Designed to be a highly effective way to enhance stability, improve your fitness, and enjoy a healthy lifestyle
An exercise ball, also known as a fitness ball, stability ball or Swiss ball, is a ball made of soft elastic with a diameter of approximately 35 to 85 centimeters (14 to 34 inches) and filled with air. A single valve stem is how you inflate and deflate the ball.
Exercise balls are showing up every where: as office ball chairs to work with or without a standing desk, as a therapy ball chair, as a birthing ball and obviously as an exercise ball used to enhance your workout. Others use it to relieve back pain, improve flexibility and stabilization within your core.
Exercise Balls And All Its Benefits
Exercise balls were designed by a Swiss doctor in the 1960’s to be used in physical therapy treatment.
Exercise balls are a very useful and effective way to build muscle, work on your endurance and strengthen your core while developing balance and flexibility.
A stability ball can provide a platform for your entire workout routine, or you can use if for specific exercises. You can increase the intensity of your workout on the ball and place increased stress on your core. The effort to remain balanced engages muscles not normally used in a stable environment. For example, move your body around on the ball so that it supports less of your body while doing crunches or pushups.
Best Exercise Balls
1. Black Mountain Exercise Ball
Black Mountain Products Stability Ball is designed to bring a gym quality product to your home at an affordable price. They will help you perform all types of stability ball exercises ranging from beginner to experienced exercises. With our versatile stability ball, you can target upper body, upper/lower back, abs/core, and legs. It is designed to improve your core strength, balance, and overall agility. This gym quality stability ball will help you improve your health and overall wellness from the comfort of your own home.
Black Mountain Stability Exercise Balls feature dense walls for ultimate support and durability. Black Mountain Products Stability Ball is weight-rated up to 2,000 lbs. and available in 4 colors and 5 sizes for the perfect look and fit.
2. Live Infinitely Exercise Ball
Anti-Burst Tested – Professional grade PVC material, extensive testing, and a unique anti-burst design provides for the highest quality exercise balls available on the market. Every exercise ball can withstand up to a 2cm cut with out explosively deflating.
Versatile – Live Infinitely fitness balls make for the perfect addition to your home exercise equipment to improve your core and overall strength. Perfect for pilates, yoga, crossfit or the hundreds of low impact exercises available.
Strong and Durable – With the ability to support over 2200 lbs it will be the strongest pilates, yoga, or balance ball you will ever own. Durable enough to be used every day as an exercise ball chair at the office to improve your posture.
All Inclusive Purchase – Every Live Infinitely balance ball comes with an included hand pump, extra air plug, and valve remover tool. Every purchase also includes access to our digital exercise guides and online training workouts to help you reach your goal of a healthier you!
3. Urban Fit Exercise Ball
Made of a closed cell foam, the surface is textured and sweat proof for additional grip.
It is a versatile balance pad that is perfect for all ages & fitness levels. It can be used to increase the difficulty of common exercises like lunges, push-ups, squats, sit-ups, and yoga poses.
Therapeutic benefits: Specially designed to increase balance and used in rehab, physical therapy, physio. Perfect for seniors who need something gentle on their joints.
Yes4All balance pads are ideal to use at home or the gym and are a tear-resistant foam for long-time use.
4. Dynapro Exercise Ball
They will assist to strengthen your core and protect your back. It will challenge your yoga balance poses and arm balances. The pad’s destabilizing feature automatically activates your back and abdominal muscles.
Improve balance and coordination. Standing on the pad will challenge all of your tiny stabilizing muscles in your ankles, knees, and hips. You will also improve your motor skills by just spending just a few minutes per day standing on one leg.
Rehab safely and quickly. Recover from fractures, sprains, injuries safely. Used widely in physical therapy settings. The soft pad supports knees and elbows, allowing muscles and bones to repair and strengthen safely.
Use at your stand-up desk or as a seat support. Stand on your pad while working to keep your core engaged and joints supported. It is also a great sitting cushion to alleviate pain from lower back and pelvis injuries, as well as providing extra height in your chair.
5. Trideer Exercise Ball
Train Safe: The ridged, textured surface means your feet won’t slide around during use allowing you to fully concentrate on your exercises.
Stand, Sit, Kneel: There are many ways to use this balance pad, from rehabbing that injured ankle or knee, to strengthening and stabilizing your core.
The thick pad is built to last and is made with a material that doesn’t easily absorb odors, this exercise pad is built to give you years of trouble-free use.
Recommended For Barefoot Use Only: Please only use this pad while barefoot; otherwise, you could create permanent divots and dents which will lessen your enjoyment and the effectiveness of your training regimen.
Tighten Your Core and Prevent Future Injuries With The Fitnessery Balance Pad
6. 2000 lbs Exercise Stability Ball
- HIGH RESISTANCE UP TO 2000Lbs OF PRESSURE – “The Toughest Ball On The Market”
- TESTED AND APPROVED BY THE BEST FITNESS & WELLNESS PROFESSIONALS Ideal for Yoga Therapy Pilates BBL Gym Fitness and for Pregnancy, Labor & Birth
- FREE FOOT PUMP INCLUDED Having Your Own Pump At Hand Makes Life Easier
- PHTHALATE FREE PVC (16P Free & 6P Free Certified) –
- LATEX FREE No Harmful Chemicals. We Care About You And The Environment
7. Trideer 45-85cm Exercise Ball
- A MUST-HAVE TRAINING BALL: Ideal for fitness studios, for workout at home and at leisure. Ideal for yoga, pilates, fitness or simply for healthy sitting
- ANTI-BURST AND DURABLE: Balance ball rated up to 2000 lbs, Made of environmentally friendly, hypo-allergenic and articulated material, first-class processing
- PERFECT FOR HOME & OFFICE: Makes the perfect addition to your home exercise equipment to improve your core and overall strength. Furthermore, It can be used as an OFFICE BALL CHAIR to improve your posture & Relieve Back Pain
- VERSATILE: Perfect for Pilates, yoga, back and abdominal training and pregnancy gymnastics or the hundreds of low impact exercises available
8. Superior Fitness 600 lb Exercise / Yoga / Stability Ball
- Perfect For Home | Office | Physical Therapy | All While Working Core | BURN FAT WHILE TONING MUSCLE
- 65CM EXERCISE BALL | Heavy Anti Burst PVC | Non Sticky | Won’t Attract Hair & Particles
- RESISTANCE BANDS | Custom Length For Constant Tension On Your Muscle (120 LB UPGRADED BANDS AVAILABLE)
- STABILITY RING | Insure Safety While Doing Your 100 Isolation Exercises Without The Ball Moving
- CUSHIONED HANDLES | Comfort | METAL HOOKS | Safety | PUMP | Ease of inflating | YouTube Exercise Videos
9. Reehut Anti-Burst Core Exercise Ball
- 5 sizes available:
- 45cm (fit for 4’7”and under)
- 55cm (fit for 4’8”to 5’3”)
- 65cm (fit for 5’4” to 5’10”)
- 75cm (fit for 5’11”to 6’4”)
- 85cm (fit for 6’5” and taller)
- Ideal for strengthen the core muscles, improve balance, lose weight, tighten, tone, etc. Great for gym, home, travel and office use.
- Durable, anti-burst PVC material, rate up to 2200 lbs, thick, Eco-friendly and smell-free.
- Air pump included, inflate easily and portable.
- 6 PAGE GUIDE BOOK to show you how to use exercise ball correctly and effectively.
- For Home | Office | Physical Therapy | All While Working Core | BURN FAT WHILE TONING MUSCLE
10. Exercise Fitness Yoga Core Stability Balance Ball
- PREMIUM 42oz EXTRA THICK GRIPPY PVC – Made with professional quality material 70mm thick anti burst and it will never slip on wooden or polished floors for the ultimate safe core workouts in stylish space grey
- 60 MINUTE ONLINE PROFESSIONAL VIDEOS – Get your total core gym ball workout with our Olympic athlete showing you beginner to the most advanced challenging core training exercises straight to your smart phone or computer.
- ECO-FREINDLY 6 BPA FREE – no heavy metal ions and non toxic we enjoy this product with no harmful phthalates
- 65CM SIZE MULTI-USE can be used for a desk ball chair for the office, as a pregnancy aid for birthing ball, use in yoga and Pilates training and all core and functional stability and balance body exercises
Benefits Of Using An Exercise Ball
One of the most versatile pieces of fitness equipment used today by conditioning professionals is the Stability Ball, also known as “Swiss balls”,”Physio Balls”, “Balance Balls”, etc. The Stability Ball plays a big part in fitness training and rehabilitation.
Because they are highly effective in developing balance and strengthening your core, athletic trainers, coaches, personal trainers and physical education teachers have begun to integrate them into their training programs. And the world of athletic and functional conditioning has caught on. They are used with very good results by athletes young and old, and the older population that wants to integrate functional, healthy training into their daily workouts.
In Europe, stability balls have been used in the classroom as chairs. studies have shown and have seen improved focus, concentration, handwriting skills, a better understanding of class material, and better organizational skills. There are several studies going on in the US using the Stability Ball in schools as chairs, and the preliminary data is consistent with that found in Europe.
The Stability Ball is likely one of the most versatile pieces of equipment. It’s fun, it’s easy to use and everyone from children to seniors can enjoy its benefits safely and effectively.
Another unique feature about the stability ball is that it employs the neuromuscular system in a way that no other piece of exercise equipment can. They incorporate the use of:
- Multiple muscle systems
- Neurologically induced muscular responses
- Normal and natural process of balance
- The body’s own natural processes
- Establishing, restoring and maintaining balance
Therapists with athletic backgrounds and professional trainers have incorporated the balance ball into their everyday training. They have seen the results with the surrounding stabilizer muscles of a particular muscle group developing and strengthening more rapidly.
Stability ball effectiveness in developing balance and core strength has put them at the forefront in the world of athletic and functional conditioning and balance training.
Strength and conditioning experts everywhere have designed a multitude of exercises covering the entire body with stability balls. The only limitation encountered when using this great conditioning tool is your imagination.
Selecting a stability exercise ball is simple. A stability ball properly sized will allow you to sit on it with your knees and hip at 90 degrees. Using different size balls will allow you more flexibility and variation with your stability ball training.
- The ball can be used at home, in group exercise and personal training settings.
- It can be adapted to all ages, all fitness levels and special populations.
- The ball is portable and light weight.
- It is easy to travel with and easy to store.
- The ball is an inexpensive exercise tool.
- The ball is maintenance free over a long life.
10 Reasons To Use A Stability Ball As Your Chair
1. Forces proper spine alignment. Because an exercise ball is not stable, your body needs to try to balance itself on it. The perfect spinal posture is coincidentally the easiest to balance with. Thus, your body will automatically try to align itself into the proper posture. This helps improve your spinal health, and decrease back pains.
2. Causes you to frequently change positions. An exercise ball causes to you to change your position often to balance. For example, if you turn 45 degrees to face the phone, your body will assume a new position. This helps reduce damage caused by prolonged sitting in the same position.
3. Fitness is at your fingertips. Another great thing about using this alternative to a chair, is that you can do stretches or mini-workouts whenever you want, without getting up. If you’ve ever stuck waiting for a minute or two, you can make productive use of that time with a quick workout or stretch. Because it’s much more convenient, you will probably do it more, thus resulting in better health
4. Improves your balance. This one is very understandable. Sitting on an unstable surface all day will improve your sense of balance, as well as the reactions of your muscles. The result? An overall better balance, that can be observed out of the office.
5. Get that 6-pack you’ve been wanting. Your body primarily uses your core (abdominal) muscles to help compensate for changes in balance. Thus, your essentially getting a low-key abdominal workout. This may not sound like a lot, but consider the amount of time you spend on your computer at the office, or at home. Those hours can build up, and result in a strengthening of ab muscles.
6. Improves your circulation. Using an exercise ball will keep the blood flowing to all parts of your body, throughout the day. A desk chair on the other hand, reduces circulation to some parts of the body after prolonged use.
7. You’ll feel more energetic. It has been proven that staying in one position, will make you more tired, while moving around and being active with give you more energy. With an exercise ball as a chair, you will feel much more energized after you finish your work.
8. Burn up to 300 calories per day. More movement during the day = more calories burned. Burning 300 calories per day = losing one pound of fat every 10 days. You may not burn quite 300, but nonetheless, it will help you stay fit.
9. Inexpensive. Specialized exercise balls designed for sitting usage can range from $15 to $80. Much cheaper than buying an ergonomic chair, which can range anywhere from $100 to $400 and up.
10. It’s fun! Who doesn’t like the idea of bouncing around on an exercise ball all day. Exercise balls are an exciting alternative to chairs, and may just give that spark of fun to your day.