Healthy4LifeOnline delivers the top 25 rated balance pads on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Designed to enhance your fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Balance Pads Improve Stability
- Get More Out of Your Workout
- Balance Pads Reduce Back Pain
- Balance Pads Improve Motor Skills
- Fitness Pads are commonly used in Conditioning and Rehabilitation
Top 25 Best Balance Pads Reviewed
- HIGH-QUALITY CLOSED CELL FOAM: Constructed of super soft and durable EVA foam to add more durability & safety
- 15.5" LENGTH x 13.5" WIDTH x 2" HEIGHT TEXTURED NON-SLIP SURFACE: Textured sweat proof surface provides additional grip, prevents slipping or sliding even in sweaty workouts
- VERSATILE BALANCE PAD: Perfect for all ages and fitness levels. Can be used to increase the difficulty of common exercises like, lunges, push-ups, squats, sit-ups, and yoga poses
- THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS: Specially designed to increase balance and used in rehab, physical therapy, physio. Perfect for seniors who need something gentle on their joints
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY: Our high-quality product comes with 5-year warranty and 60-day free return to give you the best satisfaction for every purchase
- High Quality Material : made of eco-friendly TPE material, which is soft and durable for long-term use, achieving the perfect combination of soft and firm, especially ideal for balance training.
- Slip-Resistant Surface: Innovative non-slip textured surface is water-proof and pre-sanitized, ensuring safety and effectiveness in training. It can be easily cleaned with water and cloth.
- Best for Balance Training: Challenge your yoga poses or increase the difficulty level of training exercises such as squats, sit ups, lunges, pushups and planks. Great for stability, flexibility training and injury prevention.
- Convenience on Your Way: 15.5"L x 13.5"W x 2"H is enough for your balance training, lightweight and portable, easily to stash into your gym bag for a free practice at anywhere and anytime.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: if you are not satisfied with it, we give you your full payment back. No questions asked! We offer a 100% satisfaction Guarantee!
- INTENSIFY YOUR WORKOUTS: Improve your balance, increase mobility and stamina, strengthen your core muscles and tone your whole body, while protecting your sensitive back and knees with this premium quality balance training tool! Dimensions: 16" x 13.5" x 2".
- SPEED UP RECOVERY: Incredibly versatile, this balance pad is the ideal physical therapy and rehabilitation tool, as it speeds up recovery and prevents further injuries, allowing you to get back to your favourite sport sooner! It can also double as a lumbar support or feet cushion for maximum comfort.
- USE WITH HUNDREADS OF EXERCISES: Perfect for your daily Yoga or Pilates workouts, this extra-large, soft balance trainer will make your squats, lunges, push-ups, knee lifts and single leg balancing exercises more challenging, taking your fitness routine to the next level. Use barefoot, with socks or trainers and get maximum results from your workouts. (Note: Product life will be longer when used barefoot.)
- GREAT FOR HEAVY USE: Boasting tear and waterproof, thick foam with a smooth, easy to clean finish and a sleek logo that won't fade or smudge, this durable balance training pad promises to outlast all your previous ones and look like new for years to come!
- FREE BONUS GIFTS: Together with your balance pad you will also receive a FREE premium quality yoga strap and exercise BONUS eBook to complete your gear. Backed by a lifetime money back guarantee, you have nothing to lose! So what are you waiting for? Grab yours today!
- EXTRA LARGE SIZE - 19" x 15" x 2.3", perfect size for balance training purpose. You will feel secure and improve coordination, motor skills & balance.
- NON-SLIP TEXTURED SURFACE - Innovative non-slip textured surface promises extra safety and effectiveness. The material won't absorb water and easy clean.
- SOFT, ENVIRONMENTAL & LIGHTWEIGHT FOAM - The balance pad is made of high quality which is degradable and no smell. It is soft but could quickly restore shape. The thickness of 2.3" gives much more comfortable on feet, you will be more active while standing. It weights 1 lb and is easy to carry.
- SUIT FOR MORE BALANCE TRAINING - The pad's destabilizing feature automatically activates your back and abdominal muscles. Professional for physical therapy, injury prevention, athletic conditioning, core strengthening, yoga, dance, balance and proprioception.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - We fully stand behind our products, if you do not 100% satisfaction, contact us with no hesitation. Our team will definitely fix your problem.
- Unique closed-cell design allows user to slightly sink into the mat, creating instability
- Body weight causes person to sink into soft mat creating instability
- Easy to clean and long-lasting
- Airex Balance Pad Non-slip Elite Blue Dimensions: 19.69x16.14x2.36 inches
- 14in/35cm in diameter, large spiky dimples on one side (for standing), very small dimples on the reverse side (for sitting).
- Free 8-inch hand pump included for easy inflation. Cushion is delivered deflated. No instructional DVD. Presented in a nice COLOR box.
- Durable & safe: Contains no banned phthalates and heavy metal elements in the US. Helps improve balance, coordination and flexibility; Good for active sitting, muscle strengthening, and joint stabilization.
- Instruction: To inflate, the pin from the pump must break through the valve to reach inside of the cushion, or the pin hole would be BLOCKED by the valve wall preventing air to enter. To release the air from the cushion, just insert the pin without the barrel of the pump. Find the valve in the cushion on the 4th outer ring--one spiky dimple is replaced by the valve inside of a small hole.
- Seller Warranty: Should pump be faulty or cushion defective, please 'Contact Seller' directly (other than Amazon Customer Service) from Amazon Buyer Central against your order for a replacement or refund. Seller aims to provide hassle-free after-sales service and usually replies most emails in 12 hours.
- SPEEDS UP RECOVERY FROM SURGERY OR INJURY: Use padded cushion as a support in sitting or standing rehab activities and physical therapy exercises. Aids rehabilitation as a result of surgery or leg and ankle injuries such as sprains and fractures. Increases mobility and repairs and strengthens muscles and joints quickly and safely to help you get back on your feet again. Lightweight and versatile physical therapy equipment for use in rehab or exercise
- MULTIPLE USES FROM ONE PURCHASE: The pad can be used as a seat cushion for an office chair to improve your posture and prevent pain in your back or coccyx. As well as a chair cushion the pad would work as a wheelchair cushion or pregnancy seat cushion. The pad is also great as an anti fatigue mat, standing mat or fatigue mat for standing desk. Also the balance cushion can be used as an orthopedic knee pad or yoga knee pad
- GET A BETTER WORKOUT IMPROVE YOUR BALANCE: The firm but flexible gym pad is one of the safest ways to improve balance. It's destabilizing properties strengthens stabilizer muscles, improves joint stability, restores motor skills and helps prevent injuries. Challenge your yoga poses or increase the difficulty level of training exercises such as squats, sit ups, lunges, pushups and as a plank mat
- SAFE TO USE AND EASY TO KEEP CLEAN: The balance trainer is made from non toxic TPE, the textured slip-resistant surface is waterproof to prevent slipping and sliding even during sweaty workouts. Closed-cell foam technology prevents sweat and dirt from penetrating its surface so your mat stays germ and odor-free. Simply wipe with a wet cloth to keep sanitary and looking like new
- ORDER TODAY, RISK FREE: We love our customers! Our mission is to bring you the best yoga products on the market so you can get the most out of your personal yoga journey. That's why we offer our special "Namaste" warranty. In the unlikely event you're not 100% happy with your purchase, we'll send you a free replacement or give you a full refund, no questions asked!
- Light weight and strong Balance Training Board
- Ideal to train your way back to full fitness
- Helps integrate balance into every aspect of sports performance and rehabilitation
- Perfect for strengthening weak ankles and your core muscles
- Excellent for after injury
- XL Size: 19"x15"x2.3", Great for balance, mobility, standing stability and motor-skill training
- IMPROVE YOUR BALANCE AND COORDINATION. Standing on the pad will challenge all of your tiny stabilizing muscles in your ankles, knees and hips. You will also improve your motor skills spending just 10 minutes per day standing on one leg.
- REHAB AND REPAIR SAFELY AND QUICKLY. Recover from fractures, sprains, injuries safely. Used widely in physical therapy settings. The soft pad supports knees and elbows, allowing muscles and bones to repair and strengthen safely.
- STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE AND PROTECT YOUR BACK. Challenge your yoga balance poses and arm balances. The pad's destabilizing feature automatically activates your back and abdominal muscles.
- USE AT YOUR STAND UP DESK OR AS A SITTING SUPPORT. Stand on your pad while working to keep your core engaged and joints supported. Also a great sitting "cushion" low back and pelvis injuries as well as providing extra height in your chair.
- IMPROVE BALANCE: Whether you need a padded yoga pad, a balance, strength and stability trainer or an injury rehabilitation tool, this versatile kneeling pad is up to the task. Add to Cart NOW to Enjoy This Balance Pad in 48 Hours with Amazon Prime.
- TEXTURED SURFACE FOR BAREFOOT GRIP: We use a variety of ridges and textures on the surface of our balance foam pad that allow your feet to get a solid grip without locking into place. This lets you train more safely and ensures you get the most from each workout without sliding around the pad. If you're using it as a standing desk, your feet will easily stay in place as long as you're barefoot. That's key!
- FREE E-BOOK: Not sure how to best utilize your balance board for a particular training regimen? With your purchase we include instructions to download your bonus E-book, which explains workout and injury rehabilitation techniques in great detail.
- BUILT FOR LONG-TERM USE: Created with extra-thick, non-odor-absorbent foam, the exercise padded mat is durable enough to maintain its shape during extended sessions - whether as a yoga pad, a standing desk or anything in between. If used barefoot as instructed, the exercise balance pad will maintain its shape indefinitely. The non-odor-absorbent material in this foam balance trainer means it will look, feel and smell like new even after many months of use.
- LIFE-TIME MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: You read that right. If you are not happy, just let us know, and we will arrange for a prompt refund or product replacement. So whether you're making a comeback from a debilitating injury, you need a superior surface on which to practice your yoga or pilates, or you're on a mission to increase your core strength and stability, the Balance Pad from Fitnessery is a tool you don't want to be without. Order yours today; just click Add To Cart!
- Oval-shaped, soft blue pad made of closed-cell foam is the intermediate level of Theraband progressive stability and balance exercise products and is more difficult than the firm green foam pad
- For balance and proprioception training, core, upper and lower extremity strength and stability training, ankle range of motion and flexibility training, sensorimotor training, closed kinetic chain exercises, targeted injury prevention and strengthening
- Use as single bad for single leg balance training, or place two pads on the floor and challenge yourself to squat or balance with the foam pads below both feet to create an unstable surface
- TheraBand balance products are available in four densities to provide a progressive system of balance training for rehab, post-rehab conditioning and fitness applications
- Contains (1) - Blue, Soft, Intermediate, 16" x 9" x 2" Pad
- Balance disc promotes core stability, strengthens muscle tone, improves balance and body posture.
- Used as a wiggle seat to provide sensory input, and to help calm children that have a hard time sitting still.
- Ergonomic seating, relieves back pain and shoulder aches
- Balance cushion provides an unstable surface to exercise on, requiring you to use more muscles to stay balanced.
- Ships inflated, includes a pump for adjustments. Stability disc size: 13 inches / 33 cm diameter
- HEAVY DUTY CUSTOM DESIGNED ECO FOAM - The premium eco-friendly (recyclable and non-toxic) foam in this balance pad (measuring 15.5" x 12.5" x 2.5") is custom designed and precision tested to create the ideal amount of destabilisation for balance/stability exercises, padding for ground training workouts and comfort for joints whilst stretching.
- YOGA STRETCHING STRAP TO PREVENT INJURY - Elite fitness athletes and yogis alike have long used stretching to prevent injuries in sport AND life. This strap unlocks further range and is the perfect accessory (especially with a balance pad) for anyone who finds certain stretches uncomfortable or for experts wishing to stretch deeper.
- 100% HAPPINESS OR YOUR MONEY BACK - At Aussie Fitness Co, we believe that you deserve complete confidence in your purchase. That's why we back our product with a premium 90-day, no-hassle, money back guarantee! Plus we include a FREE EBOOK to help you learn how to use your balance pad and stretching strap effectively.
- THE SMART CHOICE FOR EVERYONE - Due to its multipurpose, orthopaedic design, this foam balance cushion is not only ideal for fitness beginners, experienced yoga enthusiasts and pro athletes... It's also been found to be a lifesaver when used for therapeutic physical therapy exercises by seniors and the injured.
- THE BEST ALL-IN-ONE WORKOUT ACCESSORY BUNDLE - This bundle, is going to become your favorite and makes the perfect gift! The superior foam workout balance pad comes in three great colours (black, blue & purple). PLUS included with the FREE yoga stretching strap is also a FREE canvas carrying bag (perfect for taking it to the park or gym)!
- DURABLE BALANCE PAD: Superior 100% TPE material - one of the most eco-friendly materials and amazing lightweight, with good resilience, non-slip and waterproof surface, easy to clean, uneasy to be distorted after using.
- VERSATILE BALANCE PAD: Designed with innovation, our balance pads are perfect for supporting in sitting or standing rehab activities and physical therapy exercises, balance training, yoga, and dancing. Strengthens body core and increase the difficulty levels of training like: squats, push-ups, lunges, spine balance, planks, sit-ups, yoga poses, step up & down and underwater balance. Convenient tool builds up bone resilience, muscles in a safe and stable way for whole body.
- FOR ANYONE AT ALL AGES: Foam cushion balance suits not only newcomers in gymnastics well but also veterans in yoga, elite athletes... It is a significant life jacket for the elderly in physiotherapy and people in injury recovery
- MULTIPLE CHOICES: We offer 3 colors: Blue, Black, Purple and 2 different dimensions: XLarge -19x15x2.25"; Large - 15.75x14x2" - easy for you to pick your preferred color and appropriate size.
- WARRANTY & GUIDELINE: 5-year & 60-day satisfaction warranty. Each balance foam pad, we also include an exercise guideline to help you use and practice with it effectively.
- IDEAL DENSITY - Balance pads are not all created equal. Our custom soft density is specifically designed to benefit the widest range of users, from beginners to the very experienced. To get started off right, an instruction guide is included in the package. The Infinafit balance pad is suitable for home, gym and office use.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIAL - For long term durability and consistent density for years or maximal benefit only 100% TPE non-toxic eco-friendly foam is utilized
- CLOSED CELL TECHNOLOGY - Hygienic, water and sweat proof, and easy to clean. Textured surface is slip-resistant for safety.
- JUST THE RIGHT SIZE & THICKNESS - 17 x 13 x 2.4 inches. Customized size makes it comfortable for a wide range of exercises yet conveniently portable and light. The 2.4 inch thickness provides intermediate destabilization to the widest range of users.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Love your balance pad or return it for a full refund if it does not exceed your expectations.
- IMPROVE BALANCE AND POSTURE: Increasing core strength, the balance disc improves posture and balance when used on a seat or on the floor while standing. Providing effective tension release, the balance disc relieves back pain and reduces fatigue, elevating energy levels for those who remain seated throughout the day. Used on a chair, the balance cushion creates an active experience, promoting greater focus and concentration while improving posture and overall stability.
- STABILIZE, STRENGTHEN AND TONE MUSCLES: Use in conjunction with any workout routine for increased effectiveness. The unstable disc requires more muscle activation to maintain your balance, increasing stability and strengthening and toning core, leg and back muscles.
- NONSLIP, TEXTURED SURFACE: Dual textured surface includes both a studded massage side and a slightly raised dimpled side to provide greater traction and a secure, nonslip grip when exercising.
- TEAR-RESISTANT INFLATABLE DISC WITH AIR PUMP: Easily inflate to your desired level of firmness with the included air pump. The balance disc measures 12.5" when inflated and is constructed with a durable latex-free material that is tear and split-resistant and supports up to 440 pounds. Conveniently portable, the disc can be deflated for compact storage or travel.
- VIVE GUARANTEE: 60 day unconditional guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence
- HIGH-QUALITY CLOSED CELL FOAM: Balance Pad is made from TPE, which has no latex, or BPA.
- PAD DIMENSIONS: 15.5" length x 12.75" width x 2" height
- TEXTURED NON-SLIP SURFACE: Textured sweat proof surface provides additional grip, prevents slipping or sliding even in sweaty workouts and is tear resistant.
- VERSATILE BALANCE PAD: Perfect for all ages & fitness levels. Can be used to create a challenge to common exercises like, lunges, push-ups, squats, sit-ups, and yoga poses. Great for stability, flexibility training and injury prevention.
- THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS: This pad was specifically chosen to be MORE FIRM than other similar products in order to provide added support to injured joins and make advanced balace exercises challenging but achievable. It can be used to increase balance or for physical therapy.
- WHILE OTHER BALANCE PADS are too small, too slippery, or simply crack after multiple uses, the Gradient Fitness Balance Pad has an XL 17x13x3.5" super soft but DURABLE foam with an innovative NON-SLIP textured surface for safety and effectiveness. This means the MOST COMFORTABLE way to improve your coordination, balance, and athletic performance
- Use it for physical therapy, injury prevention, athletic conditioning, core strengthening, yoga, dance, balance, and proprioception. Super soft foam. Lightweight and durable. Ideal for professional or personal use.
- The ULTIMATE Recovery. Innovative non-slip textured surface for safety and effectiveness. Embedded logo to prevent cracking and chipping.
- Exercise on the GO with the included storage bag and exercise program.
- We believe in Premium Quality with the highest Integrity which is why we stand behind a 90 day 100% money back guarantee on all of our products.
- IMPROVE YOUR BALANCE AND COORDINATION. The Balance Pad challenges your joints and muscles to stabilize, forcing your ankles, knees and core to strengthen with just a couple of minutes practice. You will feel your overall coordination and fitness improve within a couple of days.
- USE AT YOUR STAND UP DESK! Stand on your pad while working to keep your core engaged and joints supported. This large standing desk foot pad is very comfortable for your feet.
- REHAB AND RECOVERY, SAFELY AND QUICKLY. Recover from injuries, sprains, fractures safely and fast! Commonly used in physical therapy settings. The soft balance cushion gives support and allows muscles and bones to repair and strengthen safely.
- REVOLUTIONARY FUNCTIONALITY. Perfect for the young and less-young activists of us doing either yoga, meditation or fitness. The pad can be used for yoga poses but also for exercises like squats, sit-ups, push-ups, or lunges.
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND NON-SLIP PAD. The pad exists of high-quality, closed-cell soft foam which is eco-friendly and made of comfortable texture. Technically 100% Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPA). You can practice without slipping or sliding because of the non-slip texture. The cushion is also waterproof to be your companion for a long time! Size: Large (15.7L x 13.7W x 2H)
- Improves energy levels for ACTIVE LIFESTYLE, Strengthen the CORE STABILITY muscles to RELIEVE NECK and BACK PAIN
- Used as a WIGGLE SEAT to provide SENSORY INPUT, effectively help CHILDREN STAY FOCUS and SIT STILL
- Our wobble cushion is strong enough to sit and stand on. It is made of professional grade anti-burst PVC which is eco-friendly, slip-resistant
- PERFECT FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL & HOME & OFFICE: 34cm Wobble Cushion Diameter -34cm/13.4inch , Height-7cm/2.8inch, The maximum weight limit is 450 lb. Available in multi-color and includes an easy-inflation pump
- 30-DAY NO HASSLE RETURNS & 12 MONTHS WARRANTY & LIFETIME CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Challenge your yoga balance poses and arm balances. The pad's destabilizing feature automatically activates your back and abdominal muscles.
- Stand on your pad while working to keep your core engaged and joints supported. Also a great sitting "cushion" low back and pelvis injuries as well as providing extra height in your chair.
- Improve your balance, increase mobility and stamina, strengthen your core muscles and tone your whole body, while protecting your sensitive back and knees with this premium quality balance training tool! Dimensions: 19" x 15.6" x 2.25".
- Perfect for your daily Yoga or Pilates workouts, this extra-large, soft balance trainer will make your squats, lunges, push-ups, knee lifts and single leg balancing exercises more challenging, taking your fitness routine to the next level.
- The Wacces Yoga Balance Pad is best used with bare feet or socks to ensure minimum wear and tear. It can be used with shoes if needed but will wear a little more quickly.Use barefoot, with socks or trainers and get maximum results from your workouts. (Note: Product life will be longer when used barefoot.)
- IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO ACHIEVE EASY BALANCING ON THE ROPE? I can't promise you that, but definitely will help you after injuries or just to improve / retain your balance by giving some extra loads on your feet when you're balancing on the pad.
- Improve Your Balance, Ankle Flexibility and Core Strength UNLIKE OTHER BALANCE EQUIPMENT this balance pad is safe and can be used on any surface. It is a high-quality and 2.5" thick pad with non-slip surface and perfect grip.
- High-Quality Balance Pad For a Healthy-Happy Life WE CARE ABOUT OUR COSTUMERS and we are doing our best to accomplish our costumers needs and wishes by offering good quality pad or 90-day money back.
- LOVE YOGA? Or just like to relax? Will definitely give you the extra cushion with firm core yet very soft exterior. Our extra-large size will make a perfect balance pad to anybody who that wants to go a step forward.
- UNLIKE OTHER BALANCE PADS this one has a firm core and soft exterior providing just the right amount of instability. Plus, this balance trainer is extra-large, big enough for big men with soft knees looking for gardening knee pads.
- IMPROVE & RETAIN YOUR BALANCE: This exercise pad is inherently unstable, forcing the muscles in your feet and ankles to work out, thereby strengthening them. Perfect for rehab and recuperation, or if your ankles roll like wheels.
- RELAX ON CLOUD 9: You’ll love using this as a yoga meditation cushion, it’s a slice of heaven. This meditation pillow is your very own magic carpet ride transporting you into a whole new world.
- FINALLY, A STANDING MAT YOU’LL LOVE: Imagine being able to stand at your desk through three conferences, 2 movies and a power nap... Yep. This large standing desk foot pad is that comfortable. All you have to do is stand on it for 10 minutes every day.
- BUILT LIKE A SOFT, CUSHY TANK The Fury Fitness product is built to last. Made out of closed-cell soft foam and, for you plastic savvy folks, 100% Thermoplastic Elastomers. It is non-porous, waterproof and naturally anti-microbial.
- GREAT FOR BALANCE TRAINING: Improves core strength, posture, enhances coordination, sense of balance and visual sense. Great to strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints
- DURABLE, NON SLIP SURFACE: Premium Wooden Balance Board with anti-skid pad on the surface provides a secure grip for absolute safety. 15.75 inch diameter large enough for both feet. Support up to 300 lbs
- 360 DEGREE ROTATION and 15 DEGREE TILTING ANGLE: 360 degrees rotation and up to 15 tilting degree, great to perform side to side, front to back, stretch and circular drills
- VERSATILE, COMPACT BALANCE BOARD: With the lightweight, portable design, this balance board is great for Balance Exercises, Home Gyms, Gyms, Sport Performance Enhancement, Rehabilitation, Strength and Balance Workouts
- BEST SATISFACTORY WARR: We fully stand behind our products. If our product does not meet your needs, our customer service are free-hassle to resolve your issue at once
- The CanDo balance pad measures 16 inches
- Latex Free
- These institutional quality pads can be used for individual or group use
The Benefits of A Balance Pad For Stability Training
Fitness is all about consistent exercise and good eating habits. When it comes to exercise most of us focus on cardio and weight training, and balance training seldom comes to mind. Balance training can provide excellent benefits to one’s overall health and wellness. Balance and stability training is a form of light to moderate exercise that helps train the body to use and strengthen stabilizer muscles to help us improve our balance. A balance pad / fitness pad is an excellent fitness tool designed to aid in balance training. Balance pads provide an excellent introduction to balance training. A balance pad is a thick piece of foam, made in various shapes and sizes, and is used in balance training, because of the instability of the sponge-like foam it is made of. When you stand on the foam pad you engage all of the muscles in your feet and your core to maintain balance. This improves your overall stability Fitness pads are a small investment with great benefits to your health and they are made highly durable. The foam pads are lightweight and are easy to carry from place to place, and they are very easy to clean as well. Balance pads are ideal for barefoot training or with shoes on, although it is recommended to train barefoot to preserve the integrity and quality of the pad. A balance pad differs from other types of stability tools such as wobble boards and balance boards because they engage more of the stabilizer muscles in your feet. The solid surface of a board engages primarily the muscles in the ankle. Balance pads are great fitness tools for anyone that takes part in balance training, beginners, seniors, and experienced athletes alike.
A Balance Pad Improves Stability
Stability is a very important part of everyday life. We must integrate exercise into our daily routine to keep our stabilizer muscles nice and strong, so we don’t compromise our stability. Stabilizer muscles are responsible for keeping you balanced, to help you maintain good equilibrium. Stability can be compromised in a couple of ways. As we get older, our balance and ability to maintain equilibrium become less effective. An injury is another way to hamper stability or affect the way we walk (our natural gait). Working with a fitness pads will improve balance and stability.
Get More Out of Your Workout with a Balance Pad
Fitness enthusiasts and athletes alike, will more often than not, include stability training into their workout regimen in order to enhance performance. Having good balance can improve your workout effectiveness and performance on the field. Good balance really helps when it comes to strengthening core muscles to give you better support while reducing your risk of injury. Many of the exercises you already perform quite easily can be made more challenging with the use of a foam balance pad. Fitness trainers, athletes, and fitness newbies utilize a balance pad in their workout programs, in exercises such as push-ups, planks, and body weight squats, to recruit stabilizer muscles, that will assist the primary muscle group, and promote full muscle activation.
How to Reduce Back Pain with your Balance Pad
Improving balance and strengthening your core, will strengthen those lower back muscles and help you improve your posture. Good posture and a strong back will allow you to walk, run, workout, even get up out of a chair pain-free. Back pain is often the result of weak back muscles and poor posture. Balance pads improve posture, strengthen core muscles and help reduce back pain caused by not having good posture and a strong core.
Improve Your Motor Skills with Balance Pad Training
Good motor skills at every age are important. Children, teenagers, adults, and especially seniors, benefit greatly from sharp motor skills. Motor skills improvement comes with better strength, balance, stability, and coordination. These are all skills we can improve upon by using our balance pad. A balance pad can be especially helpful as we move into adulthood. We all need to keep our motor skills and reaction times sharp as we age.
Conditioning and Rehabilitation – Balance Pad Physical Therapy
Balance pads play an integral role in some injury and post surgical rehab treatment. Physical therapists will use stability rehab as a way of increasing mobility and strengthen muscles after an injury or surgical procedure. The soft composition and non-slip surface of a balance pad make it an excellent choice for a Physical Therapists prescriptive treatment plan to incorporate balance pads in their therapies. Here are a few examples of how a balance pad can be used in rehabilitative services. Balance pads have been used in rehabilitation for:
- Knee surgery
- ACL injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Hip replacement
- Pain management
Why Choose a Balance Pad / Fitness Pad?
Balance pads are a versatile piece of exercise equipment, with many uses. Balance pads can be used in a light warmup, or as an essential part of your balance and stability training. A balance pad can also be used as an integral part of a strength training workout. Balance pads have also been used when practicing yoga. A balance pad can be used as a substitute for a yoga mat to further increase and improve balance and stamina. And lastly, balance pads have been used successfully in the medical field by Physical therapists, using it as an important tool to help their patients rehab and recover more quickly and to help them regain their balance, strength, and mobility. There are various types of balance aids to use. Balance pads tend to be the safest because of its flat, soft surface, with less risk of falling off the pad. Below is an example of several exercises you can do with your balance pad.
Foam Pad Balance Exercises
Here’s a quick list of some of the best balance exercises we use every day.
Step Ups: Place your balance bad on a box, elevated platform or fitness step. Step up on the pad one foot at a time, stabilize, and then step down. Repeat for 10-15 repetitions for each leg.
One-Leg Stands: To strengthen your ankles and knees one leg stands can really work those lower leg stabilizers. Stand on your balance pad with 2 feet. Slowly raise one leg and stand balanced on one leg for a count of ten seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
Crawls: Start these in a pushup position with one or both feet on the floor and the balance pad situated to the left or right of the hands. Move the outside hand over the near hand and onto the pad. Reverse the movement and repeat.
Lunges: Stand with both feet either on or off the balance pad. Lunge forward, onto or off the pad. Stabilize and return to the upright or starting position. Try these laterally, to the rear or as crossovers.
Push-ups: Perform these with hands on opposite corners of the balance pad and feet stacked out to one side. As a variation, try performing push-ups with one hand on the pad and the other on the floor.
Single Leg Squats – Stand on the balance pad on one foot, holding a medicine ball or dumbbells in front of you at waist level. Squat to a below parallel position while extending the medicine ball or dumbbells forward. Return to the upright position and repeat on both sides. Variations: Practice this exercise on a stable surface first and then try it on a plyo box or step.
Single-Leg Biceps Curl – This is a great full-body workout that targets multiple muscle groups simultaneously. For this exercise, you will need a pair of dumbbells (5-10 pounds). Stand on the pad with feet placed equally apart while holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Slowly raise one leg up to form a 90-degree angle at the hip and knee. Maintain balance on the one leg as you proceed to do a classic biceps curl bringing the dumbbells up to your shoulders, bending your elbows out then slowly bring the dumbbells back down. Repeat the step with the opposite leg, carrying out 6 reps each.Standing on your balance pad with a pair of dumbbells in your hands, slowly raise one leg until you feel balanced. Then begin to do traditional curls. As a variation, you can do alternating curls which challenge you even more with balance.
These are only some of the best balance exercises, we will add more in the future, so keep coming back to this page for more updates and information on new ways to use your foam balance pad.
Safely using your Balance Pad
Before starting any exercise program, you should first consult your physician to be sure balance training is right for you. You should always discuss any medical conditions or special needs you have that may make balance training not ideal.
Always place the pad on a stable surface: The soft composition of the pad creates optimal instability. Never place it on a surface that may not be sturdy or can wobble beneath the pad as this can lead to injury. The ideal placement is on the floor and near something sturdy, such as a counter or wall, to grab onto if you feel as though you are going to fall.
Stop at the sign of pain: If you feel any pain from exercising with your balance pad, stop immediately and consult your physician. Adding a balance pad to your workout can be an excellent way to challenge your body and improve your balance and mobility. Start slowly with your balance pad and get a feel for the unstable environment you are exposing to your body. Proceed to more difficult exercises as you become more comfortable with your balance pad.
A Balance Pad is a high-quality piece of exercise equipment and is perfectly suited for exercise, physical therapy, rehabilitation and various other activities like yoga and stretching. Seniors will enjoy it for stability training because it’s comfortable and safe to use. Be creative and incorporate the use of a balance cushion into your life.
Balance Pad Exercises for Seniors
Fun balance exercises for elderly people, using a balance pad, is easy to use, and a lightweight piece of equipment to add to your exercise program. Balance pad exercises for seniors are a great way to keep active, build strength, and increase mobility. Please be sure to have a partner or perform the following exercises next to a stable chair or a wall, to hold if need be while performing the following exercises. Below are 5 excellent balance exercises for seniors to do at home, their local gym, or a community senior center.
• 2 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step onto the balance pad with both feet. When you feel your balance, slowly let go of your partner’s hand, stable object, or wall. Continue to stand maintaining your balance for a short period of time that is comfortable for you. For example, 30 seconds, then step off. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat.
• 1 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step onto the balance pad with both feet. When you feel your balance, raise one foot slowly off of the pad to balance on one foot. When performing this exercise it is a good idea to continue to hold on to your partner, a stable object or the nearby wall until you feel your balance is good enough to progress to standing on one foot without any assistance.
• Front Step Over: Holding the hand of your partner, step with your right foot first, on to the balance pad, then step with your left foot over the pad to the floor in front of you. Finish off the exercise by stepping off with the right foot. You should now be standing on the floor in front of the balance pad. Turn to face the balance pad and now repeat with the left leg first stepping on the balance pad and the right foot stepping over. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
• Side Step Over: Holding the hand of your partner, stand with the balance pad on the side of your right foot. Step onto the balance pad with your right foot followed by the left (both feet should be on the balance pad) then step off with the right and then step off with the left. The balance pad is now on the side of the left foot. Now go back the other way leading with the left leg and following with the right leg. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
• Balance Pad Squat: Stand on the balance pad with both arms straight out in front of you. Have your partner hold your hands if you have difficulty with your balance. Squat down as low as you can without discomfort, or as low as if you were sitting in a chair, and then stand straight up again. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
These dynamic balance exercises for elderly people are an excellent way for them to strengthen their ankles and legs, and increase mobility. Balance pads are used everyday in physical therapy balance exercises for elderly, making balance pads the #1 choice for Physical Therapists in the U.S.A. Ask your Doctor or Physical Therapist for a balance exercises for seniors handout, with specific exercises that are recommended for you at your next visit.
Other Resources You Should Check Out...
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-04-24