Best Balance Boards in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1 Best Balance Boards in 2020 – Top Products Rated
- 1.1 60uP Balance Board Program- as seen on TV -Bob Eubanks. Trains 3 Vital Elements of Balance: Body Strength, Body Alignment & Neuro-Brain Connections. Patented Best Program to Regain/Maintain Balance
- 1.2 Wooden Wobble Balance Board, Gentle Monster 35 Inch Rocker Board Natural Wood, Kids Toddler Open Ended Learning Toy , Yoga Curvy Board for Classroom & Office Adult
- 1.3 StrongTek Professional Wooden Balance Board, Rocker Board, 17.5 Inch Wood Standing Desk Accessory, Balancing Board for Under Desk, Anti Slip Roller, Core Strength, Stability, Office Wobble Boards …
- 1.4 AmazonBasics Wood Wobble Balance Board - 16.2 x 16.2 x 3.6 Inches, Black
- 1.5 Yes4All Bongo Balance Board/Balance Board Trainer – 29” Long Wooden Bongo Board and 4” Diameter Roller, Yellow/Black
- 1.6 Kinderfeets, Kinderboard, Waldorf Original Wooden Balance Board for Toddlers, Kids, Teens, Adults (Natural)
- 1.7 Yes4All Non-Slip Rocker Balance Board, 17.5” Physical Therapy Rocker Board for Injury Rehabilitation Exercise and Core Strength Training (Black)
- 1.8 EveryMile Wobble Balance Board, Exercise Balance Stability Trainer Portable Balance Board with Handle for Workout Core Trainer Physical Therapy & Gym 15.7" Diameter No-Skid Surface
- 1.9 Yes4All Wooden Wobble Balance Board – Exercise Balance Stability Trainer 15.75 inch Diameter - Blue - ²L6CJZ
- 1.10 EasyGoProducts Perfect Balance Board Roller
- 1.11 Get More Out of Your Workout with a Balance Board
- 1.12 Stability Training with Balance Boards
- 1.13 A Balance Board Improves Stability
- 1.14 How to Reduce Back Pain with your Balance Board
- 1.15 Improve Your Motor Skills with Balance Board Training
- 1.16 Conditioning and Rehabilitation – Balance Board Physical Therapy
- 1.17 Why Choose a Balance Board?
- 1.18 Foam Board Balance Exercises
- 1.19 Safely using your Balance Board
- 1.20 Balance Board Exercises for Seniors
- 1.21 Additional Products to View
Designed to enhance your fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Improves Balance, Core Stability and Coordination
- Improves Fine Motor Skills
- Reduces Back Pain
- Great for Rehabilitation on ankles, knees and hips
- Patented Balance Board designed specifically for Seniors
- You can use 60uP anywhere - the living room while watching TV, the bedroom...even outdoors
- Made of Engineered Composite Compound that can comfortably hold over 1000 pounds. Made In America.
- Stores easily under the bed or in a closet. Dual balance flex poles with secure grip
- Low 4“ height for an easy step-up, non-slip textured workout surface
- 🌱【UNLIMITED WAYS TO PLAY】 The Wooden Balance Board is whatever you imagine it to be - a swing, a bridge, a shop, a cabin, a stepping stone, a racetrack, a lounge chair, fitness equipment, a puppet, a small football goal, a teeter popper or a tunnel......
- 🌱【DEVELOP MULTIPLE SKILLS】 It stimulates the vestibular system, which is of great importance for general development and learning. It supports the muscles responsible for the correct posture develops the sense of balance.
- 🌱【BOTH FOR KIDS AND ADULTS】 The board is a wooden toy that grows with the child and is also very suitable for adults. To get fit, stretch your back (as a seat aid) in yoga exercises, to train balance or just because it's fun. It's possible to do a wide range of exercises on the wooden board.
- 🌱【TRUE QUALITY ASSURANCE】 Highest quality natural real wood,ecologically friendly lacquers. The wood has unique coloring, texture, grain, and mineral patterns in the outer layer, which make each board one of a kind.
- 🌱【SIZE & WEIGHT】 Measures 35 inches long, 11.8 inches wide, 0.66 inches thick and 6 inches tall at the highest point. This durable piece of Montessori furniture is a solid heirloom item that can be used for many years of adventure.It can safely hold up to 480lbs so that friends can join the fun too.
- ✓ IMPROVE STRENGTH & CONDITIONING – This wooden rocker board physical therapy is designed to stimulate your core and improve your agility, reaction time, and stamina, this low-impact exercise board is great for all.
- ✓ COMPACT, PORTABLE TRAINER – At 17.5” x 13.5” x 3” in size, our lightweight balance exerciser / fit tilt board can be used at therapy or training at home, the gym, or while traveling. A perfect standing desk accessory
- ✓ SLIP-RESISTANT SURFACE – The top of each rocker balance board features an easy-grip surface that’s gentle on bare feet but helps keep you in place safely and securely.
- ✓ STRONG, STABLE BASE – Made of high-quality Lauan hardwood plywood from sustainable, plantation-grown timbers , stronger and last longer than others made of birch and pine plywood. This heavy-duty balancing board can hold kids and adults up to 350 lbs.
- ✓ TRUE QUALITY ASSURANCE – The workout board / core trainer is backed by unbeatable quality and customer support, which is why they come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Black balance board can help improve core strength, coordination, posture, and balance
- Suitable for a wide range of exercises, including push-ups, plank, standing balance poses, and targeted workouts for strengthening specific muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints
- Solid wood top supports up to 265 pounds; non-slip surface for a secure grip
- For individuals and athletes; ideal for a rehab center, gym, or home workout space
- Measures 15.5 by 15.5 by 3.15 inches (LxWxH); backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
- GREAT FOR BALANCE TRAINING: improve core strength, posture, enhance coordination & visual sense. Great to build better balance for board sports like surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, ollies, kick flip, shun-its, rail slides & more
- HARDWOOD CONSTRUCTION WITH ANTI-SLIP PEEVE SURFACE: premium wooden balance board Trainer with an anti-skid pad on the surface provides a secure grip for Absolute safety, max support up to 300lbs. Great for Use with, or without shoes
- WOODEN ROLLER WITH TPE COVER: constructed of solid wood with thick TPE layer, the roller contains nontoxic chemicals for health safety. The non-slip roller works great on different types of flooring, including wood, carpet, cork, concrete and more
- TWO REMOVABLE STOPPERS INCLUDED: The package is fully equipped with two removable stoppers and four screws to help you adjust the distance for your preferred level. There are 3 basic distances for you to choose, including 11, 16, and 22 inches
- ENHANCE THE COORDINATION AND BALANCE: Practicing with Yes4All Balance Trainers can seriously improve stability, enhance core strength of the legs and abdomen, plus increase mobility and prevent falls and injury in the long term
- Included Components: Board, Roller
- BUILDS CONFIDENCE AND BALANCE - Kinderfeets' Kinderboards are created to help children develop a sense of balance, stimulate their vestibular system, and gain a deep sense of awareness of the body and its parts. It stimulates early childhood development on both physical and mental aspects while offering open-ended play opportunities.
- ENCOURAGES CREATIVITY - Watch your child’s imagination take over once their Kinderboard arrives. They can use it as a seesaw, a balancing board, a slide, a step stool, a boat, a resting place, a doll bed, a puppet stage, a tunnel, and anything that they could ever imagine. The possibilities are endless, and truly up to them.
- PREMIUM BUILT - These heavy-duty boards assure long-lasting use and durability. Each board is carefully handcrafted to make sure of its premium built and safety of use. Suitable for toddlers, children, teens, and even adults weighing up to 220 kilos or 485 pounds.
- UNFADING QUALITY - With its water-based lacquer, Kinderboards can be used both indoors and outdoors without worry. Rain or shine, you can't stop your little ones from enjoying these fun balance boards at home or in school.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - These wooden boards use eco-friendly stains, water-based lacquers, and timber that are also FSC-certified, and meets Australian standards, EU standards and US standards.
- GREAT FOR BALANCE TRAINING: Yes4All Rocker Balance Board is excellent to improve core strength, posture, enhances coordination, sense of balance, and visual sense. Great to strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints
- DURABLE, NON SLIP SURFACE: Premium Exercise Rocker Board with anti-skid pad on the surface provides a secure grip for absolute safety. 17. 5-inch length is large enough for both feet. Support up to 350lbs
- NONSKID FEET: Designed with an anti-slip base to ensure safety during your workout. Great to perform side to side or front to back movement. The nonskid feet are perfect on any surface, including concrete, wood, cork, carpet, etc.
- VERSATILE, COMPACT BALANCE BOARD: With the lightweight, portable design, this Exercise Rocker Board is great for Balance Exercises, Home Gyms, Gyms, Sport Performance Enhancement, Rehabilitation, Strength and Balance Workouts
- COMPACT SIZE – USE ANYWHERE: Designed with a portable size so that you can carry it anywhere for quick workouts at home, gym or you can take it to the office and use it under your standing desk
- Anti-skid Performance: Abrasion-resistant ABS platform with 6 non-skid feet and non-slip textured surface for maximum stability and added strength, you'll feel stable while exercising even when you're sweaty
- 360 DEGREE ROTATION &15 DEGREE TILTING ANGLE. It is great to perform side to side, front to back, stretch and circular drills. Improve your balance, coordination, and flexibility while targeting and strengthening core areas of your body. Perfect for balance training and core stability workouts
- Portable Balance Board: With portable handle design, and it is lightweight, very easy to take with you to gym, to office or travel or at home
- Compact & Durable: Made with durable plastic and TPR material. 3.5lbs, 15.7" Diameter * 3.94" Height, holds up to 300 lbs
- This wobble balance board provides a stable workout rehabilitation and physical therapy for anyone trying to overcome an injury, be it adult athletes or dancers, kids playing sports, or seniors after surgery
- GREAT FOR BALANCE TRAINING: Improves core strength, posture, enhances coordination, sense of balance and visual sense. Great to strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints
- DURABLE, NON SLIP SURFACE: Premium Wooden Balance Board with anti-skid pad on the surface provides a secure grip for absolute safety. 15.75 inch diameter large enough for both feet. Support up to 300 lbs
- 360 DEGREE ROTATION and 15 DEGREE TILTING ANGLE: 360 degrees rotation and up to 15 tilting degree, great to perform side to side, front to back, stretch and circular drills
- VERSATILE, COMPACT BALANCE BOARD: With the lightweight, portable design, this balance board is great for Balance Exercises, Home Gyms, Gyms, Sport Performance Enhancement, Rehabilitation, Strength and Balance Workouts
- COMPACT SIZE – USE ANYWHERE: Designed with a portable size so that you can carry it anywhere for quick workouts at home, gym or you can take it to the office and use it under your standing desk
- WOOD BOARD – Our board is strong and will last for years and years. Can hold up to 3000 pounds. Board is 30 inches long and 14 inches wide. Board is made from 9 Ply wood for extra strength. Made from hardwood, Poplar and Pine.
- WOODEN ROLLER – The wooden roller is 4. 5” X 16 inches long. Wrapped with rubber coating so that it can roll easily and not catch lint, dust and debris like other felt wrapped rollers.
- IMPROVE BALANCE - Designed to improve balance, posture, agility, stability and build better balance all while enjoying the challenge. Can do Exercises Like Deep Squad, Plank, Push-up, Bow Stance and Yoga Pose.
- SPORTS TRAINING – Great for oeverall fitness and building your core and helps greatly with balance sports like surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding and skiing.
- We hope that you enjoy this product and will become a 100% satisfied customer. If for any reason you are not satisfied simply return within 30 days and we will refund your product cost.
Get More Out of Your Workout with a Balance Board
Fitness enthusiasts and athletes alike, will more often than not, include stability training into their workout regimen in order to enhance performance. Having good balance can improve your workout effectiveness and performance on the field. Good balance really helps when it comes to strengthening core muscles to give you better support while reducing your risk of injury. Many of the exercises you already perform quite easily can be made more challenging with the use of a balance board. Fitness trainers, athletes, and fitness newbies utilize a balance board in their workout programs, in exercises such as push-ups, planks, and body weight squats, to recruit stabilizer muscles, that will assist the primary muscle group, and promote full muscle activation.
Stability Training with Balance Boards
Fitness is all about consistent exercise and good eating habits. When it comes to exercise most of us focus on cardio and weight training, and balance training seldom comes to mind. Balance training can provide excellent benefits to one’s overall health and wellness. Balance and stability training is a form of light to moderate exercise that helps train the body to use and strengthen stabilizer muscles to help us improve our balance. A balance board is an excellent fitness tool designed to aid in balance training. Balance boards provide an excellent introduction to balance training. A balance board is a board with various shapes and sizes attached under it, and is used in balance training. Because of the instability of the board, you engage all of the muscles in your feet and your core to maintain balance. This improves your overall stability Balance boards are a small investment with great benefits to your health and they are made highly durable.Balance boards are ideal for barefoot training or with shoes on. The solid surface of a board engages primarily the muscles in the ankle. Balance boards are great fitness tools for anyone that takes part in balance training, beginners, seniors, and experienced athletes alike.
A Balance Board Improves Stability
Stability is a very important part of everyday life. We must integrate exercise into our daily routine to keep our stabilizer muscles nice and strong, so we don’t compromise our stability. Stabilizer muscles are responsible for keeping you balanced, to help you maintain good equilibrium. Stability can be compromised in a couple of ways. As we get older, our balance and ability to maintain equilibrium become less effective. An injury is another way to hamper stability or affect the way we walk (our natural gait). Working with a balance board will improve balance and stability.
How to Reduce Back Pain with your Balance Board
Improving balance and strengthening your core, will strengthen those lower back muscles and help you improve your posture. Good posture and a strong back will allow you to walk, run, workout, even get up out of a chair pain-free. Back pain is often the result of weak back muscles and poor posture. Balance boards improve posture, strengthen core muscles and help reduce back pain caused by not having good posture and a strong core.
Improve Your Motor Skills with Balance Board Training
Good motor skills at every age are important. Children, teenagers, adults, and especially seniors, benefit greatly from sharp motor skills. Motor skills improvement comes with better strength, balance, stability, and coordination. These are all skills we can improve upon by using our balance board. A balance board can be especially helpful as we move into adulthood. We all need to keep our motor skills and reaction times sharp as we age.
Conditioning and Rehabilitation – Balance Board Physical Therapy
Balance boards play an integral role in some injury and post-surgical rehabilitation. Physical therapists will use stability rehab as a way of increasing mobility and strengthen muscles after an injury or surgical procedure. The soft composition and non-slip surface of a balance board make it an excellent choice for a Physical Therapists prescriptive plan to incorporate balance boards in their therapies. Here are a few examples of how a balance board can be used in rehabilitative services. Balance boards have been used in rehabilitation for:
- Knee surgery
- ACL injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Hip replacement
- Pain management
Why Choose a Balance Board?
Balance boards are a versatile piece of exercise equipment, with many uses. Balance boards can be used in a light warmup, or as an essential part of your balance and stability training. It can also be used as an integral part of a strength training workout. For example, a balance board can be used as a substitute for a yoga mat to further increase and improve balance and stamina. And lastly, balance boards have been used successfully in the medical field by Physical therapists, using it as an important tool to help their patients rehab and recover more quickly and to help them regain their balance, strength, and mobility. There are various types of balance aids to use. Balance boards are relatively safe because of their flat surface, with less risk of falling off the board by wearing shoes and then progressing to barefoot training. Below is an example of several exercises you can do with your balance board.
Foam Board Balance Exercises
Here’s a quick list of some of the best balance exercises we use every day. Its generally recommended that you hang onto something like a bar or door knob while working with the board.
One-Leg Stands: To strengthen your ankles and knees, one-leg stands can really work those lower leg stabilizers. Place one foot in the center of your balance board. Slowly raise one leg and stand balanced on one leg for a count of ten seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
Crawls: Start these in a pushup position with one or both feet on the floor and the balance board situated to the left or right of the hands. Move the outside hand over the near hand and onto the board. Reverse the movement and repeat.
Lunges: Stand with both feet either on or off the balance board. Lunge forward, onto or off the board. Stabilize and return to the upright or starting position. Try these laterally, to the rear or as crossovers.
Push-ups: Perform these with hands on opposite corners of the balance board and feet stacked out to one side. As a variation, try performing push-ups with one hand on the board and the other on the floor.
Single Leg Squats – Stand on the balance board on one foot, holding a medicine ball or dumbbells in front of you at waist level. Squat to a below parallel position while extending the medicine ball or dumbbells forward. Return to the upright position and repeat on both sides. Variations: Practice this exercise on a stable surface first and then try it on a plyo box or step.
Single-Leg Biceps Curl – This is a great full-body workout that targets multiple muscle groups simultaneously. For this exercise, you will need a pair of dumbbells (5-10 pounds). Stand on the board with feet placed equally apart while holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Slowly raise one leg up to form a 90-degree angle at the hip and knee. Maintain balance on the one leg as you proceed to do a classic biceps curl bringing the dumbbells up to your shoulders, bending your elbows out then slowly bring the dumbbells back down. Repeat the step with the opposite leg, carrying out 6 reps each. Standing on your balance board with a pair of dumbbells in your hands, slowly raise one leg until you feel balanced. Then begin to do traditional curls. As a variation, you can do alternating curls which challenge you even more with balance.
These are only some of the best balance exercises, we will add more in the future, so keep coming back to this page for more updates and information on new ways to use your foam balance board.
Safely using your Balance Board
Before starting any exercise program, you should first consult your physician to be sure balance training is right for you. You should always discuss any medical conditions or special needs you have that may make balance training not ideal.
Always place the board on a stable surface: The rocker creates optimal instability. Never place it on a surface that may not be sturdy or can wobble beneath the board as this can lead to injury. The ideal placement is on the floor and near something sturdy, such as a counter or wall, to grab onto if you feel as though you are going to fall.
Stop at the sign of pain: If you feel any pain from exercising with your balance board, stop immediately and consult your physician. Adding a balance board to your workout can be an excellent way to challenge your body and improve your balance and mobility. Start slowly with your balance board and get a feel for the unstable environment you are exposing to your body. Proceed to more difficult exercises as you become more comfortable with your balance board.
A balance board is a high-quality piece of exercise equipment and is perfectly suited for exercise, physical therapy, rehabilitation and various other activities like yoga and stretching. Seniors will enjoy it for stability training because it’s comfortable and safe to use. Be creative and incorporate the use of a balance board into your life.
Balance Board Exercises for Seniors
Fun balance exercises for elderly people, using a balance board, is easy to use, and a lightweight piece of equipment to add to your exercise program. Exercises for seniors are a great way to keep active, build strength, and increase mobility. Please be sure to have a partner or perform the following exercises next to a wall, to hold if need be while performing the following exercises. Below are excellent balance exercises for seniors to do at home, their local gym, or a community senior center.
2 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step onto the balance board with both feet. When you feel your balance, slowly let go of your partner’s hand, stable object, or wall. Continue to stand maintaining your balance for a short period of time that is comfortable for you. For example, 30 seconds, then step off. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat.
2 Legged Stand and Ankle Rotations: Holding the hand of your partner, a wall, slowly step onto the balance board with both feet. Get your balance first, then gently touch down one side the board, then the other side. When comfortable with touching down, start drawing circles to the right. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat the other directions.
1 Legged Stand and Balance: Holding the hand of your partner, a stable object or a wall, slowly step into the center of the balance board with both feet. When you feel your balance, raise one foot slowly off of the board to balance on one foot. When performing this exercise it is a good idea to continue to hold on to your partner, a stable object or the nearby wall until you feel your balance is good enough to progress to standing on one foot without any assistance.
Balance Board Squat: Stand on the balance board with both arms straight out in front of you, holding onto your partners hands. Squat down slowly as low as you can without discomfort, or as low as if you were sitting in a chair, and then stand straight up again. Repeat 3-5 times or whatever is comfortable for you.
These dynamic balance exercises for elderly people are an excellent way for them to strengthen their ankles and legs, and increase mobility. Balance boards are used everyday in physical therapy balance exercises for elderly. Ask your Doctor or Physical Therapist for balance exercises for seniors handout, with specific exercises that are recommended for you at your next visit.
Content Contributor: Mary G
Mary has a passion for learning about the human body, specializing in epigenetics. Blogging on multiple platforms, she loves to share the current research. More than research, she loves to be outdoors climbing, hiking and biking.
Fitness, health and supplements has been a life long passion for Mary, and she practices what she preaches by leading a healthy life lifting weights, kick boxing, eating healthy and maintaining a well balanced lifestyle. Mary is available for consultations and coaching, specializng in womens health issues.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-07-14.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.