Designed to keep you safe and protect your head while riding your Road or Mountain Bike. Choose from many styles and levels of safety from the wide array of helmets available to biking enthusiasts.
Bike Helmet Benefits
Bike helmets are very helpful gear that everyone should be wearing when riding a bicycle. These helmets provide the required or much-needed protection and safety in case an accident occurs while you are riding a bike. A bicycle helmet can help preserve lives, which is why it is very necessary to wear them each time you choose to take a bicycle trip.
Bicycle helmets are made to perform one thing, that is to provide 100% safety and protection from head injuries, and also avoid a most likely deadly one. It is extremely important to correctly wear a bicycle helmet to completely obtain its benefits. This type of headgear comes in a variety of sizes, shapes and sizes, styles, and colors that serve a single purpose, that is to save lives. A bike helmet has proven time and time again to prevent severe head injuries and even death. According to research, most deadly injuries incurred among bike-related accidents was that the rider didn’t have or was not wearing a bicycle helmet. Deadly bicycle falls or accidents always lead to serious injuries to the head, which a bicycle helmet usually protects.
Best Bike Helmets Reviewed
- Tested and approved for Bike, Skate, Ski. CPSC 16 CFR Part 1203, STM F2040-11 / ASTM F1446, EN 1077, EN 1078
- Classic skate design helmet with 8 vents to keep you cool and comfortable and 2 sets of interchangeable pads for a custom fit.
- Fully formed ABS surrounds high quality EPS foam to ensure safety on impact
- Keep your head protected in this Retrospec helmet as you ride on your bikes, Skateboards, roller skates and scooters
- Pick from a variety of matte Colors to perfectly accent your bike and augment your personality and this helmet is recommended for riders who are age 14+.
- US CPSC standards certified, keep your head safe
- Build-in with detachable rear light, more visibility and safety
- Adjustable chin strap and rear dial secure system, comfortable and easy fitting
- Lightweight and comfortable, 9 air vents and detachable inside soft padding
- Good for urban commuting, bike cycling. Suitable for most adults head circumference from 21.65 to 24 inches(NOT for Extra Large). Please measure your circumference above eye brows with a tape measure or string to get your head size and make the right purchase
- Tough and durable: PVC & PC, EPS foam material is safely and helpful to decrease the impact forces of the collision.
- Safe: 54-62 cm adjustable straps and CPSC Certified can protect your head, which meets the satisfactions of most cycling riders.
- Comfortable: The special aerodynamic design that makes air ventilated can keep cool during riding a bike.
- Lightweight: 225g super lightweight helmet will not cause any burden to the rider's head during cycling.
- Collocation: An extra water and dust resistant seat cover which can protect your seat from water and dust in rainy.
- Adjustable helmet: 54-62cm with adjustable strap meets the demand of most cycling rider
- Ventilation: honeycomb type 18 vents which can help increase the speed and keep stay cool and comfortable while cycling
- Material: high density imported EPS,PC and PVC. The lining: With removable, protective, sweat absorption lining pad, comfortable to wear and easy to wash
- Lightweight: adapt high density imported EPS,PC and PVC materials which can make the helmet light and comfortable
- Safety: The bike helmet is safety Certified with CPSC 16 CFR part 1203 (bike helmets USA)
- IN-MOLD CONSTRUCTION - In-Mold Construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making in-mold helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets
- INTEGRATED MIPS - All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro's Integrated MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to the rider's brain in certain impacts
- UNIVERSAL FIT SIZING -Our Universal Fit helmets are sculpted to look good and fit great for almost anyone on the first try. By developing proprietary shell sizes based on specific customer groups, and combining them with an easily-adjustable fit system, it's easy for you to get the right fit, straight out of the box, without the hassle or expense of trying multiple sizes
- ROC LOC SPORT MIPS FIT SYSTEM - The Roc Loc Sport MIPS fit system offers easy one-handed operation with a 7cm adjustment range. Its confident clicking feel and sound lets riders know that the helmet is adjusting to a comfortable fit. With comfort similar Roc Loc 5 and ponytail compatibility, the new Roc Loc Sport fit system brings premium function to sport level helmets
- SPECIFICATIONS - Universal Adult (54-61 cm) size; 22 helmet vents
- Shell Material: In-Mold (polycarbonate)
- Impact Foam: EPS foam, MIPS liner
- Fit Adjustment: Roc Loc Sport (micro-adjustable rear dial)
- Recommended Use: enduro, trail
- Matte Grey: Lighter colored than images may show
- 【Ventilation】: Internal, recessed channels and manage airflow through the biking helmet and over the head, pulls cool air in through the front and pushes it through an air-channel matrix to reduce overheating.
- 【Comfortable】: Soft, comfortable, moisture-wicking, and washable helmet pads. It is specialized designs for the urban commuting, bikes cycling and suitable for city, road, electric, scooter, trek bike and etc.
- 【Safety Protection】: Full in-mold construction and a soft lining ensure that your helmet is safe and comfortable however and wherever you ride. Bicycle helmets included plug-in rear LED light provides the highest and best possible protection and visibility on the city streets.
- 【Lightweight and Strong】: Complies with CPSC Bike and CE.EN1078 safety standards; Apply endure PC shell material and high-density EPS foam that enhance safe performance and manages the energy from impacts effectively, improve protection.
- 【Upgraded Regulator】: Intuitive one-handed headmaster fit system adjusts height and circumference to fit your head. Suitable for most adults helmet circumference is from 22 to 24 Inches.
- SPECIAL MATERIALS IMPACT RESISTANCE: Mountain bike helmet with CPSC Safety Standard&CE Certified uses High-density, durable and tough PVC&PC, EPS foam, integrated molding superior technology is helpful to decrease the impact forces and protect rider's head during crash.
- EXCELLENT TAILLIGHT AND BACK UP BATTERY: Bicycle helmet with LED back light in the shape of diamond, 3 lighting modes - steady, slow flashing and fast flashing help people behind you clearly recognized your direction. A button in the middle of the light makes you turn it on easily. And an extra back-up battery is included as bonus. If you need to buy a light separately, please search “B07BQR68CY”.
- DETACHABLE BRIM VISOR STYLISH DESIGN: Cycling helmet with special design of sun visor shield provides shade when biking, so that you can enjoy cycling even in hot days, and you can take off the visor off when you don't want it. If you need to buy a visor separately, please search “B07FKKTN3J”.
- GOOD HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE ADJUST SYSTERM: The biking helmet goes with a standard size, equipped with the easy-use dial system and side straps make this cycle helmet adjustable to fit most cycling riders both men and women. Size: 57cm-62cm/22.44’’-24.41’’. Weight: 270g/0.59lbs.
- VENTILATION SUPER COMFORTABLE: 22 integrated flow vents help to keep cyclists cool. Meanwhile it is also helpful to increase the speed. The inner sponge lining can unpick to wash, comfortable and breathable. And an extra portable backpack is included in every package as bonus, if you need to buy a bag separately, please search “B07PXHHSDQ”.
- Dual Certified skateboarding and bike helmet with ABS shell and impact-absorbing EPS foam liner
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Bike and ASTM F-1492 Skate safety standards
- Ideal for biking, skateboarding, scooters, BMX, roller derby, and commuting
- Includes two different sets of removable, moisture-wicking Sweatsaver Fit Pads to customize fit; adjustable chin strap with side release buckle
- Size XS/S fits 18.9 – 21.25 in (48 – 54 cm), S/M fits 21.5 – 22.75 in (55 – 58 cm), L/XL 23.25 – 24 in (59 – 61 cm); manufacturer’s 180-day warranty
- Fits head sizes: 54-58 cm
- True Fit ensures a comfortable fit
- Sixteen vents keep you extra cool
- Tapeless technology and built-in visor
- Pinch Guard ensures pinch-free buckling
Five Reasons to Use a Bike Helmet
Prevent Head Injury
“American Family Physician” claims that head injuries cause by far the most fatalities and long-term disabilities when it comes to cycling accidents. Around 22 to 47 % of injured cyclists encounter head injuries, which are furthermore responsible for 60 percent of most bike-related deaths. A study released in the “Canadian Medical Organization Journal” in 2012 looked at the deaths of 129 bike riders between the years 2006 and 2009. The analysts discovered that not wearing a helmet significantly multiplied the chance of sustaining a fatal head injury. In a meta-review of six research published in the “Cochrane Library” in 2008, researchers discovered a statistically substantial reduction in mortality and head injuries happened in places that implemented helmet laws. An earlier 2007 review of studies on head injury and helmet use published in “Injury Prevention, ” concluded that helmets provide a 63 to 88 percent reduction in the risk of head and brain injury for all cyclist.
Portray a Good Example
Adults should set a good example to children, this can be applied in riding a bike. Within the “Journal of Safety Research, ” a study published in 2010 found that from 2001 to 2003, only 48 percent of 5- to 14-year-olds put on bike helmets when riding. This age bracket is at the highest chance of bicycle-related injuries. Older children may be hesitant to wear helmets because they appear uncool or awkward. If you don’t wear one, children will have trouble seeing the worth and importance of wearing a helmet.
Riding on the road in traffic shows numerous risks. Oftentimes, accidents occur because drivers have a hard time seeing the bicyclist. A bike helmet along with reflective strips can make you a lot more noticeable to motorists, particularly in the pre-dawn or early night hours. Select a brightly colored helmet so drivers can see you much better during the day as well.
You wouldn’t plan to ride a bike when there is a storm, yet weather can be unforeseen — especially if you are riding an extensive distance. Wearing a helmet furthermore protects you from climate hazards, including intense sunlight, hail, and rain. A few companies also promote winter helmets that help keep you keep warm when riding in cold temperatures.
Stay Clear of a Ticket
Universal bicycle helmet laws do not exist in the United States. However, 21 states, as well as the District of Columbia, possess helmet laws that affect riders younger than 16 years. Some local laws do require helmets be used by all cyclists, regardless of age. Make the helmet a routine so you are always in conformity with the law no matter where you are riding.
How to Find the Perfect Bike Helmet
The helmet’s primary function, of course, is to protect your head from impact. To do this, helmets come with a thick polystyrene or polypropylene foam lining beneath the hard plastic shell, of which absorbs the shock of a collision. All BIKE helmets sold in America meet the same CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) standards.
Replace the helmet after a critical impact. In spite of how it looks, there might be invisible dents that compromise the helmet’s condition. You should also replace your helmet every five years because of UV degradation and regular wear and tear.
More expensive helmets are commonly accessible in different sizes that provide an additional protection and comfortable fit. Less expensive helmets usually come with a universal sizing ring that suits a wide range of head sizes.
All helmets list the head circumference it’s designed for. To figure out yours, wrap a flexible measuring tape around the widest part of your head, about 1 inch above your eyebrows. For children, their helmet’s circumferences are between 18 and 22.5 inches.
Find the Right Fit
The helmet must be put on horizontally on your head, not tipped forward or back. Generally, the front rim rides an inch or so above the eyebrows, though this can vary a little based on design. The inner band should wrap comfortably and perfectly around your head-not too tight, but not so loose that the helmet easily moves about.
The chin-strap should create a “V” shape in front of and behind each ear. Make sure there’s no binding or chafing. The strap should also not be placed tightly. To check if it is too tight, check if you can slide two fingers side by side between your chin and the strap.
Helmet vents improve wind-flow over your head, keeping you cooler and more comfortable as you ride. The more extra vents you have, the lighter the helmet will be.
Healthy4LifeOnline gives you the best Bike Helmets on the market today. Our top-rated lists are fresh and current so you get the best options.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2020-01-28