Healthy4LifeOnline delivers the top 12 rated Bike Helmets on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Designed to keep you safe and protect your head while riding your Road or Mountain Bike. Choose from many styles and levels of safety from the wide array of helmets available to biking enthusiasts.
Bike Helmet Benefits
Bike helmets are very helpful gear that everyone should be wearing when riding a bicycle. These helmets provide the required or much-needed protection and safety in case an accident occurs while you are riding a bike. A bicycle helmet can help preserve lives, which is why it is very necessary to wear them each time you choose to take a bicycle trip.
Bicycle helmets are made to perform one thing, that is to provide 100% safety and protection from head injuries, and also avoid a most likely deadly one. It is extremely important to correctly wear a bicycle helmet to completely obtain its benefits. This type of headgear comes in a variety of sizes, shapes and sizes, styles, and colors that serve a single purpose, that is to save lives. A bike helmet has proven time and time again to prevent severe head injuries and even death. According to research, most deadly injuries incurred among bike-related accidents was that the rider didn’t have or was not wearing a bicycle helmet. Deadly bicycle falls or accidents always lead to serious injuries to the head, which a bicycle helmet usually protects.
Top 12 Best Bike Helmets Reviewed
- Adult bike helmet with Dual Fit adjustable design
- 21 integrated flow vents to keep rider cool
- Moisture-wicking pads keep rider's head dry
- Easy-to-adjust webbing ensures a comfortable fit
- Built-in visor provides increased shade while riding
- Dial Fit adjustable system adds ease
- 21 flow vents to keep you cool
- Visor offers increased shade while riding
- Easy to adjust webbing for a comfortable fit
- Moisture-wicking pads keep you dry
- This is how to measure your head for a bike helmet: Measure the circumference of your head. Put the measuring tape about 1cm above your eyebrows and go all the way round your head in an even loop.
- US CPSC safety standard tested and approved.Classic skate design helmet with 11 vents to keep you cool and comfortable and 2 sets of interchangeable pads for a custom fit.
- Fully formed ABS surrounds high quality EPS foam to ensure safety on impact
- Keep your head protected in this Critical Cycles helmet as you ride on your bikes, skateboards, roller skates and scooters
- Pick from a variety of matte Colors to perfectly accent your bike and augment your personality and this helmet is recommended for riders who are age 14+.
- CAN ADJUSTABLE TO DIFFERENT HEAD SIZE: This adult cycling helmet goes with a standard size, equipped with the easy-use dial system and side straps make this nutcase helmet adjustable to different head size and suitable for both men and women.
- IMPACT RESISTANCE: This nutcase bike helmet is specially designed for adult rider. Material use the tough and durable PVC & PC, EPS foam which help absorb the impact and protect the head during crash.
- VENTILATION: The adoption of specialized aerodynamic and ventilation design allow air go through the biking helmet which help increase the speed and keep stay cool.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: This biking helmet made of lightweight material, the inner pad use of breathable material to wear comfortably.
- Package included: 1 x Helmet
- Adjustable - This adult cycling helmet goes with a standard size, equipped with the easy-use dial system and side straps make this nutcase helmet adjustable to different head size
- Impact Resistance - This cycling helmet is specially designed for adult rider. Tough and durable PC material. EPS foam which help slow down the impact and protect the head
- Ventilation - Honeycomb type 18 vents. The adoption of specialized aerodynamic and ventilation design allow air go through the biking helmet which help increase the speed and keep stay cool and comfortable
- Detachable Visor - The visor can be detach from the helmet. You can choose free
- Lightweight - This biking helmet made of lightweight material, the inner pad use of breathable material to wear comfortably
- Fits head sizes: 54-58 cm
- True Fit ensures a comfortable fit
- Sixteen vents keep you extra cool
- Tapeless technology and built-in visor
- Pinch Guard ensures pinch-free buckling
- LED Light Ergo knob Dial, lights up for safety on the road, and adjusting from 52-61CM in circumference
- Single universal size, lightweight 250 grams, 9oz
- 24 precisely placed vents provide the optimal amount of ventilation to keep the rider cool and comfortable
- True to our cycling roots this helmet uses lightweight materials with an aerodynamic design to cut down on weight, while providing top tier protection
- The silas bike helmet is safety Certified with both CPSC 16 CFR part 1203 (bike helmets USA), and EN1078:1012+a1:2012 (bike helmets Europe)
- Tough and durable: PVC & PC, EPS foam material is safely and helpful to decrease the impact forces of the collision.
- Safe: 54-62 cm adjustable straps and CPSC Certified can protect your head, which meets the satisfactions of most cycling riders.
- Comfortable: The special aerodynamic design that makes air ventilated can keep cool during riding a bike.
- Lightweight: 225g super lightweight helmet will not cause any burden to the rider's head during cycling.
- Bonus: An extra water and dust resistant seat cover which can protect your seat from water and dust in rainy.
- Classic BMX Multi-Sports Helmet with Hard Outer Shell for Added Protection. Complies with CPSC Standards for Helmet Safety.
- Includes Padded Inserts to help adjust fit. Ventilation Channels for Cooling Comfort, Durable Polyester Straps with Quick-Release Buckle.
- SIZE CHART: Measure head circumference by wrapping a measuring tape around your head starting about an inch above your eyebrows and encircling the widest part your head. * X-Small: 20" - 21.25" (typically fits ages 3-6 years) * Small/Medium: 21.5" - 22.5" (typically fits ages 6-10 years) * Large/X-large: 22.75" - 24.5" (typically fits adolescents & adults)
- Be Protected While Riding Your Skateboard, Bike, Scooter, Roller Skates, Or Any Bike Sports.
- Satisfaction guaranteed, Choose from Different colors and sizes, Strong Quality, Comfortable Fit, Easy To Adjust, STAY SAFE!!!
- Adjustable dial fit offers 360˚ adjustability for the perfect custom fit
- Lightweight Microshell design won't weigh you down while you ride
- 20 top air vents provide crucial ventilation on hot summer rides
- Full shell coverage offers the ultimate protection for your noggin
- Adjustable side straps keep you comfortable
- [ULTRA-LIGHT MATERIALS] in-mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner. Lightweight bicycle helmet, Breathable cushion inside it,Smooth streamline shape decreases reduce the drag, Ultra-light material. EASECAMP bike helmet is equipped with easy to remove flum to protect your face against branches, mud, sun and rain.
- [ADJUSTABLE SIZE] Suitable for 22."-24" head circumference, EASECAMP bike helmet is equipped with a regulator which can adjust the size according to your head circumference.
- [SMART DESIGN] Wind tunnel,duct design,effectively reduce wind resistance ,imitation integrally molded helmet to fit rider head, the adjustment twist,can adjust head circumference size. Ruggedness but not brittle to withstand the high intensity, strong foam density EPS foam synthesis makes riding safer.
- [EASECAMP BICYCLE HELMET FREATURE] Streamlined design, anti-windage, lightweight, strong, 28 air vents for allowing cool air in and warm air out. comfortable lining, and regulator.
- [EXCELLENT BICYCLE HELMET] High intensity, perfect workmanship, great anti-shock ability, EASECAMP bike helmet could safely provide good protection while riding or doing other outdoor sports.
- Fits head sizes: 52-56 cm
- True fit, 1-step adjustment with 11 vents
- Pinch guard ensures pinch-free buckling
- Tapeless technology and built-in visor
- CPSC 1203 bike compliant
- Integrated in-mold PC shell with multi-dimensional cone-shape EPS impact foam. Ventilated channel system with13 vents provide cooling airflow when you're riding hard.
- One-hand Fit adjustment back wheel for comfort wearing, suitable for head circumference 22.0 - 24.4 inch.
- Removable inner quality padding to absorb shocks upon impact and extra sweat.
- Breathable, removable and soft chin guard and Y-S fixing strap for comfort fit.
- Visor attached protects your eye from rain, sun, mud, and tree branches.
Five Reasons to Use a Bike Helmet
Prevent Head Injury
“American Family Physician” claims that head injuries cause by far the most fatalities and long-term disabilities when it comes to cycling accidents. Around 22 to 47 % of injured cyclists encounter head injuries, which are furthermore responsible for 60 percent of most bike-related deaths. A study released in the “Canadian Medical Organization Journal” in 2012 looked at the deaths of 129 bike riders between the years 2006 and 2009. The analysts discovered that not wearing a helmet significantly multiplied the chance of sustaining a fatal head injury. In a meta-review of six research published in the “Cochrane Library” in 2008, researchers discovered a statistically substantial reduction in mortality and head injuries happened in places that implemented helmet laws. An earlier 2007 review of studies on head injury and helmet use published in “Injury Prevention, ” concluded that helmets provide a 63 to 88 percent reduction in the risk of head and brain injury for all cyclist.
Portray a Good Example
Adults should set a good example to children, this can be applied in riding a bike. Within the “Journal of Safety Research, ” a study published in 2010 found that from 2001 to 2003, only 48 percent of 5- to 14-year-olds put on bike helmets when riding. This age bracket is at the highest chance of bicycle-related injuries. Older children may be hesitant to wear helmets because they appear uncool or awkward. If you don’t wear one, children will have trouble seeing the worth and importance of wearing a helmet.
Riding on the road in traffic shows numerous risks. Oftentimes, accidents occur because drivers have a hard time seeing the bicyclist. A bike helmet along with reflective strips can make you a lot more noticeable to motorists, particularly in the pre-dawn or early night hours. Select a brightly colored helmet so drivers can see you much better during the day as well.
You wouldn’t plan to ride a bike when there is a storm, yet weather can be unforeseen — especially if you are riding an extensive distance. Wearing a helmet furthermore protects you from climate hazards, including intense sunlight, hail, and rain. A few companies also promote winter helmets that help keep you keep warm when riding in cold temperatures.
Stay Clear of a Ticket
Universal bicycle helmet laws do not exist in the United States. However, 21 states, as well as the District of Columbia, possess helmet laws that affect riders younger than 16 years. Some local laws do require helmets be used by all cyclists, regardless of age. Make the helmet a routine so you are always in conformity with the law no matter where you are riding.
How to Find the Perfect Bike Helmet
The helmet’s primary function, of course, is to protect your head from impact. To do this, helmets come with a thick polystyrene or polypropylene foam lining beneath the hard plastic shell, of which absorbs the shock of a collision. All BIKE helmets sold in America meet the same CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) standards.
Replace the helmet after a critical impact. In spite of how it looks, there might be invisible dents that compromise the helmet’s condition. You should also replace your helmet every five years because of UV degradation and regular wear and tear.
More expensive helmets are commonly accessible in different sizes that provide an additional protection and comfortable fit. Less expensive helmets usually come with a universal sizing ring that suits a wide range of head sizes.
All helmets list the head circumference it’s designed for. To figure out yours, wrap a flexible measuring tape around the widest part of your head, about 1 inch above your eyebrows. For children, their helmet’s circumferences are between 18 and 22.5 inches.
Find the Right Fit
The helmet must be put on horizontally on your head, not tipped forward or back. Generally, the front rim rides an inch or so above the eyebrows, though this can vary a little based on design. The inner band should wrap comfortably and perfectly around your head-not too tight, but not so loose that the helmet easily moves about.
The chin-strap should create a “V” shape in front of and behind each ear. Make sure there’s no binding or chafing. The strap should also not be placed tightly. To check if it is too tight, check if you can slide two fingers side by side between your chin and the strap.
Helmet vents improve wind-flow over your head, keeping you cooler and more comfortable as you ride. The more extra vents you have, the lighter the helmet will be.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-07-15