Healthy4LifeOnline delivers the top 25 rated balance pads on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Designed to enhance your fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Balance Pads Improve Stability
- Get More Out of Your Workout
- Balance Pads Reduce Back Pain
- Balance Pads Improve Motor Skills
- Fitness Pads are commonly used in Conditioning and Rehabilitation
Top 25 Best Balance Pads Reviewed
- The # 1 recommended balance pad by Physical Therapists and Personal Trainers. They are developed by Fitness Professionals and Physical Therapists with a passion for fitness, safety, and quality. Pharmx Fit balance pads give you the most consistent firmness and feel during your fitness work, functional training and rehab sessions.
- Pharmx Fit Balance Pads are made of the highest quality closed cell EVA foam to add more durability and safety. They are tear resistant and ultra long lasting. They are sanitized to prevent bacterial and fungal growth. Easy to clean with a damp cloth. Made with a patented textured surface to prevent sliding or slipping even during a sweaty workout.
- Pharmx Fit Balance Pads are perfect for stability and balance work during rehab and functional sports training and conditioning.
- Pharmx Fit Balance Pads are great for balance, mobility, standing stability, and motor-skill training. Balance Pads improve joint stability through moderate instability. They are perfect for seniors to lessen the stress on their joints.
- Non-slip surface – perfect for workouts without shoes
- 16″X14″ – The perfect size
- Available in 5 colors
- Comes with Balance Pad, Carrying Bag and Exercise Guide
- Starting from $19.99
- IDEAL DENSITY - Intermediate soft density specifically designed to benefit the widest range of users, from beginners to the very experienced. Instruction guide included in the package to get you started. Suitable for home, gym and office use.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIAL - 100% TPE non-toxic and eco-friendly foam utilized for long term durability and consistent density for years of maximal benefit.
- CLOSED CELL TECHNOLOGY - Water and sweat proof, hygienic, and easy to clean. Textured surface is slip-resistant for safety.
- Right SIZE & THICKNESS - 17 x 13 x 2.4 inches. Customized size makes it comfortable for a wide range of exercises yet conveniently portable and light. The 2.4 inch thickness provides intermediate destabilization to the widest range of users.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Love your balance pad or return it for a full refund if it does not exceed your expectations.
- ★ IMPROVE BALANCE: Whether you need a padded yoga pad, a balance, strength and stability trainer or an injury rehabilitation tool, this versatile kneeling pad is up to the task. Add to Cart NOW to Enjoy This Balance Pad in 48 Hours with Amazon Prime.
- ★ TEXTURED SURFACE FOR BAREFOOT GRIP: We use a variety of ridges and textures on the surface of our balance foam pad that allow your feet to get a solid grip without locking into place. This lets you train more safely and ensures you get the most from each workout without sliding around the pad. If you're using it as a standing desk, your feet will easily stay in place as long as you're barefoot. That's key!
- ★ FREE E-BOOK: Not sure how to best utilize your balance board for a particular training regimen? With your purchase we include instructions to download your bonus E-book, which explains workout and injury rehabilitation techniques in great detail.
- ★ BUILT FOR LONG-TERM USE: Created with extra-thick, non-odor-absorbent foam, the exercise padded mat is durable enough to maintain its shape during extended sessions - whether as a yoga pad, a standing desk or anything in between. If used barefoot as instructed, the exercise balance pad will maintain its shape indefinitely. The non-odor-absorbent material in this foam balance trainer means it will look, feel and smell like new even after many months of use.
- ★ LIFE-TIME MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: You read that right. If you are not happy, just let us know, and we will arrange for a prompt refund or product replacement. So whether you're making a comeback from a debilitating injury, you need a superior surface on which to practice your yoga or pilates, or you're on a mission to increase your core strength and stability, the Balance Pad from Fitnessery is a tool you don't want to be without. Order yours today; just click Add To Cart!
- 14in/35cm in diameter, large spiky dimples on one side (for standing), very small dimples on the reverse side (for sitting).
- Free 8-inch hand pump included for easy inflation. Cushion is delivered deflated. No instructional DVD. Presented in a nice COLOR box.
- Durable & safe: Contains no banned phthalates and heavy metal elements in the US. Helps improve balance, coordination and flexibility; Good for active sitting, muscle strengthening, and joint stabilization.
- Instruction: To inflate, the pin from the pump must break through the valve to reach inside of the cushion, or the pin hole would be BLOCKED by the valve wall preventing air to enter. To release the air from the cushion, just insert the pin without the barrel of the pump. Find the valve in the cushion on the 4th outer ring--one spiky dimple is replaced by the valve inside of a small hole.
- Seller Warranty: Should pump be faulty or cushion defective, please 'Contact Seller' directly (other than Amazon Customer Service) from Amazon Buyer Central against your order for a replacement or refund. Seller aims to provide hassle-free after-sales service and usually replies most emails in 12 hours.
- ✮ EXTRA LARGE SIZE ✮ - 19" x 15" x 2.3", perfect size for balance training purpose. You will feel secure and improve coordination, motor skills & balance.
- ✮ NON-SLIP TEXTURED SURFACE ✮ - Innovative non-slip textured surface promises extra safety and effectiveness. The material won't absorb water and easy clean.
- ✮ SOFT, ENVIRONMENTAL & LIGHTWEIGHT FOAM✮ - The balance pad is made of high quality TPE Foam which is degradable and no smell. It is soft but could quickly restore shape. The thickness of 2.3" gives much more comfortable on feet, you will be more active while standing. It weights 1 lb and is easy to carry.
- ✮ SUIT FOR MORE BALANCE TRAINING ✮ - The pad's destabilizing feature automatically activates your back and abdominal muscles. Professional for physical therapy, injury prevention, athletic conditioning, core strengthening, yoga, dance, balance and proprioception.
- ✮ LIFETIME WARRANTY ✮ - We fully stand behind our products, if you do not 100% satisfaction, contact us with no hesitation. Our team will definitely fix your problem.
- Use it for physical therapy, injury prevention, athletic conditioning, core strengthening, yoga, dance, balance, and proprioception.
- Super soft foam. Lightweight and durable. Ideal for professional or personal use.
- nnovative non-slip textured surface for safety and effectiveness. Embedded logo to prevent cracking and chipping.
- Exercise on the go with the included storage bag and exercise program.
- 90 day 100% money back guarantee. Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 2.5 in.
- ▲ Improves energy levels for ACTIVE LIFESTYLE, Strengthen the CORE STABILITY muscles to RELIEVE NECK and BACK PAIN
- ▲ Used as a WIGGLE SEAT to provide SENSORY INPUT, effectively help CHILDREN STAY FOCUS and SIT STILL
- ▲ Our wobble cushion is strong enough to sit and stand on. It is made of professional grade anti-burst PVC which is eco-friendly, slip-resistant
- ▲ PERFECT FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL & HOME & OFFICE: 34cm Wobble Cushion Diameter -34cm/13.4inch , Height-7cm/2.8inch, The maximum weight limit is 450 lb. Available in multi-color and includes an easy-inflation pump
- ▲ 30-DAY NO HASSLE RETURNS & 12 MONTHS REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
- HIGH-QUALITY CLOSED CELL FOAM: Balance Pad is made from TPE, which has no latex, or BPA.
- PAD DIMENSIONS: 15.5" length x 12.75" width x 2" height
- TEXTURED NON-SLIP SURFACE: Textured sweat proof surface provides additional grip, prevents slipping or sliding even in sweaty workouts and is tear resistant.
- VERSATILE BALANCE PAD: Perfect for all ages & fitness levels. Can be used to create a challenge to common exercises like, lunges, push-ups, squats, sit-ups, and yoga poses. Great for stability, flexibility training and injury prevention.
- THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS: This pad was specifically chosen to be MORE FIRM than other similar products in order to provide added support to injured joins and make advanced balace exercises challenging but achievable. It can be used to increase balance or for physical therapy.
- ✅ HEAVY DUTY CUSTOM DESIGNED ECO FOAM - The premium eco-friendly (recyclable and non-toxic) foam in this balance pad (measuring 15.5" x 12.5" x 2.5") is custom designed and precision tested to create the ideal amount of destabilisation for balance/stability exercises, padding for ground training workouts and comfort for joints whilst stretching.
- ✅ YOGA STRETCHING STRAP TO PREVENT INJURY - Elite fitness athletes and yogis alike have long used stretching to prevent injuries in sport AND life. This strap unlocks further range and is the perfect accessory (especially with a balance pad) for anyone who finds certain stretches uncomfortable or for experts wishing to stretch deeper.
- ✅ 100% HAPPINESS OR YOUR MONEY BACK - At Aussie Fitness Co, we believe that you deserve complete confidence in your purchase. That's why we back our product with a premium 90-day, no-hassle, money back guarantee! Plus we include a FREE EBOOK to help you learn how to use your balance pad and stretching strap effectively.
- ✅ THE SMART CHOICE FOR EVERYONE - Due to its multipurpose, orthopaedic design, this foam balance cushion is not only ideal for fitness beginners, experienced yoga enthusiasts and pro athletes... It's also been found to be a lifesaver when used for therapeutic physical therapy exercises by seniors and the injured.
- ✅ THE BEST ALL-IN-ONE WORKOUT ACCESSORY BUNDLE - This bundle, is going to become your favorite and makes the perfect gift! The superior foam workout balance pad comes in three great colours (black, blue & purple). PLUS included with the FREE yoga stretching strap is also a FREE canvas carrying bag (perfect for taking it to the park or gym)!
- Oval-shaped, color coded pad made of durable PVC, inflated with air with rounded points that provided tactile stimulation on one side, features sturdy edges that prevent ankle-roll
- For balance and proprioception training, core, upper and lower extremity strength and stability training, ankle range of motion and flexibility training, sensorimotor training, closed kinetic chain exercises, targeted injury prevention and strengthening
- Two options for use: one surface with rounded points providing tactile inputs for sensorimotor training; and the opposite surface with an anti-skid bars that resist slipping
- TheraBand balance products are available in four densities to provide a progressive system of balance training for rehab, post-rehab conditioning and fitness applications
- UNIQUE DOUBLE LAYERED CLOSED CELL FOAM TECHNOLOGY for Balance and Core Strength Training. - Also Ideal as a Pad for Hand Stand Push ups
- RED LAYER Helps Balance, Mobility and Stability and BLACK LAYER is specially designed for motor-skill training
- Perfect size for the gym, at home or for travel: LENGTH: 15.5" x WIDTH: 13.5" x HEIGHT: 2". Includes Carrying Bag.
- NON-SLIP TEXTURE: The WODFitters Balance Pad has non-slip texture on both sides to make any exercise safe to perform.
- Ideal for Handstand Push Up Practice, Balance Training, Mobility Training and Physical Therapy. Perfect for adults, kids and even seniors.
- Dimensions: Approx. 19.7" × 16.1" × 2.4"
- Weight: Approx. 1.5 lbs
- Balance Pad Elite is the further development of the proven Balance Pad
- Due to the yielding foam, the body is constantly challenged in order to maintain balance and stabilise the joints
- special waffle textures on the upper and lower sides is slip-resistant on the one hand and simultaneously provides pleasant stimulation of the foot receptors during barefoot balance training
- ❶ AIR STABILITY WOBBLE CUSHION can reduces physical instability, fatigue and pain, improves energy levels for an improved active lifestyle, improves concentration for adults and children and also improves the ability to manage stress. Targets the abdominal core muscles, cardiovascular system, legs, gluteus, and improves balance.
- ❷ DURABLE ENOUGH TO WITHSTAND REPETITIVE UES: Our wobble cushion is strong enough to sit and stand on with the benefits of an unstable surface. It is eco-friendly, free of phthalates and heavy metals, textured, slip-resistant, and was made of professional grade anti-burst material.
- ❸ IT IS USED PRIMARILY TO: Improve proprioception after injuries or surgery involving the leg; Strengthen the core stability muscles to help decrease back pain; Help children sit and concentrate in class. Our balance cushion can be used to improve proprioception include: sprained ankle, arthritis, knee anterior cruciate injury, after knee anterior cruciate surgery, after knee meniscus (cartilage) surgery ,following joint replacement surgery, collateral knee ligament injury.
- ❹ Diameter:35cm/13.8inch. The maximum weight for this product is 200kg, and the material of the wobble cushion is anti-burst,so you don't worry about it.
- ❺ WARRANTY PERIOD: 12 months from the date of purchase. If your not thrilled, simply contact our reliable customer service team and you will receive unmatched personal assistance.
- SOFT TPE FOAM: Ritfit balance pad is made from durable and lightweight TPE material, which is is tear-resistant , eco-friendly and nontoxic. Its soft specialty is ideal for balance training.
- VERSATILE BALANCE PAD: Use it for physical therapy, injury prevention, athletic conditioning, core strengthening, yoga, dance, balance, and proprioception. It is a practical companion exercise pad to increase the difficulty of common exercises like lunges, push-ups, squats, sit-ups, and yoga poses.
- SLIP-RESISTANT And CLEANABLE: Innovative non-slip textured surface is water-proof and pre-sanitized, ensuring safety and effectiveness in training. It can be cleaned with a cloth and tea tree oil and water combination.
- BEST CHOICE For EVERYONE: Due to its multipurpose, the soft foam pad is not only ideal for fitness beginner and yogis. It has been widely used as therapy exercise by seniors and the injured.
- DIMENSIONS: 18.9"L x 15" W x 2.4" H large enough for your balance training. And if you are not satisfied with it, we give you your full payment back. No questions asked! We offer a 100% satisfaction Guarantee!
- NON SLIP BALANCE PADS WITH SUPERIOR TRACTION, IDEAL FOR BAREFOOT WORKOUTS: Our Balance Pads are Designed to provide gradual, progressive resistance in a 360° range. Our balance pad enhances balance control as well as functional movement, and is great for home or gym exercises, Yoga and meditation classes, personal training sessions, strength & balance workouts and many more
- BALANCE PADS INCREASE YOUR CORE AND JOINT STRENGTH: Innovative technology incorporated into our Balance Pad that provides the same degree of instability at the edges as at the center, challenging your core muscles to support your body and help you maintain the desired form. You will be able to maximize the results of your training, significantly reducing the required time to achieve them
- BALANCE PADS PROMOTE COORDINATION AND SUPERIOR MOTOR SKILLS: Balance Pads help strengthen and fine tune motor skills we rely on everyday which can be helpful for both young children and older adults. When you stand on our large foam balance pad you instantly engage all of the muscles in your feet and your core
- A MUST HAVE COMPANION FOR CONDITIONING AND REHABILITATION: Our Balance Pads are Constructed with durable, closed-cell foam to ensure it lasts through years of regular use, it has been successfully implemented by trainers into a treatment course for ACL injuries, ankle sprains or knee and hip replacement injuries
- COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT AND TEAR-RESISTANT, WITH RECOMMENDED BALANCE PAD EXERCISES: Our Balance Pad includes a free travel storage bag so that you can take it with you everywhere you go. Additionally, it includes a recommended exercise program, which will allow you to capitalize on your foam pad potential, demonstrating numerous challenging planks, squats and step ups. Increases balance while building core strength, our balance pad is essential for seniors who want to live an active lifestyle.
- GREAT FOR BALANCE TRAINING: Improves core strength, posture, enhances coordination, sense of balance and visual sense. Great to strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints
- DURABLE, NON-SLIP SURFACE: Premium Wooden Balance Board with anti-skid pad on the surface provides a secure grip for absolute safety. 15.75" diameter large enough for both feet. Support up to 300 lbs
- 360 DEGREE ROTATION - 15 DEGREE TILTING ANGLE: 360 degrees rotation and up to 15 tilting degree - Great to perform side-to-side, front-to-back, stretch & circular drills
- VERSATILE, COMPACT BALANCE BOARD: With the lightweight, portable design, this balance board is great for Balance Exercises, Home Gyms, Gyms, Sport Performance Enhancement, Rehabilitation, and Strength & Balance Workouts
- BEST SATISFACTION WARR: We fully stand behind our products. If our product does not meet your needs, our customer service are free-hassle to resolve your issue at once
- ✮ OVAL-SHAPED & EASY TO CARRY ✮ - 30cm x 19cm x 6cm, perfect size for balance training, and it weights 150g, which is easy to carry to gyms. It helps to improve balance, coordination & motor skills.
- ✮ NON-SLIP TEXTURED SURFACE ✮- 5BILLION oval balance pad is made with a textured surface, which is non-slip, and promise extra safety and effectiveness. This material will not absorb water and easy to clean.
- ✮ SOFT & DURABLE TPE FOAM ✮ - The balance pad is made of high quality TPE Foam, which is durable without smell. It is soft but could quickly restore the shape. The thickness of 6cm offers much more comfort on feet, and can improve foot and ankle stability.
- ✮ SUIT FOR MORE BALANCE TRAINING ✮ - The pad's destabilizing feature automatically activates your back and abdominal muscles. Professional for physical therapy, injury prevention, athletic conditioning, core strengthening, yoga, dance, balance and proprioception.
- ✮ 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ✮ - If, For Whatever Reason, You Don't Absolutely Love Your new BALANCE PAD, Just Return It, And We'll Refund Every Penny (Or Replace It, If There Is A Problem).
- Multi-use exercise balance pad
- Constructed with a durable, closed-cell foam technology
- Ideal surface for stability and rehabilitation training
- Easy to clean
- 19" L x 15.25" W x 2.25" H
- UNLIKE OTHER BALANCE PADS this one has a firm core and soft exterior providing just the right amount of instability. Plus, this balance trainer is extra-large, big enough for big men with soft knees looking for gardening knee pads.
- IMPROVE & RETAIN YOUR BALANCE: This exercise pad is inherently unstable, forcing the muscles in your feet and ankles to work out, thereby strengthening them. Perfect for rehab and recuperation, or if your ankles roll like wheels.
- RELAX ON CLOUD 9: You’ll love using this as a yoga meditation cushion, it’s a slice of heaven. This meditation pillow is your very own magic carpet ride transporting you into a whole new world.
- FINALLY, A STANDING MAT YOU’LL LOVE: Imagine being able to stand at your desk through three conferences, 2 movies and a power nap... Yep. This large standing desk foot pad is that comfortable. All you have to do is stand on it for 10 minutes every day.
- BUILT LIKE A SOFT, CUSHY TANK The Fury Fitness product is built to last. Made out of closed-cell soft foam and, for you plastic savvy folks, 100% Thermoplastic Elastomers. It is non-porous, waterproof and naturally anti-microbial.
- PHYSICAL THERAPY could be included in rehab and recovery programs.
- OVAL DESIGN for ease of going from one exercise to another without being cumbersome or unweildy
- ATTRACTIVE CARRY BAG WITH HIDDEN INSIDE POCKET is included to protect the pad from getting dirty while not in use
- BALANCE AND COORDINATION training as a part of your workout routine. Beneficial for all ages.
- NONSKID SURFACE COMFORTABLY FIRM for confidence while exercising to improve posture and poise.
- Balance & Core Strength - The Go Go pad helps build a stronger, more stable core, fortify weak joints and ankles, and improve motor skills and coordination.
- Non-Slip Stability - The versatile and durable balance pad grips the floor with an improved non-skid bottom to improve safety and balance even on wet floors!
- Lightweight, Travel Friendly - Made with hypoallergenic, ecofriendly TPE material, you can use our balance pad at the gym, work, home, or even outdoors.
- Injury Recovery - A low-impact solution for recovering from knee, hip, ankle or core injuries, you can develop exercise routines to help you re-strengthen areas.
- Multiple Colors Available - This foam balance pad is great for both men and women, and comes in a variety of fun, stylish colors for comfortable training
The Benefits of A Balance Pad For Stability Training
Fitness is all about consistent exercise and good eating habits. When it comes to exercise most of us focus on cardio and weight training, and balance training seldom comes to mind. Balance training can provide excellent benefits to one’s overall health and wellness. Balance and stability training is a form of light to moderate exercise that helps train the body to use and strengthen stabilizer muscles to help us improve our balance. A balance pad / fitness pad is an excellent fitness tool designed to aid in balance training. Balance pads provide an excellent introduction to balance training. A balance pad is a thick piece of foam, made in various shapes and sizes, and is used in balance training, because of the instability of the sponge-like foam it is made of. When you stand on the foam pad you engage all of the muscles in your feet and your core to maintain balance. This improves your overall stability Fitness pads are a small investment with great benefits to your health and they are made highly durable. The foam pads are lightweight and are easy to carry from place to place, and they are very easy to clean as well. Balance pads are ideal for barefoot training or with shoes on, although it is recommended to train barefoot to preserve the integrity and quality of the pad. A balance pad differs from other types of stability tools such as wobble boards and balance boards because they engage more of the stabilizer muscles in your feet. The solid surface of a board engages primarily the muscles in the ankle. Balance pads are great fitness tools for anyone that takes part in balance training, beginners, seniors, and experienced athletes alike.
A Balance Pad Improves Stability
Stability is a very important part of everyday life. We must integrate exercise into our daily routine to keep our stabilizer muscles nice and strong, so we don’t compromise our stability. Stabilizer muscles are responsible for keeping you balanced, to help you maintain good equilibrium. Stability can be compromised in a couple of ways. As we get older, our balance and ability to maintain equilibrium become less effective. An injury is another way to hamper stability or affect the way we walk (our natural gait). Working with a fitness pads will improve balance and stability.
Get More Out of Your Workout with a Balance Pad
Fitness enthusiasts and athletes alike, will more often than not, include stability training into their workout regimen in order to enhance performance. Having good balance can improve your workout effectiveness and performance on the field. Good balance really helps when it comes to strengthening core muscles to give you better support while reducing your risk of injury. Many of the exercises you already perform quite easily can be made more challenging with the use of a foam balance pad. Fitness trainers, athletes, and fitness newbies utilize a balance pad in their workout programs, in exercises such as push-ups, planks, and body weight squats, to recruit stabilizer muscles, that will assist the primary muscle group, and promote full muscle activation.
How to Reduce Back Pain with your Balance Pad
Improving balance and strengthening your core, will strengthen those lower back muscles and help you improve your posture. Good posture and a strong back will allow you to walk, run, workout, even get up out of a chair pain-free. Back pain is often the result of weak back muscles and poor posture. Balance pads improve posture, strengthen core muscles and help reduce back pain caused by not having good posture and a strong core.
Improve Your Motor Skills with Balance Pad Training
Good motor skills at every age are important. Children, teenagers, adults, and especially seniors, benefit greatly from sharp motor skills. Motor skills improvement comes with better strength, balance, stability, and coordination. These are all skills we can improve upon by using our balance pad. A balance pad can be especially helpful as we move into adulthood. We all need to keep our motor skills and reaction times sharp as we age.
Conditioning and Rehabilitation – Balance Pad Physical Therapy
Balance pads play an integral role in some injury and post surgical rehab treatment. Physical therapists will use stability rehab as a way of increasing mobility and strengthen muscles after an injury or surgical procedure. The soft composition and non-slip surface of a balance pad make it an excellent choice for a Physical Therapists prescriptive treatment plan to incorporate balance pads in their therapies. Here are a few examples of how a balance pad can be used in rehabilitative services. Balance pads have been used in rehabilitation for:
- Knee surgery
- ACL injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Hip replacement
- Pain management
Why Choose a Balance Pad / Fitness Pad?
Balance pads are a versatile piece of exercise equipment, with many uses. Balance pads can be used in a light warmup, or as an essential part of your balance and stability training. A balance pad can also be used as an integral part of a strength training workout. Balance pads have also been used when practicing yoga. A balance pad can be used as a substitute for a yoga mat to further increase and improve balance and stamina. And lastly, balance pads have been used successfully in the medical field by Physical therapists, using it as an important tool to help their patients rehab and recover more quickly and to help them regain their balance, strength, and mobility. There are various types of balance aids to use. Balance pads tend to be the safest because of its flat, soft surface, with less risk of falling off the pad. Below is an example of several exercises you can do with your balance pad.
Foam Pad Balance Exercises
Here’s a quick list of some of the best balance exercises we use every day.
Step Ups: Place your balance bad on a box, elevated platform or fitness step. Step up on the pad one foot at a time, stabilize, and then step down. Repeat for 10-15 repetitions for each leg.
One-Leg Stands: To strengthen your ankles and knees one leg stands can really work those lower leg stabilizers. Stand on your balance pad with 2 feet. Slowly raise one leg and stand balanced on one leg for a count of ten seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
Crawls: Start these in a pushup position with one or both feet on the floor and the balance pad situated to the left or right of the hands. Move the outside hand over the near hand and onto the pad. Reverse the movement and repeat.
Lunges: Stand with both feet either on or off the balance pad. Lunge forward, onto or off the pad. Stabilize and return to the upright or starting position. Try these laterally, to the rear or as crossovers.
Push-ups: Perform these with hands on opposite corners of the balance pad and feet stacked out to one side. As a variation, try performing push-ups with one hand on the pad and the other on the floor.
Single Leg Squats – Stand on the balance pad on one foot, holding a medicine ball or dumbbells in front of you at waist level. Squat to a below parallel position while extending the medicine ball or dumbbells forward. Return to the upright position and repeat on both sides. Variations: Practice this exercise on a stable surface first and then try it on a plyo box or step.
Single-Leg Biceps Curl – This is a great full-body workout that targets multiple muscle groups simultaneously. For this exercise, you will need a pair of dumbbells (5-10 pounds). Stand on the pad with feet placed equally apart while holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Slowly raise one leg up to form a 90-degree angle at the hip and knee. Maintain balance on the one leg as you proceed to do a classic biceps curl bringing the dumbbells up to your shoulders, bending your elbows out then slowly bring the dumbbells back down. Repeat the step with the opposite leg, carrying out 6 reps each.Standing on your balance pad with a pair of dumbbells in your hands, slowly raise one leg until you feel balanced. Then begin to do traditional curls. As a variation, you can do alternating curls which challenge you even more with balance.
These are only some of the best balance exercises, we will add more in the future, so keep coming back to this page for more updates and information on new ways to use your foam balance pad.
Safely using your Balance Pad
Before starting any exercise program, you should first consult your physician to be sure balance training is right for you. You should always discuss any medical conditions or special needs you have that may make balance training not ideal.
Always place the pad on a stable surface: The soft composition of the pad creates optimal instability. Never place it on a surface that may not be sturdy or can wobble beneath the pad as this can lead to injury. The ideal placement is on the floor and near something sturdy, such as a counter or wall, to grab onto if you feel as though you are going to fall.
Stop at the sign of pain: If you feel any pain from exercising with your balance pad, stop immediately and consult your physician. Adding a balance pad to your workout can be an excellent way to challenge your body and improve your balance and mobility. Start slowly with your balance pad and get a feel for the unstable environment you are exposing to your body. Proceed to more difficult exercises as you become more comfortable with your balance pad.
Our Pharmx Fit Balance Pad is a high-quality piece of exercise equipment and is perfectly suited for exercise, physical therapy, rehabilitation and various other activities like yoga and stretching. Seniors will enjoy it for stability training because it’s comfortable and safe to use. Be creative and incorporate the use of a balance cushion into your life.
Balance Pad Exercises for Seniors
Fun balance exercises for elderly people, using a balance pad, is easy to use, and a lightweight piece of equipment to add to your exercise program. Pharmx Fit balance pad exercises for seniors are a great way to keep active, build strength, and increase mobility. Please be sure to have a partner or perform the following exercises next to a stable chair or a wall, to hold if need be while performing the following exercises. Below are 5 excellent balance exercises for seniors to do at home, their local gym, or a community senior center.
• 2 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step onto the balance pad with both feet. When you feel your balance, slowly let go of your partner’s hand, stable object, or wall. Continue to stand maintaining your balance for a short period of time that is comfortable for you. For example, 30 seconds, then step off. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat.
• 1 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step onto the balance pad with both feet. When you feel your balance, raise one foot slowly off of the pad to balance on one foot. When performing this exercise it is a good idea to continue to hold on to your partner, a stable object or the nearby wall until you feel your balance is good enough to progress to standing on one foot without any assistance.
• Front Step Over: Holding the hand of your partner, step with your right foot first, on to the balance pad, then step with your left foot over the pad to the floor in front of you. Finish off the exercise by stepping off with the right foot. You should now be standing on the floor in front of the balance pad. Turn to face the balance pad and now repeat with the left leg first stepping on the balance pad and the right foot stepping over. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
• Side Step Over: Holding the hand of your partner, stand with the balance pad on the side of your right foot. Step onto the balance pad with your right foot followed by the left (both feet should be on the balance pad) then step off with the right and then step off with the left. The balance pad is now on the side of the left foot. Now go back the other way leading with the left leg and following with the right leg. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
• Balance Pad Squat: Stand on the balance pad with both arms straight out in front of you. Have your partner hold your hands if you have difficulty with your balance. Squat down as low as you can without discomfort, or as low as if you were sitting in a chair, and then stand straight up again. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
These dynamic balance exercises for elderly people are an excellent way for them to strengthen their ankles and legs, and increase mobility. Pharmx Fit balance pads are used everyday in physical therapy balance exercises for elderly, making Pharmx Fit balance pads the #1 choice for Physical Therapists in the U.S.A. Ask your Doctor or Physical Therapist for a balance exercises for seniors handout, with specific exercises that are recommended for you at your next visit.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2017-12-18