Top Balance Pads
- High quality, swiss-made airex balance pads provide premium toughness and tear-resistance to last years, whether used in the fitness studio, therapy clinic or at home
- Leader of Foam material for over 50 years, airex Foam has a unique texture that is skin-friendly, pleasantly Warm to touch, soothingly soft, and comfortable
- Water-repelling, easy-to-clean material is 100 percent hygienic allowing for versatile use indoors, outdoors or in water
- Use airex balance pad to improve balance, body posture and coordination
- Works great for rehabilitation, injury prevention, athletic conditioning, and balance training
- Super-soft specialty foam is suitable for training and restoring motor skills and balance
- Balance pad combines both exercise and balance skills to increase strength, stamina, and coordination
- Pad will not absorb water and is pre-sanitized
- 90-day warranty
- Size: approx 19.69x16.14x 2.36 inches
- Improve balance & strength - foam creates unstable surface for working on balance & core strength, which also strengthens feet/ankles for rehabilitation after injuries
- All fitness levels - a challenge for athletes who want to improve functionality & power; a great tool for beginners & older adults to increase body awareness and enhance stability
- Non-toxic & non-slip - environmentally conscious TPE material is sweat-proof and slip-resistant, making it perfect for sweaty workouts and yoga, and is easy to clean afterward
- Multiple uses - versatile pad can be used as a seat cushion, a knee pad for gardening, a foot pad for standing desks, as a meditation pillow, or for making yoga poses more challenging
- Large size - 15.5"L x 12.5"W x 2.5"H size is convenient for standing on and performing lunges, squats, Planks, crunches, etc; lightweight 12 oz. Is easy to carry
- XL Size: 19"x15"x2.3", Great for balance, mobility, standing stability and motor-skill training
- IMPROVE YOUR BALANCE AND COORDINATION. Standing on the pad will challenge all of your tiny stabilizing muscles in your ankles, knees and hips. You will also improve your motor skills spending just 10 minutes per day standing on one leg.
- REHAB AND REPAIR SAFELY AND QUICKLY. Recover from fractures, sprains, injuries safely. Used widely in physical therapy settings. The soft pad supports knees and elbows, allowing muscles and bones to repair and strengthen safely.
- STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE AND PROTECT YOUR BACK. Challenge your yoga balance poses and arm balances. The pad's destabilizing feature automatically activates your back and abdominal muscles.
- USE AT YOUR STAND UP DESK OR AS A SITTING SUPPORT. Stand on your pad while working to keep your core engaged and joints supported. Also a great sitting "cushion" low back and pelvis injuries as well as providing extra height in your chair.
- INTENSIFY YOUR WORKOUTS: Improve your balance, increase mobility and stamina, strengthen your core muscles and tone your whole body, while protecting your sensitive back and knees with this premium quality balance training tool! Dimensions: 20.1'' x 16.1''.
- XL LARGE SIZE PROVIDES EVEN MORE OPTIONS: Our soft balance trainer is much bigger than similar pads on the market, which is perfect for people with above average size feet as well as exercises that demand wider stances than usual. All in all, it's ideal for physical therapy and rehabilitation, allowing you to get back to your favourite sport sooner!
- USE WITH HUNDREADS OF EXERCISES: Perfect for your daily Yoga or Pilates workouts, this extra-large, soft balance trainer will make your squats, lunges, push-ups, knee lifts and single leg balancing exercises more challenging, taking your fitness routine to the next level. Use barefoot, with socks or trainers and get maximum results from your workouts. (Note: Product life will be longer when used barefoot.)
- GREAT FOR HEAVY USE: Boasting tear and waterproof, thick foam with a smooth, easy to clean finish and a sleek logo that won't fade or smudge, this durable balance training pad promises to outlast all your previous ones and look like new for years to come!
- FREE BONUS GIFTS: Together with your Extra Large Balance Pad you will also receive a FREE premium quality yoga strap and exercise BONUS eBook to complete your gear. Backed by a lifetime money back guarantee, you have nothing to lose! So what are you waiting for? Grab yours today!
- HIGH-QUALITY CLOSED CELL FOAM: Constructed of super soft and durable EVA foam to add more durability & safety
- 19" LENGTH x 15" WIDTH x 2.25" HEIGHT TEXTURED NON-SLIP SURFACE: Textured sweat proof surface provides additional grip, prevents slipping or sliding even in sweaty workouts
- VERSATILE BALANCE PAD: Perfect for all ages & fitness levels. Can be used to increase the difficulty of common exercises like, lunges, push-ups, squats, sit-ups, and yoga poses
- THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS: Specially designed to increase balance and used in rehab, physical therapy, physio. Perfect for seniors who need something gentle on their joints
- 5-YEAR WARR: Our high-quality product comes with 5-year warr and 60-day return to give you the best satisfactory for every purchase
- IMPROVE STRENGTH, BALANCE AND MOBILITY: Easily integrating into any workout routine, physical therapy or rehabilitation program, the Vive balance pad provides a safe, destabilized surface to improve overall balance and increase core strength. Perfect for seniors and those recovering from injury or surgery, the durable foam balance pad increases joint stability and motor skills, safely strengthening weak ankles, knees and hips.
- EXTRA LARGE TEXTURED PLATFORM: Lightly textured to provide a nonslip surface that is safe for use barefoot or with shoes, the balance pad also has a textured nonslip base to prevent slipping and sliding while in use. The extra large cushioned platform measures 15.8" by 13.4", easily accommodating wider stances and all shoe sizes.
- VERSATILE USE: Great for rehabilitation following an injury or surgery, the balance pad is also a useful addition to yoga, pilates and general exercise. Lightweight and portable, the foam balance pad can also be used as a comfortable seat cushion or foot elevator at home or on the go.
- DURABLE FOAM MATERIAL: Resilient, closed-cell foam is tear-resistant, safely supporting up to 300 pounds. The thick, latex-free 2.4" foam balance pad is also water-resistant, repelling sweat and inhibiting bacteria growth. Easily clean the balance pad with a damp cloth and mild detergent before drying with a lint-free cloth.
- VIVE GUARANTEE: 60 day unconditional guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
- - DESIGNED TO LAST: While other balance pads rip all too easily or lose their shape in no time, the Yogu balance pad is made using superior-grade EVA foam designed with closed-cell foam technology. This gives the balance foam pad impressive tear and deformation-resistance to last through countless workouts and heavy, daily use.
- - EXTRA GRIP: The surface of the Yogu exercise balance pad comes with a textured and sweat-proof feature for your safety. With the additional grip that the balance stability pad offers, your chances of sliding or slipping due to sweat will be significantly slashed. Choose between our large (15.5" L x 13.5" W x 2" H) and extra-large (19" L x 15" W x 2.25" H) fitness balance pad and start experiencing the great grip.
- - VERSATILE PAD: No matter what your fitness level or age, you can count on this stability balance pad as the perfect companion for your physical activities. The stability foam pad can even serve as an additional support whenever you perform tougher exercises including your squats and sit-ups, as well as tricky yoga poses that require optimum balance and stability.
- - THERAPEUTIC PURPOSES: Are you undergoing therapy for certain body areas because of an injury or accident? Then, you can use this body balance trainer to boost your balance and speed up recovery. Great for rehab and physiotherapy sessions, this balance training pad is also ideal for seniors who need a stable pad that is gentle on their delicate joints.
- - 5 YEAR WARRANTY: Your total satisfaction is our top priority. That's why the Yogu workout balance pad is backed by a full 5-year limited warranty and 60-day money-back guarantee. In case of any dissatisfaction simply reach out to us and we'll do all we can to make it right. Click 'Add to Cart' now for a professional foot balance pad that combines functionality, durability, and great value!
- SPEEDS UP RECOVERY FROM SURGERY OR INJURY: Use padded cushion as a support in sitting or standing rehab activities and physical therapy exercises. Aids rehabilitation as a result of surgery or leg and ankle injuries such as sprains and fractures. Increases mobility and repairs and strengthens muscles and joints quickly and safely to help you get back on your feet again. Lightweight and versatile physical therapy equipment for use in rehab or exercise
- MULTIPLE USES FROM ONE PURCHASE: The pad can be used as a seat cushion for an office chair to improve your posture and prevent pain in your back or coccyx. As well as a chair cushion the pad would work as a wheelchair cushion or pregnancy seat cushion. The pad is also great as an anti fatigue mat, standing mat or fatigue mat for standing desk. Also the balance cushion can be used as an orthopedic knee pad or yoga knee pad
- GET A BETTER WORKOUT IMPROVE YOUR BALANCE: The firm but flexible gym pad is one of the safest ways to improve balance. It's destabilizing properties strengthens stabilizer muscles, improves joint stability, restores motor skills and helps prevent injuries. Challenge your yoga poses or increase the difficulty level of training exercises such as squats, sit ups, lunges, pushups and as a plank mat
- SAFE TO USE AND EASY TO KEEP CLEAN: The balance trainer is made from non toxic TPE, the textured slip-resistant surface is waterproof to prevent slipping and sliding even during sweaty workouts. Closed-cell foam technology prevents sweat and dirt from penetrating its surface so your mat stays germ and odor-free. Simply wipe with a wet cloth to keep sanitary and looking like new
- ORDER TODAY, RISK FREE: We love our customers! Our mission is to bring you the best yoga products on the market so you can get the most out of your personal yoga journey. That's why we offer our special "Namaste" warranty. In the unlikely event you're not 100% happy with your purchase, we'll send you a free replacement or give you a full refund, no questions asked!
- Light weight and strong Balance Training Board
- Ideal to train your way back to full fitness
- Helps integrate balance into every aspect of sports performance and rehabilitation
- Perfect for strengthening weak ankles and your core muscles
- Excellent for after injury
The Benefits of A Balance Pad For Stability Training
Fitness is all about consistent exercise and good eating habits. When it comes to exercise most of us focus on cardio and weight training, and balance training seldom comes to mind. Balance training can provide excellent benefits to one’s overall health and wellness. Balance and stability training is a form of light to moderate exercise that helps train the body to use and strengthen stabilizer muscles to help us improve our balance. A balance pad/fitness pad is an excellent fitness tool designed to aid in balance training. Balance pads provide an excellent introduction to balance training. A balance pad is a thick piece of foam, made in various shapes and sizes, and is used in balance training, because of the instability of the sponge-like foam it is made of. When you stand on the foam pad you engage all of the muscles in your feet and your core to maintain balance. This improves your overall stability Fitness pads are a small investment with great benefits to your health and they are made highly durable. The foam pads are lightweight and are easy to carry from place to place, and they are very easy to clean as well. Balance pads are ideal for barefoot training or with shoes on, although it is recommended to train barefoot to preserve the integrity and quality of the pad. A balance pad differs from other types of stability tools such as wobble boards and balance boards because they engage more of the stabilizer muscles in your feet. The solid surface of a board engages primarily the muscles in the ankle. Balance pads are great fitness tools for anyone that takes part in balance training, beginners, seniors, and experienced athletes alike.
A Balance Pad Improves Stability
Stability is a very important part of everyday life. We must integrate exercise into our daily routine to keep our stabilizer muscles nice and strong, so we don’t compromise our stability. Stabilizer muscles are responsible for keeping you balanced, to help you maintain good equilibrium. Stability can be compromised in a couple of ways. As we get older, our balance and ability to maintain equilibrium become less effective. An injury is another way to hamper stability or affect the way we walk (our natural gait). Working with a fitness pad will improve balance and stability.
Get More Out of Your Workout with a Balance Pad
Fitness enthusiasts and athletes alike, will more often than not, include stability training into their workout regimen in order to enhance performance. Having good balance can improve your workout effectiveness and performance on the field. Good balance really helps when it comes to strengthening core muscles to give you better support while reducing your risk of injury. Many of the exercises you already perform quite easily can be made more challenging with the use of a foam balance pad. Fitness trainers, athletes, and fitness newbies utilize a balance pad in their workout programs, in exercises such as push-ups, planks, and body weight squats, to recruit stabilizer muscles, that will assist the primary muscle group, and promote full muscle activation.
How to Reduce Back Pain with your Balance Pad
Improving balance and strengthening your core, will strengthen those lower back muscles and help you improve your posture. Good posture and a strong back will allow you to walk, run, workout, even get up out of a chair pain-free. Back pain is often the result of weak back muscles and poor posture. Balance pads improve posture, strengthen core muscles and help reduce back pain caused by not having good posture and a strong core.
Improve Your Motor Skills with Balance Pad Training
Good motor skills at every age are important. Children, teenagers, adults, and especially seniors, benefit greatly from sharp motor skills. Motor skills improvement comes with better strength, balance, stability, and coordination. These are all skills we can improve upon by using our balance pad. A balance pad can be especially helpful as we move into adulthood. We all need to keep our motor skills and reaction times sharp as we age.
Conditioning and Rehabilitation – Balance Pad Physical Therapy
Balance pads play an integral role in some injury and post-surgical rehabilitation. Physical therapists will use stability rehab as a way of increasing mobility and strengthen muscles after an injury or surgical procedure. The soft composition and non-slip surface of a balance pad make it an excellent choice for a Physical Therapists prescriptive plan to incorporate balance pads in their therapies. Here are a few examples of how a balance pad can be used in rehabilitative services. Balance pads have been used in rehabilitation for:
- Knee surgery
- ACL injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Hip replacement
- Pain management
Why Choose a Balance Pad / Fitness Pad?
Balance pads are a versatile piece of exercise equipment, with many uses. Balance pads can be used in a light warmup, or as an essential part of your balance and stability training. A balance pad can also be used as an integral part of a strength training workout. Balance pads have also been used when practicing yoga. A balance pad can be used as a substitute for a yoga mat to further increase and improve balance and stamina. And lastly, balance pads have been used successfully in the medical field by Physical therapists, using it as an important tool to help their patients rehab and recover more quickly and to help them regain their balance, strength, and mobility. There are various types of balance aids to use. Balance pads tend to be the safest because of its flat, soft surface, with less risk of falling off the pad. Below is an example of several exercises you can do with your balance pad.
Foam Pad Balance Exercises
Here’s a quick list of some of the best balance exercises we use every day.
Step Ups: Place your balance bad on a box, elevated platform or fitness step. Step up on the pad one foot at a time, stabilize, and then step down. Repeat for 10-15 repetitions for each leg.
One-Leg Stands: To strengthen your ankles and knees one leg stands can really work those lower leg stabilizers. Stand on your balance pad with 2 feet. Slowly raise one leg and stand balanced on one leg for a count of ten seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
Crawls: Start these in a pushup position with one or both feet on the floor and the balance pad situated to the left or right of the hands. Move the outside hand over the near hand and onto the pad. Reverse the movement and repeat.
Lunges: Stand with both feet either on or off the balance pad. Lunge forward, onto or off the pad. Stabilize and return to the upright or starting position. Try these laterally, to the rear or as crossovers.
Push-ups: Perform these with hands on opposite corners of the balance pad and feet stacked out to one side. As a variation, try performing push-ups with one hand on the pad and the other on the floor.
Single Leg Squats – Stand on the balance pad on one foot, holding a medicine ball or dumbbells in front of you at waist level. Squat to a below parallel position while extending the medicine ball or dumbbells forward. Return to the upright position and repeat on both sides. Variations: Practice this exercise on a stable surface first and then try it on a plyo box or step.
Single-Leg Biceps Curl – This is a great full-body workout that targets multiple muscle groups simultaneously. For this exercise, you will need a pair of dumbbells (5-10 pounds). Stand on the pad with feet placed equally apart while holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Slowly raise one leg up to form a 90-degree angle at the hip and knee. Maintain balance on the one leg as you proceed to do a classic biceps curl bringing the dumbbells up to your shoulders, bending your elbows out then slowly bring the dumbbells back down. Repeat the step with the opposite leg, carrying out 6 reps each.Standing on your balance pad with a pair of dumbbells in your hands, slowly raise one leg until you feel balanced. Then begin to do traditional curls. As a variation, you can do alternating curls which challenge you even more with balance.
These are only some of the best balance exercises, we will add more in the future, so keep coming back to this page for more updates and information on new ways to use your foam balance pad.
Safely using your Balance Pad
Before starting any exercise program, you should first consult your physician to be sure balance training is right for you. You should always discuss any medical conditions or special needs you have that may make balance training not ideal.
Always place the pad on a stable surface: The soft composition of the pad creates optimal instability. Never place it on a surface that may not be sturdy or can wobble beneath the pad as this can lead to injury. The ideal placement is on the floor and near something sturdy, such as a counter or wall, to grab onto if you feel as though you are going to fall.
Stop at the sign of pain: If you feel any pain from exercising with your balance pad, stop immediately and consult your physician. Adding a balance pad to your workout can be an excellent way to challenge your body and improve your balance and mobility. Start slowly with your balance pad and get a feel for the unstable environment you are exposing to your body. Proceed to more difficult exercises as you become more comfortable with your balance pad.
A Balance Pad is a high-quality piece of exercise equipment and is perfectly suited for exercise, physical therapy, rehabilitation and various other activities like yoga and stretching. Seniors will enjoy it for stability training because it’s comfortable and safe to use. Be creative and incorporate the use of a balance cushion into your life.
Balance Pad Exercises for Seniors
Fun balance exercises for elderly people, using a balance pad, is easy to use, and a lightweight piece of equipment to add to your exercise program. Balance pad exercises for seniors are a great way to keep active, build strength, and increase mobility. Please be sure to have a partner or perform the following exercises next to a stable chair or a wall, to hold if need be while performing the following exercises. Below are 5 excellent balance exercises for seniors to do at home, their local gym, or a community senior center.
• 2 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step onto the balance pad with both feet. When you feel your balance, slowly let go of your partner’s hand, stable object, or wall. Continue to stand maintaining your balance for a short period of time that is comfortable for you. For example, 30 seconds, then step off. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat.
• 1 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step onto the balance pad with both feet. When you feel your balance, raise one foot slowly off of the pad to balance on one foot. When performing this exercise it is a good idea to continue to hold on to your partner, a stable object or the nearby wall until you feel your balance is good enough to progress to standing on one foot without any assistance.
• Front Step Over: Holding the hand of your partner, step with your right foot first, on to the balance pad, then step with your left foot over the pad to the floor in front of you. Finish off the exercise by stepping off with the right foot. You should now be standing on the floor in front of the balance pad. Turn to face the balance pad and now repeat with the left leg first stepping on the balance pad and the right foot stepping over. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
• Side Step Over: Holding the hand of your partner, stand with the balance pad on the side of your right foot. Step onto the balance pad with your right foot followed by the left (both feet should be on the balance pad) then step off with the right and then step off with the left. The balance pad is now on the side of the left foot. Now go back the other way leading with the left leg and following with the right leg. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
• Balance Pad Squat: Stand on the balance pad with both arms straight out in front of you. Have your partner hold your hands if you have difficulty with your balance. Squat down as low as you can without discomfort, or as low as if you were sitting in a chair, and then stand straight up again. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
These dynamic balance exercises for elderly people are an excellent way for them to strengthen their ankles and legs, and increase mobility. Balance pads are used everyday in physical therapy balance exercises for elderly, making balance pads the #1 choice for Physical Therapists in the U.S.A. Ask your Doctor or Physical Therapist for a balance exercises for seniors handout, with specific exercises that are recommended for you at your next visit.
Content Contributor: Mary
Mary has a passion for learning about the human body, specializing in epigenetics. Blogging on multiple platforms, she loves to share the current research. More than research, she loves to be outdoors climbing, hiking and biking.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-07-18