Healthy4LifeOnline delivers the top 25 rated Bike Helmets on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Designed to keep you safe and protect your head while riding your Road or Mountain Bike. Choose from many styles and levels of safety from the wide array of helmets available to biking enthusiasts.
Bike Helmet Benefits
Bike helmets are very helpful gear that everyone should be wearing when riding a bicycle. These helmets provide the required or much-needed protection and safety in case an accident occurs while you are riding a bike. A bicycle helmet can help preserve lives, which is why it is very necessary to wear them each time you choose to take a bicycle trip.
Bicycle helmets are made to perform one thing, that is to provide 100% safety and protection from head injuries, and also avoid a most likely deadly one. It is extremely important to correctly wear a bicycle helmet to completely obtain its benefits. This type of headgear comes in a variety of sizes, shapes and sizes, styles, and colors that serve a single purpose, that is to save lives. A bike helmet has proven time and time again to prevent severe head injuries and even death. According to research, most deadly injuries incurred among bike-related accidents was that the rider didn’t have or was not wearing a bicycle helmet. Deadly bicycle falls or accidents always lead to serious injuries to the head, which a bicycle helmet usually protects.
Top 25 Best Bike Helmets Reviewed
- CAN ADJUSTABLE TO DIFFERENT HEAD SIZE: This adult cycling helmet goes with a standard size, equipped with the easy-use dial system and side straps make this nutcase helmet adjustable to different head size and suitable for both men and women.
- IMPACT RESISTANCE: This nutcase bike helmet is specially designed for adult rider. Material use the tough and durable PVC & PC, EPS foam which help absorb the impact and protect the head during crash.
- VENTILATION: The adoption of specialized aerodynamic and ventilation design allow air go through the biking helmet which help increase the speed and keep stay cool.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: This biking helmet made of lightweight material, the inner pad use of breathable material to wear comfortably.
- Package included: 1 x Helmet
- Adult bike helmet with Dual Fit adjustable design
- 21 integrated flow vents to keep rider cool
- Moisture-wicking pads keep rider's head dry
- Easy-to-adjust webbing ensures a comfortable fit
- Built-in visor provides increased shade while riding
- Dial Fit adjustable system adds ease
- 21 flow vents to keep you cool
- Visor offers increased shade while riding
- Easy to adjust webbing for a comfortable fit
- Moisture-wicking pads keep you dry
- 3D fabric bow and ears are made of non-grip material with breakaway attachment
- Glittered bottom wrap
- CPSC bike compliant
- Adjustable - This adult cycling helmet goes with a standard size, equipped with the easy-use dial system and side straps make this nutcase helmet adjustable to different head size
- Impact Resistance - This cycling helmet is specially designed for adult rider. Tough and durable PC material. EPS foam which help slow down the impact and protect the head
- Ventilation - Honeycomb type 18 vents. The adoption of specialized aerodynamic and ventilation design allow air go through the biking helmet which help increase the speed and keep stay cool and comfortable
- Detachable Visor - The visor can be detach from the helmet. You can choose free
- Lightweight - This biking helmet made of lightweight material, the inner pad use of breathable material to wear comfortably
- 22 vents
- Roc Loc Sport fit system
- In-mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Snap-ft visor with reinforced anchors
- Refective rear decal
- This is how to measure your head for a bike helmet: Measure the circumference of your head. Put the measuring tape about 1cm above your eyebrows and go all the way round your head in an even loop.
- US CPSC safety standard tested and approved.Classic skate design helmet with 11 vents to keep you cool and comfortable and 2 sets of interchangeable pads for a custom fit.
- Fully formed ABS surrounds high quality EPS foam to ensure safety on impact
- Keep your head protected in this Critical Cycles helmet as you ride on your bikes, skateboards, roller skates and scooters
- Pick from a variety of matte Colors to perfectly accent your bike and augment your personality and this helmet is recommended for riders who are age 14+.
- Fits head sizes: 52-56 cm
- True fit, 1-step adjustment with 11 vents
- Pinch guard ensures pinch-free buckling
- Tapeless technology and built-in visor
- CPSC 1203 bike compliant
- A HELMET YOU CAN DEPEND ON - This CPSC-certified set features shock-absorbing EPS (expanded polystyrene shell) and fitted design to reduce your child risk of injury while biking on or off road!
- COOL AND COMFORTABLE - Lightweight with an integrated visor and 14 vent holes for cooling air flow even in the middle of summer! The Soft STRAPS are fully adjustable and the quick-release clip keeps the helmet securely in place without risk of face scratches or abrasions.
- ADJUSTS from TODDLER to CHILDREN SIZE - Easily adjusts Vertically and Horizontally for a tighter and snugger fit due to its ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM with a FIT DIAL. Moreover, it includes two padded inserts: the preinstalled 10mm pads are for toddlers of 3, 4 & 5 years and the included 5mm pads are for children's of 5, 6 & 7 yrs old. It doesn't fit kids of 8 years and above.
- FUN AQUA DESIGN - a design that makes your preschool kids WANT to wear their helmets while cycling or on their scooter! Boys will LOVE the blue shark design while girls will adore the pink octopus option!
- 60-DAY GUARANTEE AND LIFETIME WARRANTY - You get a lifetime manufacturer warranty against defects PLUS a 60-day money-back guarantee! Your investment in these junior safety kit is fully protected!
- Easy, fun and designed with little ones in mind
- Mini Loc Fit System
- Microshell with built-in bug net construction
- 6 vents to keep little heads cool
- Built-in visor and pinch-proof buckle
- Lightweight, tough and durable PVC & PC, EPS foam material is safely and helpful to decrease the imp
- 54-62cm adjustable strap can meet the needs of most cycling riders
- The special aerodynamic design that makes air ventilated can keep cool during riding a bike
- 225g super lightweight helmet will not cause any burden to the rider's head during cycling
- The detachable brim and inside liner is more convenient to use and clean
- CLEAR VIEW FLAT MIRROR - We included a flat mirror so your view is very clear and not distorted which makes it's easy to view any distance behind you... similar to a car rearview mirror.
- LOCK IN THE PERFECT ADJUSTMENT - 360 adjustment plus the mirror is on a ball hinge and makes it super easy to get the perfect viewing angle no matter your preference.
- TWO INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH VELCRO PADS INCLUDED - Just in case you get a new helmet or would like to install your mirror on a second helmet
- SUPER STRONG & BUILT TO LAST- Our feather weight mirror is made from strong polymer and aluminum for the perfect combination of strength and low weight. Weighs equivalent to 5 sheets of paper.
- RISK-FREE GUARANTEE! You will be 100% satisfied or we'll give you your money back.
- Fits head Sizes: 48-52 cm
- Dazzling tiara will have any rider shine like a snow princess
- True fit self-adjusts for a proper fit every time
- High-impact reflectors for visibility
- 4 vents keep heads extra cool and pinch guard ensures pinch-free buckling
- Huge 2 & 1/4" mirror provides safest view of what's behind you
- VERY sturdy construction. Does not vibrate. Stays in Place!
- Linked arm is easy to adjust, and holds position
- 100% U.S.A. Made from high quality materials
- Installation help and 5 year "No-Fault" warranty from manufacturer.
- Rear light for Safety; Equip with 3 modes Helmet Led Rear light for safety
- Ultra Lightweight for Comfortable; Only 0.49lb In-Mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner,It very comfortable to wear
- Ample Ventilation; 24 Vents keep Ample Ventilation for ultimate temperature regulation and reducing resistance
- Adjustable dial to customize fit; Fits head sizes(M/L) 56-60cm(about 22-23.6inch)
- Helmet Rain Cover and Visor;Come with Visor and Rain Cover Protected from sun ,elements, wind, rain, dust and anti-aging
- Classic Multi-Sports Helmet with Hard Outer Shell for Added Protection - Complies with CPSC Standards for Helmet Safety
- Ventilation Channels for Cooling Comfort
- Durable Polyester Straps with Quick-Release Buckle
- Includes Padded Inserts to help adjust fit
- SIZE CHART: Measure head circumference by wrapping a measuring tape around your head starting about an inch above your eyebrows and encircling the widest part your head. * X-Small: 20" - 21.25" (typically fits ages 3-6 years) * Small/Medium: 21.5" - 22.5" (typically fits ages 6-10 years) * Large/X-large: 22.75" - 24.5" (typically fits adolescents & adults)
- INNOVATIVE AERODYNAMIC DESIGN - We proudly introduce you our cutting edge helmet, designed to look and feel well on your head, but most important, to provide you maximum protection. All this combo in only 8.8oz (250g). Once you try it you won't believe the how comfortable and protected will you feel
- IN-MOLD POLYCARBONATE SHELL with PC+ American Gray EPS Liner, to offer you a real protection against shocks. When you look for a good helmet, you must find this safety standard as a premise. Our helmet is CE certified
- DUAL FIT ADJUSTABLE & REAR LED TAIL LIGHT system allows you to adjust the helmet to fit perfectly. In addition to the ADJUSTABLE STRAP will provide a DUAL FIT adjustment that will make your experience further comfortable
- OPTIMAL VENTILATION, GoMax helmet is designed with 22 Air Vents ensuring optimal air flow and minimal resistance, allowing air to pass through in efficient and easy way. This feature, plus the BUILT-IN DETACHABLE VISOR, makes it perfectly suitable to be used in sunny/hot weather
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE as all GoMax products. Please consult our size chart guide before placing the order. If for any reason you don't feel comfortable with our helmet, we can assist you with any doubt you may have or refund you if necessary. Your safety is our priority.
- Cutting-edge youth safety helmet for biking, skating, and more
- Ergonomic interior padding is comfortable and secure
- 17 top and side vents help rider keep a cool head on hot days
- Side release buckles adjust and fasten quickly; sleek black gloss color
- Fits head sizes 21.5 to 23 inches; for ages 8 to 14; complies with CPSC standards
- True Fit system self-adjusts to a perfect fit
- Pinch Guard ensures no-pinch buckling
- CPSC bike compliant
- Fits head sizes: 51-54 cm
- Bell True Fit Sprout Pink Ladybug Bike Helmet
- LED Light Ergo knob Dial, lights up for safety on the road, and adjusting from 52-61CM in circumference
- Single universal size, lightweight 250 grams, 9oz
- 24 precisely placed vents provide the optimal amount of ventilation to keep the rider cool and comfortable
- True to our cycling roots this helmet uses lightweight materials with an aerodynamic design to cut down on weight, while providing top tier protection
- The silas bike helmet is safety Certified with both CPSC 16 CFR part 1203 (bike helmets USA), and EN1078:1012+a1:2012 (bike helmets Europe)
- Fits head sizes: 48-52 cm
- True Fit self-adjusts for a proper fit every time
- High-impact reflectors for visibility
- Extended rear coverage provides extra protection
- 4 vents keep heads extra coo
- In-Mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Built-in visor
- Pinch-guard buckle
- Ponytail compatible
- Roc Loc Jr. fit system. 8 vents.
- Tough and durable: PVC & PC, EPS foam material is safely and helpful to decrease the impact forces of the collision.
- Safe: 54-62 cm adjustable straps and CPSC Certified can protect your head, which meets the satisfactions of most cycling riders.
- Comfortable: The special aerodynamic design that makes air ventilated can keep cool during riding a bike.
- Lightweight: 225g super lightweight helmet will not cause any burden to the rider's head during cycling.
- Bonus: An extra water and dust resistant seat cover which can protect your seat from water and dust in rainy.
- CPSC certification
- Material: ABS+EPS, Side strap adjusters assist with a proper fit
- Suitable for 3-8 years old children, head circumference: 50-54 cm
- This is the very helmet targeted for kids sports.To be cool not only for your bicycle scooter ,but also roller-skating and so on.
- Package included:1 x Helmet
- NEO is a modern, comfortable, and feature packed MTB helmet made specifically for trail riding, it's the perfect choice for aspiring off-road adventurers.
- The NEO offers optimal cranial coverage and security by cradling the occipital bone for full protection, which translates to more confidence on rough, technical terrain.
- Built with 18 large vents for maximum ventilation, this all-new helmet gives you everything you need to conquer enduro or all-mountain terrain in a comfortable, lightweight package.
- Suitable for Head Circumferences from 22 to 24.5 inches, it fits most standard adult sizes thanks to the SH-18 Fit System.
- Visor is adjustable and removable.
Five Reasons to Use a Bike Helmet
Prevent Head Injury
“American Family Physician” claims that head injuries cause by far the most fatalities and long-term disabilities when it comes to cycling accidents. Around 22 to 47 % of injured cyclists encounter head injuries, which are furthermore responsible for 60 percent of most bike-related deaths. A study released in the “Canadian Medical Organization Journal” in 2012 looked at the deaths of 129 bike riders between the years 2006 and 2009. The analysts discovered that not wearing a helmet significantly multiplied the chance of sustaining a fatal head injury. In a meta-review of six research published in the “Cochrane Library” in 2008, researchers discovered a statistically substantial reduction in mortality and head injuries happened in places that implemented helmet laws. An earlier 2007 review of studies on head injury and helmet use published in “Injury Prevention, ” concluded that helmets provide a 63 to 88 percent reduction in the risk of head and brain injury for all cyclist.
Portray a Good Example
Adults should set a good example to children, this can be applied in riding a bike. Within the “Journal of Safety Research, ” a study published in 2010 found that from 2001 to 2003, only 48 percent of 5- to 14-year-olds put on bike helmets when riding. This age bracket is at the highest chance of bicycle-related injuries. Older children may be hesitant to wear helmets because they appear uncool or awkward. If you don’t wear one, children will have trouble seeing the worth and importance of wearing a helmet.
Riding on the road in traffic shows numerous risks. Oftentimes, accidents occur because drivers have a hard time seeing the bicyclist. A bike helmet along with reflective strips can make you a lot more noticeable to motorists, particularly in the pre-dawn or early night hours. Select a brightly colored helmet so drivers can see you much better during the day as well.
You wouldn’t plan to ride a bike when there is a storm, yet weather can be unforeseen — especially if you are riding an extensive distance. Wearing a helmet furthermore protects you from climate hazards, including intense sunlight, hail, and rain. A few companies also promote winter helmets that help keep you keep warm when riding in cold temperatures.
Stay Clear of a Ticket
Universal bicycle helmet laws do not exist in the United States. However, 21 states, as well as the District of Columbia, possess helmet laws that affect riders younger than 16 years. Some local laws do require helmets be used by all cyclists, regardless of age. Make the helmet a routine so you are always in conformity with the law no matter where you are riding.
How to Find the Perfect Bike Helmet
The helmet’s primary function, of course, is to protect your head from impact. To do this, helmets come with a thick polystyrene or polypropylene foam lining beneath the hard plastic shell, of which absorbs the shock of a collision. All BIKE helmets sold in America meet the same CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) standards.
Replace the helmet after a critical impact. In spite of how it looks, there might be invisible dents that compromise the helmet’s condition. You should also replace your helmet every five years because of UV degradation and regular wear and tear.
More expensive helmets are commonly accessible in different sizes that provide an additional protection and comfortable fit. Less expensive helmets usually come with a universal sizing ring that suits a wide range of head sizes.
All helmets list the head circumference it’s designed for. To figure out yours, wrap a flexible measuring tape around the widest part of your head, about 1 inch above your eyebrows. For children, their helmet’s circumferences are between 18 and 22.5 inches.
Find the Right Fit
The helmet must be put on horizontally on your head, not tipped forward or back. Generally, the front rim rides an inch or so above the eyebrows, though this can vary a little based on design. The inner band should wrap comfortably and perfectly around your head-not too tight, but not so loose that the helmet easily moves about.
The chin-strap should create a “V” shape in front of and behind each ear. Make sure there’s no binding or chafing. The strap should also not be placed tightly. To check if it is too tight, check if you can slide two fingers side by side between your chin and the strap.
Helmet vents improve wind-flow over your head, keeping you cooler and more comfortable as you ride. The more extra vents you have, the lighter the helmet will be.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-04-23