Healthy4LifeOnline delivers the top 12 rated Balance Boards on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Designed to enhance your fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Improves Balance, Core Stability and Coordination
- Improves Fine Motor Skills
- Reduces Back Pain
- Great for Rehabilitation on ankles, knees and hips
Top 12 Best Balance Boards Reviewed
- GREAT FOR BALANCE TRAINING: Improves core strength, posture, enhances coordination, sense of balance and visual sense. Great to strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints
- DURABLE, NON SLIP SURFACE: Premium Wooden Balance Board with anti-skid pad on the surface provides a secure grip for absolute safety. 15.75 inch diameter large enough for both feet. Support up to 300 lbs
- 360 DEGREE ROTATION and 15 DEGREE TILTING ANGLE: 360 degrees rotation and up to 15 tilting degree, great to perform side to side, front to back, stretch and circular drills
- VERSATILE, COMPACT BALANCE BOARD: With the lightweight, portable design, this balance board is great for Balance Exercises, Home Gyms, Gyms, Sport Performance Enhancement, Rehabilitation, Strength and Balance Workouts
- BEST SATISFACTORY WARR: We fully stand behind our products. If our product does not meet your needs, our customer service are free-hassle to resolve your issue at once
- Cool new graphics with anti-skid strips for better control
- Great for balance and coordination
- Some assembly required
- 300 pound weight limit
- This product is not a toy It is not intended for use by children under 13 years old
- IMPROVES CORE STRENGTH - The Aduro Sport wobble balance tilt board helps improve your balance, coordination, and flexibility while targeting and strengthening core areas of your body
- SUPPORTS INJURY RECOVERY - This fitness balancing rocker board provides a stable workout rehabilitation and physical therapy for anyone trying to overcome an injury, be it adult athletes or dancers, kids playing sports, or seniors after surgery
- QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP - No need to worry about stability while standing, doing pushups or doing balance training. Each balance trainer board is made of high-quality plastic with a textured, non-slip surface for added safety
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE DESIGN - At just under 2 lbs., our fit exercise board has a 16-degree angle, holds up to 300 lbs, and lets you take your balance board exercises with you at home, at work, at your desk, or even at the gym
- TRY 100% RISK-FREE - Our Balancer Board is backed by a no-hassle guarantee, if you have any issues with it we'll either replace it or issue you a full refund
- Professional grade balance disc with pump
- 13 inch diameter for stability and balance
- Large massage spikes for maximum grip
- Helps improve balance, coordination, and flexibility
- Black Mountain Products offers Lifetime Warranty
- A FULL BODY WORKOUT - Use your Wobble Boards to build muscle, recover from injury, improve your posture, and enhance your balance. The various bodyweight exercises you can do with exercise boards target muscle group in the legs, core, chest, back, and arms. The versatility of Fit Boards makes them an essential tool for the at-home gym workouts or a useful piece of physical therapy equipment
- BURN CALORIES STANDING AT YOUR DESK - Studies show sitting for long periods of time is bad your long-term health. Wobble boards are ideal for use in the office and at a standing desk because not only does it get you standing, but the small movements used to help you balance actually help you burn calories through non-exercise activity thermogenesis
- MADE FOR ALL FITNESS LEVELS AND AGES - Our fitness boards are designed to be efficient and safe. Non-slip grips on the top of the disc keep your feet in place as you go through the workout. The wooden balance boards are made from premium wood. They are designed and carefully constructed to give you maximum effectiveness at any workout level
- BONUS PDF EXERCISE GUIDE INCLUDED - Created and designed by accredited personal trainers, we've included a free beginner's exercise guide along with your balance board to get you losing weight and started on your fitness journey
- THE URBNFit PROMISE - We have one goal: help you achieve your fitness goals. That's why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our home exercise equipment. If you have any issues, we'll fix it; that's our promise. READ THE REVIEWS!
- Unique twisting motion and balance board pivoting action helps Engage & tone entire body
- Helps to strengthen ABS, legs, and more
- Lightweight, portable, and stores away easily
- DURABLE WITH NO-SKID SURFACE: Made with heavy duty durable and high quality wood. Wooden plated board with no-skid surface to ensure good balance, grip and stability
- 360 DEGREE ROTATION: 360 degrees rotation and 10-20 degrees inclination angle
- IMPROVES CORE STRENGTH & POSTURE: Improves core strength, posture, enhances coordination, sense of balance and visual sense
- TARGETS MUSCLES: Helps to strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints
- GREAT FOR TRAINING: Great for rehabilitation centers, gyms, professional athletes and individual
- BALANCE BOARD FOR ACTIVE MEN & WOMEN The Fury Fitness Balance Board makes exercising safe and fun. You can use your wobble board on any hard surface and may not even realize you're working out... until you feel your sore muscles the next day. With our high-quality, gripping, flat surface and a nicely-rounded bottom, our advanced balancing board is the key to getting a strong core!
- MAKE BURNING CALORIES FUN AND EASY! I know what you're thinking, "How is that even possible?" Whether you're perched on our deluxe balance board while you work at your standing desk, or you're busting out one-legged squats, every move will burn extra-calories and help you take in a notch on your belt loop. Get ready to look extra hot for your next vacation!
- LOSE WEIGHT WHILE YOU WATCH TV! Are you ready to do something fun and good for your body while you watch your favorite TV show? If so, you will become obsessed with our Fury Fitness Balance Board. Now you can get the best of both worlds with binge watching and getting a rock solid core at the same time! That's the ultimate win-win.
- THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ALL AGES AND FITNESS LEVELS! This "Dad-Bod Destroyer" is the gift that keeps on giving, for years to come. It's time to stand a little taller with better posture. Standing on the balance board, will strengthen your core while preventing injuries and reducing back pain! Buy 2 or more and create the ultimate balance board competition, perfect for families, friends, strangers or your dogs!
- ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE BALANCE BOARD REVOLUTION? Bring physical therapy to the comfort of your living room. Regain your balance with physiotherapy exercises centered on the wobble board. Activate your back, core and legs to speed up muscle recovery. As an AMERICAN-BASED company, we fully guarantee our board's performance, and are 100% confident you will become a believer too! Add to Cart and get yours today!
- Steady on your feet is overrated
- Promotes hours of fun and gross motor skill development
- Parenting Magazine Mom Tested Pick
- Includes platform, two sideboards, dowel, six screws, and instructions. Adult assembly required
- Recommended for children 3 years of age and older
- ALEX Toys
- Drastically improve your balance skill and body control, all while getting a workout. Even better than that? The 101 balance board is super fun to use! | Designed & Made in the USA |
- Bombproof 11-ply hardwood construction with high quality finish and clean design. Soft-Trak gripped top deck is comfortable with or without shoes.
- Smooth rolling lightweight and ultra tough roller reduces vibration and sound.
- Full freedom of movement, no tracks or grooves. Roller stops on the base keep you in control.
- Great balance board for beginner and intermediate users: Fitness, Yoga, Training, or Board Sports like Skateboarding, Snowboarding, Wakeboarding, and Surfing
- IMPROVE STRENGTH & CONDITIONING - This balance board physical therapy is designed to stimulate your core and improve your agility, reaction time, and stamina, this low-impact workout is great for all.
- COMPACT, PORTABLE TRAINER - At 17.5" x 13.5" x 3" in size, our lightweight balance exercise equipment can be used at therapy or training at home, the gym, or while traveling. Perfect standing desk accessories
- SLIP-RESISTANT SURFACE - The top of each rocker balance board features an easy-grip surface that's gentle on bare feet but helps keep you in place safely and securely.
- STRONG, STABLE BASE - This heavy-duty plywood balancing board is made with long-lasting strength and durability to hold kids and adults up to 300 lbs.
- TRUE QUALITY ASSURANCE - StrongTek products are backed by unbeatable quality and customer support, which is why they come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Get More Out of Your Workout with a Balance Board
Fitness enthusiasts and athletes alike, will more often than not, include stability training into their workout regimen in order to enhance performance. Having good balance can improve your workout effectiveness and performance on the field. Good balance really helps when it comes to strengthening core muscles to give you better support while reducing your risk of injury. Many of the exercises you already perform quite easily can be made more challenging with the use of a balance board. Fitness trainers, athletes, and fitness newbies utilize a balance board in their workout programs, in exercises such as push-ups, planks, and body weight squats, to recruit stabilizer muscles, that will assist the primary muscle group, and promote full muscle activation.
Stability Training with Balance Boards
Fitness is all about consistent exercise and good eating habits. When it comes to exercise most of us focus on cardio and weight training, and balance training seldom comes to mind. Balance training can provide excellent benefits to one’s overall health and wellness. Balance and stability training is a form of light to moderate exercise that helps train the body to use and strengthen stabilizer muscles to help us improve our balance. A balance board is an excellent fitness tool designed to aid in balance training. Balance boards provide an excellent introduction to balance training. A balance board is a board with various shapes and sizes attached under it, and is used in balance training. Because of the instability of the board, you engage all of the muscles in your feet and your core to maintain balance. This improves your overall stability Balance boards are a small investment with great benefits to your health and they are made highly durable.Balance boards are ideal for barefoot training or with shoes on. The solid surface of a board engages primarily the muscles in the ankle. Balance boards are great fitness tools for anyone that takes part in balance training, beginners, seniors, and experienced athletes alike.
A Balance Board Improves Stability
Stability is a very important part of everyday life. We must integrate exercise into our daily routine to keep our stabilizer muscles nice and strong, so we don’t compromise our stability. Stabilizer muscles are responsible for keeping you balanced, to help you maintain good equilibrium. Stability can be compromised in a couple of ways. As we get older, our balance and ability to maintain equilibrium become less effective. An injury is another way to hamper stability or affect the way we walk (our natural gait). Working with a balance board will improve balance and stability.
How to Reduce Back Pain with your Balance Board
Improving balance and strengthening your core, will strengthen those lower back muscles and help you improve your posture. Good posture and a strong back will allow you to walk, run, workout, even get up out of a chair pain-free. Back pain is often the result of weak back muscles and poor posture. Balance boards improve posture, strengthen core muscles and help reduce back pain caused by not having good posture and a strong core.
Improve Your Motor Skills with Balance Board Training
Good motor skills at every age are important. Children, teenagers, adults, and especially seniors, benefit greatly from sharp motor skills. Motor skills improvement comes with better strength, balance, stability, and coordination. These are all skills we can improve upon by using our balance board. A balance board can be especially helpful as we move into adulthood. We all need to keep our motor skills and reaction times sharp as we age.
Conditioning and Rehabilitation – Balance Board Physical Therapy
Balance boards play an integral role in some injury and post surgical rehab treatment. Physical therapists will use stability rehab as a way of increasing mobility and strengthen muscles after an injury or surgical procedure. The soft composition and non-slip surface of a balance boards make it an excellent choice for a Physical Therapists prescriptive treatment plan to incorporate balance boards in their therapies. Here are a few examples of how a balance board can be used in rehabilitative services. Balance boards have been used in rehabilitation for:
- Knee surgery
- ACL injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Hip replacement
- Pain management
Why Choose a Balance Board?
Balance boards are a versatile piece of exercise equipment, with many uses. Balance boards can be used in a light warmup, or as an essential part of your balance and stability training. It can also be used as an integral part of a strength training workout. For example, a balance board can be used as a substitute for a yoga mat to further increase and improve balance and stamina. And lastly, balance boards have been used successfully in the medical field by Physical therapists, using it as an important tool to help their patients rehab and recover more quickly and to help them regain their balance, strength, and mobility. There are various types of balance aids to use. Balance boards are relatively safe because of their flat surface, with less risk of falling off the board by wearing shoes and then progressing to bare foot training. Below is an example of several exercises you can do with your balance board.
Foam Board Balance Exercises
Here’s a quick list of some of the best balance exercises we use every day. Its generally recommended that you hang onto something like a bar or door knob while working with the board.
One-Leg Stands: To strengthen your ankles and knees, one-leg stands can really work those lower leg stabilizers. Place one foot in the center of your balance board. Slowly raise one leg and stand balanced on one leg for a count of ten seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
Crawls: Start these in a pushup position with one or both feet on the floor and the balance board situated to the left or right of the hands. Move the outside hand over the near hand and onto the board. Reverse the movement and repeat.
Lunges: Stand with both feet either on or off the balance board. Lunge forward, onto or off the board. Stabilize and return to the upright or starting position. Try these laterally, to the rear or as crossovers.
Push-ups: Perform these with hands on opposite corners of the balance board and feet stacked out to one side. As a variation, try performing push-ups with one hand on the board and the other on the floor.
Single Leg Squats – Stand on the balance board on one foot, holding a medicine ball or dumbbells in front of you at waist level. Squat to a below parallel position while extending the medicine ball or dumbbells forward. Return to the upright position and repeat on both sides. Variations: Practice this exercise on a stable surface first and then try it on a plyo box or step.
Single-Leg Biceps Curl – This is a great full-body workout that targets multiple muscle groups simultaneously. For this exercise, you will need a pair of dumbbells (5-10 pounds). Stand on the board with feet placed equally apart while holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Slowly raise one leg up to form a 90-degree angle at the hip and knee. Maintain balance on the one leg as you proceed to do a classic biceps curl bringing the dumbbells up to your shoulders, bending your elbows out then slowly bring the dumbbells back down. Repeat the step with the opposite leg, carrying out 6 reps each.Standing on your balance board with a pair of dumbbells in your hands, slowly raise one leg until you feel balanced. Then begin to do traditional curls. As a variation, you can do alternating curls which challenge you even more with balance.
These are only some of the best balance exercises, we will add more in the future, so keep coming back to this page for more updates and information on new ways to use your foam balance board.
Safely using your Balance Board
Before starting any exercise program, you should first consult your physician to be sure balance training is right for you. You should always discuss any medical conditions or special needs you have that may make balance training not ideal.
Always place the board on a stable surface: The rocker creates optimal instability. Never place it on a surface that may not be sturdy or can wobble beneath the board as this can lead to injury. The ideal placement is on the floor and near something sturdy, such as a counter or wall, to grab onto if you feel as though you are going to fall.
Stop at the sign of pain: If you feel any pain from exercising with your balance board, stop immediately and consult your physician. Adding a balance board to your workout can be an excellent way to challenge your body and improve your balance and mobility. Start slowly with your balance board and get a feel for the unstable environment you are exposing to your body. Proceed to more difficult exercises as you become more comfortable with your balance board.
A balance board is a high-quality piece of exercise equipment and is perfectly suited for exercise, physical therapy, rehabilitation and various other activities like yoga and stretching. Seniors will enjoy it for stability training because it’s comfortable and safe to use. Be creative and incorporate the use of a balance board into your life.
Balance Board Exercises for Seniors
Fun balance exercises for elderly people, using a balance board, is easy to use, and a lightweight piece of equipment to add to your exercise program. Exercises for seniors are a great way to keep active, build strength, and increase mobility. Please be sure to have a partner or perform the following exercises next to a wall, to hold if need be while performing the following exercises. Below are excellent balance exercises for seniors to do at home, their local gym, or a community senior center.
• 2 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step onto the balance board with both feet. When you feel your balance, slowly let go of your partner’s hand, stable object, or wall. Continue to stand maintaining your balance for a short period of time that is comfortable for you. For example, 30 seconds, then step off. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat.
• 2 Legged Stand and Ankle Rotations: Holding the hand of your partner, a wall, slowly step onto the balance board with both feet. Get your balance first, then gently touch down one side the board, then the other side. When comfortable with touching down, start drawing circles to the right. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat the other directions.
• 1 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step into the center of the balance board with both feet. When you feel your balance, raise one foot slowly off of the board to balance on one foot. When performing this exercise it is a good idea to continue to hold on to your partner, a stable object or the nearby wall until you feel your balance is good enough to progress to standing on one foot without any assistance.
• Balance Board Squat: Stand on the balance board with both arms straight out in front of you, holding onto your partners hands. Squat down slowly as low as you can without discomfort, or as low as if you were sitting in a chair, and then stand straight up again. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
These dynamic balance exercises for elderly people are an excellent way for them to strengthen their ankles and legs, and increase mobility. Balance boards are used everyday in physical therapy balance exercises for elderly. Ask your Doctor or Physical Therapist for balance exercises for seniors handout, with specific exercises that are recommended for you at your next visit.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-07-18