60 inch / 150 cm, portable,durable tape measure. Small and light pocket size measuring tape.
- Easy to Read and Accurate Measurements. The tape measure has accurate, large and clear markings in both inches and centimeters, easy and convenient to read. Wide Application on Home Office School Supplies: Cloth tape measure; body tape measure, sewing tape measure, measuring tape for body, waist tape measure, tailor tape measure. Great measuring tape for body, sewing, tailoring, weight loss, ordering clothes online, waist measurement or measuring any curved surface.
- NOTE: The black tape measure is retractable. There is a retract button in the center, just press on the button when pulling the tape out or retracting the tape back into it, or there will be loud noise.
- Package includes one soft fashion pink tape measure and one retractable black tape measure. Perfect multipurpose measuring tape for body fabric sewing tailor cloth knitting craft measurements. Great gift idea for family friends coworkers seamstress. (Retractable Black Measuring Tape, Size 2 x 2 x 0.5 inches, weight 0.7oz, portable and easy to carry or put into your bag.)
- Smart Tape Measure. If you want your body measurements progress showing for graphing over time, this is the best smart body measuring tape for you; complete with fully integrated Renpho Health App connectivity. Syncs with Apple Health.
- Easy to read measuring tape for body measurements. Reading the small numbers and lines on a traditional measuring tool is difficult and may lead to inaccuracy. Our large LCD screen and instant measurement saving via the App allows you to skip the hassle and avoid any error! Perfect body tape for personal professional trainers work out use.
- Multifunctional. Whether you are a fitness enthusiast, gaining more muscle, slimming down, or even an expecting mother-to-be... it has never been easier to track your body change trends with this Renpho tape measure body measuring tape.
- Retractable easy-lock hook. With this innovative smart body measuring tape, you no longer require others for help while measuring. Our easy-lock design allows you to measure your body circumference quickly on your own.
- Compact and portable double sided body tape with inch/cm measurements. Renpho smart body measure tape is lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry in your gym bag or luggage, ensuring you can measure and track your body changes wherever you go.
- Accurate Result - arboleaf measuring tape supports change the reading from line to circumference. In circumference mode, other tape leaves big slack(up to 0.84in), while arboleaf smart body tape measure leaves tiny slack(down to 0.01 inch or 0.1cm), giving you consistent results. Please Download the latest arboleaf app or update it to the latest version.
- Easy to Use - Well made and slick measure tape for body measurement is deisgned with a locking mechanism. Pull out the tape, wrap the tape around yourself, clip it into place and then retract it to the correct position until the panel shows readings. More easier than loose sewing tape.
- Instant Measure Saving - After finishing measuring, press M button for once to upload the data to the arboleaf app via bluetooth connection; press one more time smart tape measure will jump to next circumference.
- Keep Track of your Progress - The app will record history and present them in a clear graph,include 13 body composition and 12 body measurements. Click any index to get the overall trend by week, month, or year and know you body better.
- Full Body Measurements - 12 preset circumference you can record and you can add your own custom ones as well. The readings can be read from the digital display on the body measurement tape or on the app. A great tool and motiviator for anyone who is trying to either lose weight or gain muscle. Great way to track your progress and make sure you are staying on track.
How to Choose The Best Type of Body Tape Measures
The circumference of your waist is important to monitor because it’s a good indicator of how much abdominal or visceral fat (the fat you carry around your middle) you have.
A waist circumference of greater than 40 inches for men and greater than 35 inches for women is “considered elevated and indicative of increased cardiometabolic (heart disease-related) risk,” said Craig Peters, DO, an HonorHealth cardiologist. “Elevated waist circumference or waistline measurement is an indication of abdominal obesity and increased risk for heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, dyslipidemia (elevation of blood cholesterol, triglycerides or both) and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.”
How to measure your waist circumference:
- Take off any external clothing around your waist.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Find the point halfway between the bottom of your lowest rib and the top of your hip bone.
- Wrap the tape around this point, against the skin, and breath out normally. The tape should be loose enough for you to be able to slip a finger inside it.
How To Take Body Tape Measurements
Girth measurements will give you additional valuable information to assess the progress of your exercise program. They will tell you where you are growing, which muscle groups are responding and which may need to be worked in a different way. This is needed information when deciding on things like exercises, diet and rest.
To take your body tape measurements, you will need a flexible tape measure or body fat measurer that you can wrap around your body parts.
You can find flexible tape measures tapes at tailor shops, clothes shops and sporting goods stores. Myotape-The MyoTape from Accu-Fitness is an improvement over the simple tape and it works excellent. You can get one for less than $10 and part of a package when you get your body fat caliper.
Instructions To Get Consistent Measurements
Like with taking skinfold measurements, your goal with body tape measurements is consistency.
Pull the tape to where its lying flat against the skin all the way around. The pressure you put on the tape isn’t that important; it is only important that it is the same every time you do it. Don’t worry about accuracy; but worry about consistency.
Take your measurements the same every time you take them and you will get an accurate view of your progress with each body part.
Eight Sites To Measure- Girth Measurement Sites
Neck – Standing, measure your neck at its largest girth, right over the Adam’s apple.
Shoulder – Standing, can either be measured as a straight line from the largest points on each shoulder across the chest or as a girth measurement all the way around the body.
Biceps – Measure at its largest girth, can be taken relaxed with arms at side, relaxed with arm bent, flexed with arm bent or all three.
Chest – Standing, measure with breath out just above the nipple.
Waist – Standing, measure at the narrowest point or at the midway point between the top of the hip bone and the bottom of the rib cage.
Hips – Measure at the largest girth, where the butt is protruding the greatest.
Thigh – Standing, measure at the largest girth, just below the butt.
Calf – Seated if you are measuring yourself or standing if you have a partner, measure at its largest girth.
Your body tape measurements will tell you where you are gaining but you still won’t know what you are gaining. Alone, body tape measurements aren’t enough and you need to know what is responsible for your improved size, is it fat or is it muscle? You find this out by tracking your body fat percentage.
Content Contributor: Dwayne K
Long time fitness enthusiast and multi-platform fitness blogger. Dwayne brings his passion for online marketing and fitness together in this website. Dwayne has been working out since his days in college and has never stopped. As he's aged, almost 60 now, I've managed to stay off medications by exercising, eating properly and using supplements. Dwayne still works out at the gym 5-6 times a week.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2024-02-25.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.