Top Balance Boards
- GREAT FOR BALANCE TRAINING: Improves core strength, posture, enhances coordination, sense of balance and visual sense. Great to strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints
- DURABLE, NON-SLIP SURFACE: Premium Wooden Balance Board with anti-skid pad on the surface provides a secure grip for absolute safety. 15.75" diameter large enough for both feet. Support up to 300 lbs
- 360 DEGREE ROTATION - 15 DEGREE TILTING ANGLE: 360 degrees rotation and up to 15 tilting degree - Great to perform side-to-side, front-to-back, stretch & circular drills
- VERSATILE, COMPACT BALANCE BOARD: With the lightweight, portable design, this balance board is great for Balance Exercises, Home Gyms, Gyms, Sport Performance Enhancement, Rehabilitation, and Strength & Balance Workouts
- BEST SATISFACTION WARR: We fully stand behind our products. If our product does not meet your needs, our customer service are free-hassle to resolve your issue at once
- This multi-use toy was originally used in Waldorf early childhood classrooms. It was created to help children develop a sense of balance, stimulate their vestibular system, and gain a deep sense of awareness of their body and body parts.
- Measures 32 inches long, 11.75 inches wide, and 7 inches tall at the highest point. It is 5/8 inches thick, allowing it to support 220kg/485lbs!
- The Kinderboard is made of durable German beechwood and water-based lacquer. Can safely be used both indoors and out, perfect for rainy and sunny days at home or in a school environment.
- Watch the child's imagination take over once their Kinderboard arrives. It becomes a seesaw, a balance board, a slide, a step stool, a boat, a resting place, a doll bed, a puppet stage, a tunnel and much more! The possibilities are endless-and truly up to them!
- Kinderfeets uses ecologically friendly stains and lacquers, timber that is also FSC certified, and meets Australian standards, EU standards and US standards
- Unique twisting motion and balance board pivoting action helps Engage and tone entire body
- Helps to strengthen ABS, legs, and more
- Lightweight, portable, and stores away easily
- Unit measures 25.5 x 18 x 3/4 inch. Weighs 3 lbs, supports up to 400 lbs
- Includes User guide and workout DVD
- Black balance board can help improve core strength, coordination, posture, and balance
- Suitable for a wide range of exercises, including push-ups, plank, standing balance poses, and targeted workouts for strengthening specific muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints
- Solid wood top supports up to 500 pounds; non-slip surface for a secure grip
- For individuals and athletes; ideal for a rehab center, gym, or home workout space
- Measures 16.2 by 16.2 by 3.6 inches (LxWxH); backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
- BLK/OUT 2018 [LIMITED EDITION]: Bold, subtle, classy. Includes the 2018 Revolution R-logo snapback hat. | Designed & Made in the USA |
- Bombproof 11-ply hardwood construction with high quality finish and clean design. Soft-Trak gripped top deck is comfortable with or without shoes.
- Smooth rolling lightweight and ultra tough roller reduces vibration and sound.
- Full freedom of movement, no tracks or grooves. Roller stops on the base keep you in control.
- Great balance board for beginner and intermediate users: Fitness, Yoga, Training, or Board Sports like Skateboarding, Snowboarding, Wakeboarding, and Surfing
- UNLIMITED APPLICATIONS - It can be a slide, seesaw, tunnel, boat, rocker, table, balancing pole or bridge,endless possibilities of free and creative play.
- ENHANCE DEVELOPMENTAL SKILLS - It stimulates the vestibular system, supports the muscles responsible for the correct posture develops the sense of balance,supports the development of the sense of priocrioception (deep feeling).
- TRUE QUALITY ASSURANCE - Highest quality natural beech wood and birch wood,ecologically friendly lacquers, super study, allowing it to support 220kg/485lbs! With felt to protect wood floor and be stable when playing.
- SIZE&WEIGHT - Measures 35 inches long, 11.8 inches wide, and 6 inches tall at the highest point. It is 0.66 inches thick.
- ENDLESS FUN - This balance board with felt layer only use indoors.
- Durable & No-Skid Surface: Made of durable and high quality plastic, features tear-resistant and waterproof material, and constructed carefully to last a long-term use. Non-skidding surface ensures a stable good balance, grip and stability while exercising. 15.75 inch diameter large enough for both feet. Support up to 300 lbs
- Great Trainer for Balance Training: Designed to enhance coordination, sense of balance, strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints, recover from injury, as well as to improves core strength posture. Could be used for various purpose of training, which makes it a necessary tool for indoor or outdoor exercise equipment.
- 360° Rotation and 15° Tilting Angle: Allows 360° rotation and approximately 15° tilting angle, suitable for exercise from side to side, front to back, stretch and circular drills.
- Calorie Burner Helper: Most workers sit at the office for a long time and state they have no time to go to the gym, which is bad for their long-term health. These wobble boards are perfect for use in the office. What you need to do is just to stand on it, and try your best to keep your balance. Seems like a non-exercise activity, while this helps you burn calories like running.
- Portable Design &Perfect Warranty：With handle, convenient to take outdoor or to office. 2-year warranty and 30-day refund, If our products don't live up to your expectation, feel free to contact our customers service and we'll resolve your issue
- The Milliard Natural Curve Board will inspire imagination and creativity for hours of open ended play.
- Made to last, the natural beechwood is beautiful and durable, and certified to be safe and free of formaldehyde and lead.
- The options for fun are endless with this unique piece of Montessori furniture; let your child discover a whole new world of play.
- Built to hold up to 220lbs, this is a solid heirloom item that can be used for many years of adventure.
- The board is 15mm thick and measures 33" across.
- Rides rail-to-rail...this is what makes the Ebb and Flo GoofBoard feel like surfing. Gloss-clear top coat scientifically provides super grip traction while showing off the bamboo's natural beauty. No grit, no dirt attracting foam. Cleans up with a damp cloth.
- Gives the most surfing realistic ride compared to anything else out there. We guarantee it. Expertly engineered and it's patented. Designed by and made in USA by California surfers.
- Perfect for paddle board riders. Beginning surfers - practice pop-ups and get a head start. New "u-block" accessory provides gentle rocking motion to help get you started and build confidence and move to roller. The only brand that provides U-blocks.
- Experienced surfers - Ebb and Flo riding will provide greater style fluidity with better strength, balance, and board control. At 44" this is the longest balance board on the market (cross stepping!)
- Roller made from sustainable recycled materials, strong and sturdy. Fun for the whole family, but as challenging as you want to take it. Made in USA.
- ELECTRIC ENERGY DESIGN >> This Amazing Deck Design Was Created By Artist Anthony Rooney
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION >> The Original Model Includes a 30" X 18" Deck that Is Made From Cabinet-Grade Birch Wood That Is Finished With A Non-Slip Surface, A 6.5" Diameter Indestructible, Molded Roller and An Instructional DVD That Has Over Two Hours of Instructional Content.
- FOR FUN AND FITNESS >> The INDO BOARD Is Designed Specifically to Improve the Balance, Stability, Core Strength, Coordination and the Agility Needed in Everyday Live As Well As In Sports; All While Having FUN.
- USED WORLDWIDE BY ELITE ATHLETES >> Functional Training For Virtually Every Sport. INDO BOARDS are Endorsed By More National, World and Olympic Champions Than All Other Balance Boards Combined.
- AN ENDLESS AMOUNT OF USES >> Improve Balance and Stability, Upper and Lower Body Strength Training, Injury Prevention, Physical Therapy, Injury Rehabilitation and Improving Neuromuscular Response Just To Name A Few.
- DURABLE MULTI-USE BALANCE PAD: Foam pad works to increase the difficulty of traditional balance, mobility, standing stability and motor-skill training and the smaller 'Mini' training area is ideal for one-legged and single-handed exercises
- PHYSICAL THERAPY & INJURY REHAB TOOL: Balance pad helps to improve joint stability and core strength through moderate instability exercises - ideal for those patients who require added cushioning, such as seniors or those recovering from an injury
- NON-SLIP TEXTURED SURFACE: Pads are best when used barefoot and designed with a non-slip textured tear-resistant foam that maintains its shape and will withstand repeated use in any workout environment - can even be used around the house as a kneeling pad
- SOFT & SUPPORTIVE CLOSED-CELL FOAM: This lightweight and supersoft destabilizing foam pad resists moisture and odor absorption and the antimicrobial pre-sanitation treatment keeps dirt and bacteria out while inhibiting fungal growth
- Dimensions: 9.8"L x 16.1"W x 2.4"H / Weight: 0.8lbs
- This can be a rocker, a balancing board, a stepper, a stool, or a slide.
- This can be a rolling hill, an airplane hanger, a cave, or a doll bed.
- This can be a seasaw, a bridge, a fort, a seat, a tunnel, or a boat.
- This can be anything only a child can imagine!!
- GAIN NEW MUSCLE, GAIN NEW INSIGHT: Athletes and fitness gurus alike use the FIT to strengthen both body and mind. Carve core muscle groups and improve stability, flexibility, reflexes, recovery speed, and of course, balance.
- BLAST YOUR CORE, AND HAVE A BLAST DOING IT: The FIT is so fun to use, you won't know you're working out until your playlist is over.
- FUNCTIONAL CROSS TRAINING: It's the perfect FIT for sports training. Transform basic exercises your already know into an exciting full body challenge.
- GYM DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Revolution Balance Boards are built tough, by the tough, for the tough. After all, they're designed and Made In The USA.
- SYSTEM INCLUDES: FIT Board | Extra Grip Roller | 360 Air Cushion | High Density Rocker | Exercise Guide l A New Lease On Life
- A DYNAMIC WORKOUT - Balance training boards are a fun and exciting way to Improve your balance, body control, agility and build strength while sculpting your legs, abs and Core
- MULTI SPORT ATHLETIC TRAINING - Athletes from various sports benefit from the muscular and Neuromuscular Response Training balance boards provide. Whether improving balance for board sports like skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, skiing, paddle boarding and wakesurfing or training for team sports like basketball, football, MMA, lacrosse and soccer, the Roller Board is perfect for every athlete
- MADE FROM PINE AND POPLAR WOOD - The deck is made from premium hardwood construction of pine and poplar wood with a layer of non-slip emery grip tape on top. The roller is made from PVC with a soft fabric on the outside that adheres naturally to the bottom of the board
- WORKOUT GUIDE & QUICKSTART GUIDE INCLUDED - Get started with your balance board right away and enjoy the fun and interactive exercises that enhance cognitive and physical functionality
- THE 100% URBNFit PROMISE - At URBNFit We care about our customers reaching their fitness goals. If you have any issues with your Roller Board, get in touch and we'll be happy to make it right
- IMPROVE STRENGTH & CONDITIONING - This balance board physical therapy is designed to stimulate your core and improve your agility, reaction time, and stamina, this low-impact workout is great for all.
- COMPACT, PORTABLE TRAINER - At 17.5" x 13.5" x 3" in size, our lightweight balance exercise equipment can be used at therapy or training at home, the gym, or while traveling. Perfect standing desk accessories
- SLIP-RESISTANT SURFACE - The top of each rocker balance board features an easy-grip surface that's gentle on bare feet but helps keep you in place safely and securely.
- STRONG, STABLE BASE - This heavy-duty plywood balancing board is made with long-lasting strength and durability to hold kids and adults up to 300 lbs.
- TRUE QUALITY ASSURANCE - StrongTek products are backed by unbeatable quality and customer support, which is why they come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- INCLUDES Two (2) Balance Boards
- Works With Most Lipo Battery Chargers
- Works With 2S - 6S Batteries With A JST-XH Balance Plug
- High Quality Silicone Wires
- JST-XH Connector Is On Traxxas, Venom, Racers Edge, And Many More Batteries
- CanDo Balance Board Combo has handles/slots to add band or tubing
- Latex Free
- The balance boards are made of a strong but lightweight plastic for portability
- Balance Board
- 15 x 18 inch
- 2" height - green
- CanDo - the inexpensive alternative to Theraband
- STAY READY FOR ANYTHING THE WATER THROWS AT YOU: The all new Revolution Swell 2.0 Balance Board is designed to prepare you for moments out on the water that require your entire body to be working in unison. Surfers, Paddle Boarders (SUP), Wakesurfers, Kiteboarders, Longboarders - The Swell 2.0 is for you.
- DURASOFT TRACTION: Our exclusive traction surface is extremely comfortable to use with bare feet, or with shoes, and super durable at the same time. Won't scratch you or your floors like other rough griptape top boards.
- EXTENDED ROLLER, MORE CHALLENGE: The long roller and expanded size of the Swell board allows for a variety of both heel-to-toe and side-to-side balance training, perfect for maximizing your skills on the water. Use the roller in either direction.
- MAGSWITCH ADJUSTABLE STOPS: The Swell 2.0 features a strong magnetic stop system, which is adjustable in seconds without any tools. Beginners can start slow by setting a shorter rolling distance, and work their way up to more difficulty. Seasoned riders can step up the challenge even more by easily removing the stops.
- HIGH END CONSTRUCTION: Designed and Handcrafted In The USA. Weight Rating of 450 lbs.
- DEVELOP KIDS STRENGTH: The wooden board for balancing its creation is due to the community. It stimulates the vestibular system, which is of great importance for general development and learning. It supports the muscles responsible for the correct posture develops the sense of balance.
- MULTI-WAYS TO PLAY: Children can play this balance board with their imagination. Children can rock, use it as a car track, bridge, slide, balance beam, stepping stool, resting or reading spot, tunnel, doll cradle. The possibilities are endless!
- SIZE&WEIGHT: Measures 35 inches long, 11.8 inches wide, and 6 inches tall at the highest point. It is 0.66 inches thick. Allowing it to support 220kg/485lbs!
- BOARD MATERIAL: Highest quality natural beech wood and birch wood,ecologically friendly lacquers. The wood has unique coloring, texture, grain, and mineral patterns in the outer layer. These are variations that make each board one of a kind.
- GREAT QUALITY ASSURANCE: Because our products are made of wood, so it is easy to be broken during transportation. If you receive the balance board wood edge is damaged, please don't hesitate to contact us freely! We'd love to help you with any problems in transaction.
- The best balance board for improving core strength, balance, and agility while having fun
- Challenging balance board that helps improve center of balance and quickness on your feet
- Perfect balance boards for a standing desk to stay active and build skills at work
- Extremely durable materials and construction includes lifetime warranty
- Practice rotations, improve spatial awareness and proper initiation of spins for all board sports
- Clean and stylish design means the Plane can live anywhere, whether a work environment or your family room
- Compact and easy-to-use, easily stored out of the way
- The Plane is designed and built in California, USA, is composed of recycled materials, and is recyclable
- 83% of our users are happier when they're on one of our decks
- The Plane can accommodate weight up to 200-lbs.
- A FULL BODY WORKOUT - Use your Wobble Boards to build muscle, recover from injury, improve your posture, and enhance your balance. The various bodyweight exercises you can do with exercise boards target muscle group in the legs, core, chest, back, and arms. The versatility of Fit Boards makes them an essential tool for the at-home gym workouts or a useful piece of physical therapy equipment
- BURN CALORIES STANDING AT YOUR DESK - Studies show sitting for long periods of time is bad your long-term health. Wobble boards are ideal for use in the office and at a standing desk because not only does it get you standing, but the small movements used to help you balance actually help you burn calories through non-exercise activity thermogenesis
- MADE FOR ALL FITNESS LEVELS AND AGES - Our fitness boards are designed to be efficient and safe. Non-slip grips on the top of the disc keep your feet in place as you go through the workout. The wooden balance boards are made from premium wood. They are designed and carefully constructed to give you maximum effectiveness at any workout level
- BONUS PDF EXERCISE GUIDE INCLUDED - Created and designed by accredited personal trainers, we've included a free beginner's exercise guide along with your balance board to get you losing weight and started on your fitness journey
- THE URBNFit PROMISE - We have one goal: help you achieve your fitness goals. That's why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our home exercise equipment. If you have any issues, we'll fix it; that's our promise. READ THE REVIEWS!
- The XT60 Balanced Charging Board used for simultaneously charging multiple lithium batteries(including LiPo, LiFe, and Li-ion types) in parallel
- Support 6 pairs 2S,6 pairs 3S,6 pairs 4S,6 pairs 5S,6 pairs 6S balance charge
- Built-in short circuit protection, Convenient to charge and balance up to 6 lipo batteries at the same time when used with a balance charger
- Prevent Short Circuit : 20Z of thick copper foil sustainable resistance to flow 80A
- It can prevent each cell overcharge, so it can improve the balance efficiency. And the later period of the balance charging cycle is shorted substantially.
- GREAT FOR BALANCE TRAINING: Yes4All Rocker Balance Board is excellent to improve core strength, posture, enhances coordination, sense of balance, and visual sense. Great to strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints
- DURABLE, NON SLIP SURFACE: Premium Exercise Rocker Board with anti-skid pad on the surface provides a secure grip for absolute safety. 17. 5-inch length is large enough for both feet. Support up to 350lbs
- NONSKID FEET: Designed with an anti-slip base to ensure safety during your workout. Great to perform side to side or front to back movement. The nonskid feet are perfect on any surface, including concrete, wood, cork, carpet, etc.
- VERSATILE, COMPACT BALANCE BOARD: With the lightweight, portable design, this Exercise Rocker Board is great for Balance Exercises, Home Gyms, Gyms, Sport Performance Enhancement, Rehabilitation, Strength and Balance Workouts
- BEST SATISFACTORY WARR: We fully stand behind our products. If our product does not meet your needs, our customer service is free-hassle to resolve your issue at once
Get More Out of Your Workout with a Balance Board
Fitness enthusiasts and athletes alike, will more often than not, include stability training into their workout regimen in order to enhance performance. Having good balance can improve your workout effectiveness and performance on the field. Good balance really helps when it comes to strengthening core muscles to give you better support while reducing your risk of injury. Many of the exercises you already perform quite easily can be made more challenging with the use of a balance board. Fitness trainers, athletes, and fitness newbies utilize a balance board in their workout programs, in exercises such as push-ups, planks, and body weight squats, to recruit stabilizer muscles, that will assist the primary muscle group, and promote full muscle activation.
Stability Training with Balance Boards
Fitness is all about consistent exercise and good eating habits. When it comes to exercise most of us focus on cardio and weight training, and balance training seldom comes to mind. Balance training can provide excellent benefits to one’s overall health and wellness. Balance and stability training is a form of light to moderate exercise that helps train the body to use and strengthen stabilizer muscles to help us improve our balance. A balance board is an excellent fitness tool designed to aid in balance training. Balance boards provide an excellent introduction to balance training. A balance board is a board with various shapes and sizes attached under it, and is used in balance training. Because of the instability of the board, you engage all of the muscles in your feet and your core to maintain balance. This improves your overall stability Balance boards are a small investment with great benefits to your health and they are made highly durable.Balance boards are ideal for barefoot training or with shoes on. The solid surface of a board engages primarily the muscles in the ankle. Balance boards are great fitness tools for anyone that takes part in balance training, beginners, seniors, and experienced athletes alike.
A Balance Board Improves Stability
Stability is a very important part of everyday life. We must integrate exercise into our daily routine to keep our stabilizer muscles nice and strong, so we don’t compromise our stability. Stabilizer muscles are responsible for keeping you balanced, to help you maintain good equilibrium. Stability can be compromised in a couple of ways. As we get older, our balance and ability to maintain equilibrium become less effective. An injury is another way to hamper stability or affect the way we walk (our natural gait). Working with a balance board will improve balance and stability.
How to Reduce Back Pain with your Balance Board
Improving balance and strengthening your core, will strengthen those lower back muscles and help you improve your posture. Good posture and a strong back will allow you to walk, run, workout, even get up out of a chair pain-free. Back pain is often the result of weak back muscles and poor posture. Balance boards improve posture, strengthen core muscles and help reduce back pain caused by not having good posture and a strong core.
Improve Your Motor Skills with Balance Board Training
Good motor skills at every age are important. Children, teenagers, adults, and especially seniors, benefit greatly from sharp motor skills. Motor skills improvement comes with better strength, balance, stability, and coordination. These are all skills we can improve upon by using our balance board. A balance board can be especially helpful as we move into adulthood. We all need to keep our motor skills and reaction times sharp as we age.
Conditioning and Rehabilitation – Balance Board Physical Therapy
Balance boards play an integral role in some injury and post-surgical rehabilitation. Physical therapists will use stability rehab as a way of increasing mobility and strengthen muscles after an injury or surgical procedure. The soft composition and non-slip surface of a balance board make it an excellent choice for a Physical Therapists prescriptive plan to incorporate balance boards in their therapies. Here are a few examples of how a balance board can be used in rehabilitative services. Balance boards have been used in rehabilitation for:
- Knee surgery
- ACL injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Hip replacement
- Pain management
Why Choose a Balance Board?
Balance boards are a versatile piece of exercise equipment, with many uses. Balance boards can be used in a light warmup, or as an essential part of your balance and stability training. It can also be used as an integral part of a strength training workout. For example, a balance board can be used as a substitute for a yoga mat to further increase and improve balance and stamina. And lastly, balance boards have been used successfully in the medical field by Physical therapists, using it as an important tool to help their patients rehab and recover more quickly and to help them regain their balance, strength, and mobility. There are various types of balance aids to use. Balance boards are relatively safe because of their flat surface, with less risk of falling off the board by wearing shoes and then progressing to barefoot training. Below is an example of several exercises you can do with your balance board.
Foam Board Balance Exercises
Here’s a quick list of some of the best balance exercises we use every day. Its generally recommended that you hang onto something like a bar or door knob while working with the board.
One-Leg Stands: To strengthen your ankles and knees, one-leg stands can really work those lower leg stabilizers. Place one foot in the center of your balance board. Slowly raise one leg and stand balanced on one leg for a count of ten seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
Crawls: Start these in a pushup position with one or both feet on the floor and the balance board situated to the left or right of the hands. Move the outside hand over the near hand and onto the board. Reverse the movement and repeat.
Lunges: Stand with both feet either on or off the balance board. Lunge forward, onto or off the board. Stabilize and return to the upright or starting position. Try these laterally, to the rear or as crossovers.
Push-ups: Perform these with hands on opposite corners of the balance board and feet stacked out to one side. As a variation, try performing push-ups with one hand on the board and the other on the floor.
Single Leg Squats – Stand on the balance board on one foot, holding a medicine ball or dumbbells in front of you at waist level. Squat to a below parallel position while extending the medicine ball or dumbbells forward. Return to the upright position and repeat on both sides. Variations: Practice this exercise on a stable surface first and then try it on a plyo box or step.
Single-Leg Biceps Curl – This is a great full-body workout that targets multiple muscle groups simultaneously. For this exercise, you will need a pair of dumbbells (5-10 pounds). Stand on the board with feet placed equally apart while holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Slowly raise one leg up to form a 90-degree angle at the hip and knee. Maintain balance on the one leg as you proceed to do a classic biceps curl bringing the dumbbells up to your shoulders, bending your elbows out then slowly bring the dumbbells back down. Repeat the step with the opposite leg, carrying out 6 reps each. Standing on your balance board with a pair of dumbbells in your hands, slowly raise one leg until you feel balanced. Then begin to do traditional curls. As a variation, you can do alternating curls which challenge you even more with balance.
These are only some of the best balance exercises, we will add more in the future, so keep coming back to this page for more updates and information on new ways to use your foam balance board.
Safely using your Balance Board
Before starting any exercise program, you should first consult your physician to be sure balance training is right for you. You should always discuss any medical conditions or special needs you have that may make balance training not ideal.
Always place the board on a stable surface: The rocker creates optimal instability. Never place it on a surface that may not be sturdy or can wobble beneath the board as this can lead to injury. The ideal placement is on the floor and near something sturdy, such as a counter or wall, to grab onto if you feel as though you are going to fall.
Stop at the sign of pain: If you feel any pain from exercising with your balance board, stop immediately and consult your physician. Adding a balance board to your workout can be an excellent way to challenge your body and improve your balance and mobility. Start slowly with your balance board and get a feel for the unstable environment you are exposing to your body. Proceed to more difficult exercises as you become more comfortable with your balance board.
A balance board is a high-quality piece of exercise equipment and is perfectly suited for exercise, physical therapy, rehabilitation and various other activities like yoga and stretching. Seniors will enjoy it for stability training because it’s comfortable and safe to use. Be creative and incorporate the use of a balance board into your life.
Balance Board Exercises for Seniors
Fun balance exercises for elderly people, using a balance board, is easy to use, and a lightweight piece of equipment to add to your exercise program. Exercises for seniors are a great way to keep active, build strength, and increase mobility. Please be sure to have a partner or perform the following exercises next to a wall, to hold if need be while performing the following exercises. Below are excellent balance exercises for seniors to do at home, their local gym, or a community senior center.
2 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step onto the balance board with both feet. When you feel your balance, slowly let go of your partner’s hand, stable object, or wall. Continue to stand maintaining your balance for a short period of time that is comfortable for you. For example, 30 seconds, then step off. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat.
2 Legged Stand and Ankle Rotations: Holding the hand of your partner, a wall, slowly step onto the balance board with both feet. Get your balance first, then gently touch down one side the board, then the other side. When comfortable with touching down, start drawing circles to the right. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat the other directions.
1 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step into the center of the balance board with both feet. When you feel your balance, raise one foot slowly off of the board to balance on one foot. When performing this exercise it is a good idea to continue to hold on to your partner, a stable object or the nearby wall until you feel your balance is good enough to progress to standing on one foot without any assistance.
Balance Board Squat: Stand on the balance board with both arms straight out in front of you, holding onto your partners hands. Squat down slowly as low as you can without discomfort, or as low as if you were sitting in a chair, and then stand straight up again. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
These dynamic balance exercises for elderly people are an excellent way for them to strengthen their ankles and legs, and increase mobility. Balance boards are used everyday in physical therapy balance exercises for elderly. Ask your Doctor or Physical Therapist for balance exercises for seniors handout, with specific exercises that are recommended for you at your next visit.
Content Contributor: Mary
Mary has a passion for learning about the human body, specializing in epigenetics. Blogging on multiple platforms, she loves to share the current research. More than research, she loves to be outdoors climbing, hiking and biking.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-05-21