Best Body Tape Measures in 2022 – Top Products Rated
- 1 Best Body Tape Measures in 2022 – Top Products Rated
- 1.1 Soft Tape Measure Double Scale Body Sewing Flexible Ruler for Weight Loss Medical Body Measurement Sewing Tailor Craft Vinyl Ruler, Has Centimetre Scale on Reverse Side 60-inch（White）
- 1.2 Smart Tape Measure Body with App - RENPHO Bluetooth Measuring Tapes for Body Measuring, Weight Loss, Muscle Gain, Fitness Bodybuilding, Retractable, Measures Body Part Circumferences, Inches & cm
- 1.3 Body Measure Tape 60inch (150cm), Lock Pin and Push-Button Retract, Ergnomic and Portable Design, Black
- 1.4 Smart Body Tape Measure, FITINDEX Bluetooth Digital Measuring Tape for Body, Soft Sewing Tape, with LED Monitor Display, Lock Pin, Retractable Button, Fitness Body Measurement via Phone App
- 1.5 2 Pack Tape Measure Measuring Tape for Body Fabric Sewing Tailor Cloth Knitting Vinyl Home Craft Measurements, 60-Inch Soft Fashion Pink & Retractable Black Double Scales Rulers for Body Weight Loss
- 1.6 How to Choose The Best Type of Body Tape Measures
- 1.7 Additional Products to View
Body Tape Measures are a simple, yet widely used body composition testing method for assessing percent body fat.
- Determine your body fat percentage
- Simple and accurate measurement of subcutaneous fat
- Easy to read and cost-effective test you can do yourself
- Chart your progress
- See the changes in different areas of your body
- Measuring range: 0 to 60 inches and 0 to 150 centimeters. There is a centimeter scale on the back, which is accurately printed in inches and centimeters. Both sides can be measured according to your requirements. You can put one in your pocket or backpack without taking up too much space
- Great Material: Tailor Vinyl tape measure won't stretch or deform, provides superior measurement consistence; Soft tape measure, a flexible and portable tape measure, made from soft plastic material, white color
- Operate and Read: Black markings on bright white tape is big enough for you to read, the tape has metal tabs on each end of the cloth tape measure to butt-up against the item your measuring; The metal ends also can prevent fraying
- Wide Application: Cloth tape measure; body tape measure,sewing tape measure,measuring tape tailor. Good sewing tool, accurate tape measuring for sewing, tailoring, body, waist measurement or measuring any curved surface. can provide you accurate measurements, suitable for a seamstress, a crafter, a quilter or whoever just need a flexible measuring tape
- Smart Tape Measure. If you want your body measurements progress showing for graphing over time, this is the best Smart Body Measuring Tape for you; complete with fully integrated Renpho App connectivity.
- Easy to Read. Reading the small numbers and lines on a traditional measuring tool is difficult and may lead to inaccuracy. Our large LCD screen and instant measurement saving via the App allows you to skip the hassle and avoid any error! Perfect for personal professional trainers work out use.
- Multifunctional. Whether you are a fitness enthusiast, gaining more muscle, slimming down, or even an expecting mother-to-be... it has never been easier to track your body change trends.
- Retractable Easy-Lock Hook. With this innovative Smart Measuring Tape, you no longer require others for help while measuring. Our Easy-Lock design allows you to measure your body circumference quickly on your own.
- Friendly and useful App. The Renpho App has already provided service for millions of happy users. Come join us on the journey to Smart, Healthy Living, and Fitness.
- BODY MEASURE TAPE - Measures any body part: arm, thigh, calf, chest, waist, hips, and more, Measures up to 60 inches in length (150cm), Because the measuring tape housing is 2 inch wide,we starts at 2 inch/ 5 cm measure to help simplify the measuring process.
- PUSH BUTTON RETRACTION and PIN LOCK FEATURE - to get the most accurate and snug readings the pin locks into place and you can retract tape to get the best measurements. Push-button retraction and locking feature ensure appropriate measurement and superior accuracy.
- ERGONOMIC and PORTABLE DESIGN – Mini portable and stylish design help you use with ease for measurement. And it’s easy to store anywhere: Dresser, desktop, drawer, Gym.
- APPLICATION : This measuring tape for body have large and clear marks in both Inches and CM. It's great for Tailor, Sewing, Handcrafts, Body Measurements and more. Also, it is a perfect Christmas gift.
- GUARANTEED - We are confident in our product and therefore guarantee it. If for some reason you are unhappy with it we will take it back. (Within 1 year from purchase).
- Sync data to app. Smart Digital body tape connects with Fitindex app via Bluetooth 4.0 or above. Download Fitindex app through the app store or Google Play for free also can be used with Fitindex series scale.
- Large, bright and clear LED monitor display, visualize reading, easy to read and get measure data. Easy to operate with a single hand and measure body part quickly.
- Accurate Measurement. Retracting button and pin lock help you fix body part and get accurate measurements, fast to get your waist-to-hip ratio or other body part’s value.
- Record measurement, track data with a weekly, monthly, yearly chart. Fitindex app recording stats of neck, shoulder, bicep, chest, waist, hip, thigh, calf up to 8 body parts , can add unlimited users for whole family use, view stats with a floating chart.
- 2 Units and Measure Mode. Both measure inches (Max: 60’’) and centimetre (Max:152 cm), length and circumference. Great for weight loss, muscle gain, bodybuilding, fabric tailor, sewing, handcraft. Fitindex digital smart tape is powered by a CR2032 lithium coin battery (package included).
- 2 Pack Soft Fashion Pink & Retractable Black Measuring Tape Set. Double-sided, 60-inch / 150 cm, portable,durable tape measure. Small and light pocket-size measuring tape.
- Easy to Read and Accurate Measurements. The tape measure has accurate, large and clear markings in both inches and centimeters, easy and convenient to read. Wide Application on Home Office School Supplies: Cloth tape measure; body tape measure, sewing tape measure, measuring tape for body, waist tape measure, tailor tape measure. Great measuring tape for body, sewing, tailoring, weight loss, ordering clothes online, waist measurement or measuring any curved surface.
- NOTE: The black tape measure is retractable. There is a retract button in the center, just press on the button when pulling the tape out or retracting the tape back into it, or there will be loud noise.
- Package includes one soft fashion pink tape measure and one retractable black tape measure. Perfect multipurpose measuring tape for body fabric sewing tailor cloth knitting craft measurements. Great gift idea for family friends coworkers seamstress. (Retractable Black Measuring Tape, Size 2 x 2 x 0.5 inches, weight 0.7oz, portable and easy to carry or put into your bag.)
How to Choose The Best Type of Body Tape Measures
The circumference of your waist is important to monitor because it’s a good indicator of how much abdominal or visceral fat (the fat you carry around your middle) you have.
A waist circumference of greater than 40 inches for men and greater than 35 inches for women is “considered elevated and indicative of increased cardiometabolic (heart disease-related) risk,” said Craig Peters, DO, an HonorHealth cardiologist. “Elevated waist circumference or waistline measurement is an indication of abdominal obesity and increased risk for heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, dyslipidemia (elevation of blood cholesterol, triglycerides or both) and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.”
How to measure your waist circumference:
- Take off any external clothing around your waist.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Find the point halfway between the bottom of your lowest rib and the top of your hip bone.
- Wrap the tape around this point, against the skin, and breath out normally. The tape should be loose enough for you to be able to slip a finger inside it.
How To Take Body Tape Measurements
Girth measurements will give you additional valuable information to assess the progress of your exercise program. They will tell you where you are growing, which muscle groups are responding and which may need to be worked in a different way. This is needed information when deciding on things like exercises, diet and rest.
To take your body tape measurements, you will need a flexible tape measure or body fat measurer that you can wrap around your body parts.
You can find flexible tape measures tapes at tailor shops, clothes shops and sporting goods stores. Myotape-The MyoTape from Accu-Fitness is an improvement over the simple tape and it works excellent. You can get one for less than $10 and part of a package when you get your body fat caliper.
Instructions To Get Consistent Measurements
Like with taking skinfold measurements, your goal with body tape measurements is consistency.
Pull the tape to where its lying flat against the skin all the way around. The pressure you put on the tape isn’t that important; it is only important that it is the same every time you do it. Don’t worry about accuracy; but worry about consistency.
Take your measurements the same every time you take them and you will get an accurate view of your progress with each body part.
Eight Sites To Measure- Girth Measurement Sites
Neck – Standing, measure your neck at its largest girth, right over the Adam’s apple.
Shoulder – Standing, can either be measured as a straight line from the largest points on each shoulder across the chest or as a girth measurement all the way around the body.
Biceps – Measure at its largest girth, can be taken relaxed with arms at side, relaxed with arm bent, flexed with arm bent or all three.
Chest – Standing, measure with breath out just above the nipple.
Waist – Standing, measure at the narrowest point or at the midway point between the top of the hip bone and the bottom of the rib cage.
Hips – Measure at the largest girth, where the butt is protruding the greatest.
Thigh – Standing, measure at the largest girth, just below the butt.
Calf – Seated if you are measuring yourself or standing if you have a partner, measure at its largest girth.
Your body tape measurements will tell you where you are gaining but you still won’t know what you are gaining. Alone, body tape measurements aren’t enough and you need to know what is responsible for your improved size, is it fat or is it muscle? You find this out by tracking your body fat percentage.
Content Contributor: Dwayne K
Long time fitness enthusiast and multi-platform fitness blogger. Dwayne brings his passion for online marketing and fitness together in this website. Dwayne has been working out since his days in college and has never stopped. As he's aged, almost 60 now, I've managed to stay off medications by exercising, eating properly and using supplements. Dwayne still works out at the gym 5-6 times a week.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2022-01-23.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.